Obama Wants Calorie Info Posted on Vending Machines

There are plenty of thin in-shape people who buy food from vending machines. It is hardly reasonable to tax them because some fat oaf can't keep his hands off. Besides, now they have Obamacare so you're not paying for anything.

"thin, in-shape" does not mean healthy.

You'll also see people who actually believe that an occasional McDonald's "meal" is okay. Its not.

Be that as it may, the question is whether or not we should be able to see what is in our "food" before we pay for it. I believe we should have that choice. Those who disagree don't have to read.

Yeah thin in shape people are known for being unhealthy. In Bangladesh.
An occasional McD's is fine. There is no evidence otherwise. But even so, what business is it of yours what someone sticks in his mouth? Yeah,none.
You have the choice. Every piece of food in America comes with a label saying what's in it. If it really bothers you then dont eat out of vending machines at all. Pack fruit, nuts, bean sprouts or wahtever other crap you want.

None of that McDongle's pretend-food has a label on it. Nor does anything you get in any restaurant (even real ones) unless they do so voluntarily. Nor do fruit or vegetables.

You'll also see people who actually believe that an occasional McDonald's "meal" is okay. Its not.

Be that as it may, the question is whether or not we should be able to see what is in our "food" before we pay for it. I believe we should have that choice. Those who disagree don't have to read.

An occasional McD's is fine. There is no evidence otherwise. But even so, what business is it of yours what someone sticks in his mouth? Yeah,none.
You have the choice. Every piece of food in America comes with a label saying what's in it. If it really bothers you then dont eat out of vending machines at all. Pack fruit, nuts, bean sprouts or wahtever other crap you want.

None of that McDongle's pretend-food has a label on it. Nor does anything you get in any restaurant (even real ones) unless they do so voluntarily. Nor do fruit or vegetables.

Wrong.
Fast food nutrition labeling is confusing and ineffective: study; Calorie counts require ?complex math skills?* - NY Daily News

Wrong.
Fast food nutrition labeling is confusing and ineffective: study; Calorie counts require ?complex math skills?* - NY Daily News

No... right.

Chic-fil-A posts the cal counts on the menu board.

You can get the more informative nutritional info from the FF restaurants if you ask or go online.

I eat very healthy foods. My snacks are various nuts. So I'm doing my part.
But as we all know, we have to pay for other's inability to control themselves. As I pointed out, obesity contributes more the rise in healthcare than even smoking, The US has the highest cost for healthcare in the world by leaps and bounds. Economists say the our country's economy can't sustain the continued rise in the cost of healthcare.
But we should turn a blind eye to those who are driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone? They are taking money out of your wallet, they are taking money out of my wallet. But that's OK.

There are plenty of thin in-shape people who buy food from vending machines. It is hardly reasonable to tax them because some fat oaf can't keep his hands off. Besides, now they have Obamacare so you're not paying for anything.

You haven't figured out that vending machines are full of crap food & need a label posted?? Grow Up ~
Who is going to pay the 25 million every year for these labels. Small business owners will. And this will do exactly what the Gov wants. Put people out of business and loss of jobs. It's all about Control...regulating and mandating by the FDA.

We want clean healthy food but we Can't get GMO labels put on food. Only in America are we eating GMOs food products & without labels. There is a HUGE group of us trying very hard without much success to get the Government to put a stop to GMOs or at least a label so I know NOT to eat it. It isn't vending machine foods that is making people FAT. It's all the crap fillers made with Genetically Modified Organisms.
GMOs have not been tested on humans. It's put into our food and fed to the food we eat. And how about the hormones our food supply is soaking into our bodies. Hormones, PBA and soy is in lotions, shampoo and almost everything we rub or put on our bodies. Why all the infertility?? Cancer?? Our food supply is tainted by MONSANTO ~~ Big Bucks is killing us.

To eat a healthy clean diet is very hard to do. It's expensive and very time consuming finding Organic GMO free foods. One label I'm very happy to see is Gluten Free. No Gluten removes the grain that is grown with GMO seeds. Everything GF & GMO free is much more expensive. The poor can't afford healthy clean food. Unless you are eating grass fed meat and organic fruits and veggies your putting crap into you body vending machine or fine dining. $25 million per year could be used much effectively by putting proper labels on real food instead of the front of a vending machine.

