Obama to Use EPA to Declare CO2 a Dangerous Pollutant ….

You don't think CO2 is a pollutant?

Lets try an experiment. Get a plastic bag and place it over your head. Seal it with a rubberband around your neck. Don't like it? Its just good ole CO2
Do you know the difference between a pollutant and a naturally occurring gas?

Why don't they regulate water vapor? Its the most significant green house gas in the atmosphere right now?

It doesn't mattter if it is naturally occuring. Too much of a good thing is still a pollutant. If it upsets the natural chemical balance it is harmful
Ummm... since when is .4% of .038% of the atmosphere a serious threat to life on Earth as we know it??? That's our output of CO2.

BTW, every moderate sized volcanic eruption releases as much pollution into the atmosphere as mankind did throughout it's entire history.

Gotta cork to help deal with that?

Why don't they regulate water vapor? Its the most significant green house gas in the atmosphere right now?

It doesn't mattter if it is naturally occuring. Too much of a good thing is still a pollutant. If it upsets the natural chemical balance it is harmful
Ummm... since when is .4% of .038% of the atmosphere a serious threat to life on Earth as we know it??? That's our output of CO2.

BTW, every moderate sized volcanic eruption releases as much pollution into the atmosphere as mankind did throughout it's entire history.

Why is real Science so hateful and hurtful to Libruls?

Why is real Science so hateful and hurtful to Libruls?
Because reality refuses to conform with their ideals as they demand it should.

Horseshit.

That's like saying too much oxygen is a pollutant.

This is a fucken scam.

A way to tax us for naturally occuring emissions.

A fucken joke.

The proof is the sales of carbon credits. Making money off of the gullible.
Everything is toxic. It's the dosage that makes the difference.

What a shame Conservatives failed science class. It seems they failed history too, but that's a different thread.

Horseshit.

This is a fucken scam.

A fucken joke.

What a shame Conservatives failed science class. It seems they failed history too, but that's a different thread.

Post #21 is mine. I'm a conservative. Post #41 is pretty conservative too. Oh look, science in our posts. I have a science degree from a well known university. You fail.

Horseshit.

This is a fucken scam.

A fucken joke.

Post #21 is mine. I'm a conservative. Post #41 is pretty conservative too. Oh look, science in our posts. I have a science degree from a well known university. You fail.
If you are science literate, then step up and tamp down the ignorance!

Already have in many threads on this subject. You are supporting junk science. How is that for tamping down ignorance?

Already have in many threads on this subject. You are supporting junk science. How is that for tamping down ignorance?
Every time a Conservative realizes science has proved a method of doing something as harmful (read insulating pipes, painting houses, making steel, refining oil, generating electricity) he stands on his hind legs and eschews fact and claims "Junk Science"!

Seems cost trumps lives!

The glaciers completed their retreat and settled in their present positions about 10–12,000 years ago. There have been other fluctuations in global temperatures on a smaller scale, however, that have sometimes been known popularly as ice ages. The 400 year period between the fourteenth and the eighteenth centuries is sometimes called the Little Ice Age. Contemporaries noted that the Baltic Sea froze over twice in the first decade of the 1300s. Temperatures in Europe fell enough to shorten the growing season, and the production of grain in Scandinavia dropped precipitously as a result. The Norse communities in Greenland could no longer be maintained and were abandoned by the end of the fifteenth century. Scientists argue that data indicate that we are currently in an interglacial period, and that North polar ice will again move south some time in the next 23,000 years.
Read more: Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History
Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History

When the temperature trend in the "blade" of the hockey stick between 1850 and 2000 is examined in more detail, as shown in Figure 2, it is found that the average global temperature doesn't increase exponentially like the measurements of carbon dioxide do at Mauna Loa. The temperature increases between about 1850 and 1940, and then decreases for a 30-year period from 1940 to 1970, after which it begins to climb again. This is very peculiar if carbon dioxide is driving global temperature, because the greatest increase in output from industrial production and the associated release of carbon dioxide would have occurred during this period. Following World War II, industrial productivity and the release of carbon dioxide climbed rapidly. Yet temperature fell, prompting many climatologists to express concern that we were heading into another ice age. Once again, the average global temperature began to warm in 1970. The temperature and carbon dioxide diagrams do not match up, as one would expect if carbon dioxide concentration is driving temperature.

Does Carbon Dioxide Drive Global Warming?

Do your own research on how ocean currents effect glaciers and the effect of sun spots on the earth's climate.

Last edited:
Obama and crew will not wait for the outcome of Copenhagen or the passage of the Waxman-Markey climate bill, predicted for 2010 at the earliest. Obama will declare carbon dioxide a dangerous pollutant this week.

The Environmental Protection Agency has declared carbon dioxide dangerous and this will probably result in the government requiring businesses that emit carbon dioxide and five other “greenhouse gases” to make costly changes in machinery to reduce emissions. Congress need not be consulted and no law need be enacted.

An EPA “endangerment finding” would allow the federal agency to use the federal Clean Air Act to regulate carbon-dioxide emissions

the full story.... Ummm Isn’t Co2 what trees breath??? I thought they loved the tress??? . I wonder if any of us will be the lucky 50 million to survive

Ct Patriots Blog

Wow, a serious Republican scientist. It's what the "trees breathe".