And the finger pointing has already begun just by the tone of this thread to divide people even more...You're to fat..You smoke...I shouldn't have to pay for you doing this. Well I don't want to pay because you do that. This is America. What happened to personal responsibility? Our government is supposed to work for Us not we do what they say!! Wake Up. We can't afford to keep eating the crap that we call food.

We continue to scream and protest against GMOs and label GMO foods. But No we get a label on the front of a fucking vending machine instead...
Just say NO to GMOs. Every other western country doesn't allow GMO foods. Notice we are the fattest country, Obese and starving. Cut out the Grain and lose weight without even trying...

Obama isn't interested in vending machines...He's a LIAR ~ If he was concerned about what we eat he would have kept his promise to STOP GMOs and put labels on what we are eating.

Obamas Nothing but a Fucking Pathological LIAR.....
Obama's Broken Promise on GMO Food Labeling | Mother Jones
President Obama Breaks His Promise To Label GMO Foods - Super Human Radio Health Talk Show : Internet Radio Talk station

Last edited:
Regulation and more regulation...**headdesk**

If it moves, they tax it. I it keeps movin, they regulate it. If it stops moving, they subsidize it. If they subsidize it, the country gets in more debt and I die a little inside

the Democrat/Progressive/Commie motto

If it moves tax it, if it's a machine regulate it....They don't care how they hurt the little guy to get their money

You haven't figured out that vending machines are full of crap food & need a label posted?? Grow Up ~
Who is going to pay the 25 million every year for these labels. Small business owners will. And this will do exactly what the Gov wants. Put people out of business and loss of jobs. It's all about Control...regulating and mandating by the FDA.

We want clean healthy food but we Can't get GMO labels put on food. Only in America are we eating GMOs food products & without labels. There is a HUGE group of us trying very hard without much success to get the Government to put a stop to GMOs or at least a label so I know NOT to eat it. It isn't vending machine foods that is making people FAT. It's all the crap fillers made with Genetically Modified Organisms.
GMOs have not been tested on humans. It's put into our food and fed to the food we eat. And how about the hormones our food supply is soaking into our bodies. Hormones, PBA and soy is in lotions, shampoo and almost everything we rub or put on our bodies. Why all the infertility?? Cancer?? Our food supply is tainted by MONSANTO ~~ Big Bucks is killing us.

To eat a healthy clean diet is very hard to do. It's expensive and very time consuming finding Organic GMO free foods. One label I'm very happy to see is Gluten Free. No Gluten removes the grain that is grown with GMO seeds. Everything GF & GMO free is much more expensive. The poor can't afford healthy clean food. Unless you are eating grass fed meat and organic fruits and veggies your putting crap into you body vending machine or fine dining. $25 million per year could be used much effectively by putting proper labels on real food instead of the front of a vending machine.

And the finger pointing has already begun just by the tone of this thread to divide people even more...You're to fat..You smoke...I shouldn't have to pay for you doing this. Well I don't want to pay because you do that. This is America. What happened to personal responsibility? Our government is supposed to work for Us not we do what they say!! Wake Up. We can't afford to keep eating the crap that we call food.

We continue to scream and protest against GMOs and label GMO foods. But No we get a label on the front of a fucking vending machine instead...
Just say NO to GMOs. Every other western country doesn't allow GMO foods. Notice we are the fattest country, Obese and starving. Cut out the Grain and lose weight without even trying...

Obama isn't interested in vending machines...He's a LIAR ~ If he was concerned about what we eat he would have kept his promise to STOP GMOs and put labels on what we are eating.

President Obama Breaks His Promise To Label GMO Foods - Super Human Radio Health Talk Show : Internet Radio Talk station

Too bad you didn't even bother to read what you're responding to.

Inform yourself. Read The Industrial Diet; The Degradation of Food and the Struggle for Healthy Eating
NYU Press - The Industrial Diet

There's an excellent app for your phone to help you find non-GMO food.