Obama and crew will not wait for the outcome of Copenhagen or the passage of the Waxman-Markey climate bill, predicted for 2010 at the earliest. Obama will declare carbon dioxide a dangerous pollutant this week.

The Environmental Protection Agency has declared carbon dioxide dangerous and this will probably result in the government requiring businesses that emit carbon dioxide and five other “greenhouse gases” to make costly changes in machinery to reduce emissions. Congress need not be consulted and no law need be enacted.

An EPA “endangerment finding” would allow the federal agency to use the federal Clean Air Act to regulate carbon-dioxide emissions

the full story.... Ummm Isn’t Co2 what trees breath??? I thought they loved the tress??? . I wonder if any of us will be the lucky 50 million to survive

Ct Patriots Blog

Wow, a serious Republican scientist. It's what the "trees breathe".

What gases are used in plant respiration then?

making steel
Any idea how much steel is in a windfarm? Any idea how much concrete, OIL, etc?

They're nothing close to green.
point missed. Insulating pipes? We used asbestos for years! When it was proven harmful, the Conservatives shouted "junk science'! Painting houses? We used lead-based paint. When it was proven harmful, again the shouts of "junk science" were heard from the right. Making steel? We convert coal to coke and in the process release benzene. Oh, but changing the coke making process costs money. "Junk science!"

making steel
Any idea how much steel is in a windfarm? Any idea how much concrete, OIL, etc?

They're nothing close to green.
point missed. Insulating pipes? We used asbestos for years! When it was proven harmful, the Conservatives shouted "junk science'! Painting houses? We used lead-based paint. When it was proven harmful, again the shouts of "junk science" were heard from the right. Making steel? We convert coal to coke and in the process release benzene. Oh, but changing the coke making process costs money. "Junk science!"
I got your point. However you missed mine.

And besides, it wasn't ONLY "conservatives" yelling "junk science" on those things. Unless you believe only conservatives own companies. You're painting with a far too partisan broad brush.

MY point was, you're embracing AGW pretty much blindly, never using any critical thought or skepticism, therefore never worry that the alternatives might be just as bad or worse for the planet as fossil fuels.

The "green" movement is suffering from mission creep. The mission is no longer what's good for the planet, the mission now is a purely political one.

As soon as you question the motives, your critical thought processes will kick in and you'll start to see the light. And you'll see the dirty little secrets.

co2_530.jpg

gatekeeper-- "faux" leadership? since when is the president's leadership "faux"?

damn, it's funny watching the wingnuts on this thread. the o/p makes an assertion.... undocumented; unsubstantiated.... then extrapolates out into some psychotic wingnut conspiracy theory hysteria and faux outrage....

and the other little wingnuts dance around.

nutters.... :cuckoo:

:lol::lol: Cut the Crap 'j', B. H. Obama is in way over his head, he reached his level of incompetence as soon as he took the oath of office.

No wonder the country will NEVER be,'united', even a small group of bloggers in here there is so much division it looks like a diced meat convention. Obama is NOT a leader in my opinion, he may be highly educated, and is a very articulate "BullChitter", but he has no clue in being an effective leader of a nation, or nations, as other nations have backed off from his 'leadership' inabilities.

We don't need a BS'er, we need a real leader.

Hey asshole, we elected a real leader. After eight years of total incompetance by the fellows that you support, we elected someone with brains. Get used to the idea that you are not going to like the results of that decision by the American citizens. Get used to the idea that the majority of us don't give a damn that it is not to your liking.

The glaciers completed their retreat and settled in their present positions about 10–12,000 years ago. There have been other fluctuations in global temperatures on a smaller scale, however, that have sometimes been known popularly as ice ages. The 400 year period between the fourteenth and the eighteenth centuries is sometimes called the Little Ice Age. Contemporaries noted that the Baltic Sea froze over twice in the first decade of the 1300s. Temperatures in Europe fell enough to shorten the growing season, and the production of grain in Scandinavia dropped precipitously as a result. The Norse communities in Greenland could no longer be maintained and were abandoned by the end of the fifteenth century. Scientists argue that data indicate that we are currently in an interglacial period, and that North polar ice will again move south some time in the next 23,000 years.
Read more: Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History
Polar Ice Caps - Polar Ice Caps And Geologic History

When the temperature trend in the "blade" of the hockey stick between 1850 and 2000 is examined in more detail, as shown in Figure 2, it is found that the average global temperature doesn't increase exponentially like the measurements of carbon dioxide do at Mauna Loa. The temperature increases between about 1850 and 1940, and then decreases for a 30-year period from 1940 to 1970, after which it begins to climb again. This is very peculiar if carbon dioxide is driving global temperature, because the greatest increase in output from industrial production and the associated release of carbon dioxide would have occurred during this period. Following World War II, industrial productivity and the release of carbon dioxide climbed rapidly. Yet temperature fell, prompting many climatologists to express concern that we were heading into another ice age. Once again, the average global temperature began to warm in 1970. The temperature and carbon dioxide diagrams do not match up, as one would expect if carbon dioxide concentration is driving temperature.

Does Carbon Dioxide Drive Global Warming?

Do your own research on how ocean currents effect glaciers and the effect of sun spots on the earth's climate.

Did that research.

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/2004/dai_complete_20041026.pdf

This paper by the world's leading climatologist shows the reason for the variation after WW2, and outlines the coming dangers.

Forum List

Back