Inform yourself. Read The Industrial Diet; The Degradation of Food and the Struggle for Healthy Eating

We can, the info is on the label and anything out of a vending machine is processed crap.

So basically Repubs are against this because...they are against it.

Knowing whats in your food is a good thing but its not because....?

If you're eating something from the vending machine you dont have common sense because....?

You dont have the right to know, you should already know the nutritional facts because....?

If you're eating something from the vending machine you dont have common sense because....?

You dont have the right to know, you should already know the nutritional facts because....?

Six pages of people stating their arguments and you dont get it. Why should anyone be surprised?

Six pages of people stating their arguments and you dont get it. Why should anyone be surprised?

As long as Obama suggest it we are all suppose to just eat it up, don't you know?
and hey, forget the COST this would put on the little guys who own these machines...Our Daddy Obambam know what best for us all and we should just all bow to his ignorant ideas so his goberment can raise more money

Last edited:

Thanks for clearing that up

As long as Obama suggest it we are all suppose to just eat it up, don't you know?
and hey, forget the COST this would put on the little guys who own these machines...Our Daddy Obambam know what best for us all and we should just all bow to his ignorant ideas so his goberment can raise more money

I appreciate you laying out your well reasoned argument. Which in summation can be paraphrased as "If Obama is for it, I am against it, because."

I appreciate you laying out your well reasoned argument. Which in summation can be paraphrased as "If Obama is for it, I am against it, because."

well duh, you just figured that out?
the man is PROVEN lying idiot...AND this with vending machines drives that point home
If you don't understand the real reason they are calling for this....it's to suck more $$$$$$$$ from the little people in this country, then I can't help you see anything with this administration and their comrades in arms

Last edited:

Thanks for clearing that up

If 6 pages of argument cant clear it up, why would one post?

well duh, you just figured that out?

No you are just finally admitting it

I'm not against labels...I said I want label on REAL FOOD. Vending machine is NOT Real Food.
GF is one that is extremely important. Anyone with celiac disease removal of all gluten is the ONLY Treatment possible. So they are life saving and make a real difference.

The point is that this will Kill small business owners. This is going to cost 25 million per year put on Small business...JOBS ~ I guess that no big deal to you! Are you against small business but support Big business like MONSANTO???

Beginning in 2007 to the 2008 election Obama PROMISED labels for GMOs but after the election not a word about GMOs. GMO was a reason Many Voted for Obama. Both D&R agree that we want to know what we are eating. We want labels on all food containing Genetically Modified Organisms.

Why put a label on a Vending Machine where we already know it's full of Shit but Not on Real Food that we cook and serve to our family as Promised by Obama the Liar...

I expect Our President to honor the promises he made. He caved to MONSANTO Big Business. Monsanto is NOT a food producer it's a chemical co making poisons that we are eating. How do you find a GMO plant?? Round up won't kill it. Beef is fed GMO corn that we then eat. But you just continue to use your phone app and believe what you're told.

Vending machine label should simply read...Full of Crap ~ Eat at your own risk!!
We can't even get this on REAL Food~

Hint...If you need to read the label before eating anything out of a vending machine step away and Call your Mommy as You are much too stupid to be making your own food choices.

Why NO GMO labeling in America?? Because People would NOT eat it!!!

Shock findings in new GMO study: Rats fed lifetime of GM corn grow horrifying tumors, 70% of females die early

Sorry. T here has never been a credible study in over 30 years that suggests GMOs are harmful in any way. It's a religion with some people. Like global warming.

Sorry. T here has never been a credible study in over 30 years that suggests GMOs are harmful in any way. It's a religion with some people. Like global warming.
No studies have been done is the USA. There have been several studies in the UK.
It seems We in the US are they only western country that even allows GMO's in Anything!!
There is a direct link of auto immune disease & gluten.

In Oregon there was wheat plant that did not die with round up. Immediately sent in for testing. That Plant put sales to Japan in jeopardy as Oregon is the largest wheat grower for Japan.

Why no other country allows use of GMO if it's so safe?? Why no testing here in America??
MONSANTO is Chemical co not a food source.

GMO Wheat Found In Oregon Field. How Did It Get There? : The Salt : NPR

Forum List

Back