Obama to Tax Us 1% More at the Gas Pump!

Yes it does, you dim bulb.

The only reason for the law to be changed is to target a specific company, with the implication that it is prejudged as guilty, with the penalty to be an enormous sum of money.

Article 1, Section 9:

"No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

That is pretty danged clear.

Last edited:
We could fine BP 20 billion and guess who would be paying it?
Costs are always passed on to consumers. Anyone with a brain knows that.
Last I checked there were other companies selling oil.

But hey, we wouldn't want to make consumers actually pay the full price of the gas they use. People in Louisiana and Mississippi and Alabama should have to pay a higher price than people in Georgia, by having their coast soaked in oil, just because, right?

Maybe we shouldn't apply the law to corporations at all. Simply allow them to do as they please. That way they won't pass any higher cost onto us.

What's the problem TM? The passing of a retroactive law raising BP's liability from $75 million to $10 billion not onerous enough for you?

"retroactive" ?

The spill is still happening, its not "retro-active". If BP doesn't want to have the liability limits raised on the oil they will be leaking after the law is passed, I guess they ought to stop the fucking leak then, right?

When the spill happened, the cap was $75m. That's a fact. No one can pretend otherwise.

Great. I'm talking about the spill that's still going on.
You fucking money grabbing little bastards just sitting there waiting to file your illegitimate claims make me sick. You're an embarrassment to your country.
What the fuck are you even talking about you dumb ex-pat whore?

The only reason for the law to be changed is to target a specific company, with the implication that it is prejudged as guilty, with the penalty to be an enormous sum of money.

Article 1, Section 9:

A Bill of Attainder is a law that declares a party guilty. BP would still have to be sued in court and lose. You're stupid.

I am defending the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'.

Only applies to criminal law.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Now, you are just clutching at straws. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Considering no jury in a civil trial has ever returned a verdict of "guilty" - I don't think its that far of a stretch.

Not to mention the burden of proof is equally shared in civil trials, whereas the burden is entirely on the prosecution in criminal trials.

Last edited:

Article 1, Section 9:

A Bill of Attainder is a law that declares a party guilty. BP would still have to be sued in court and lose. You're stupid.

B'loney. I'm sure the lawyers on the Left will spin an Orwellian Fog to justify the ex post facto law. But anyone with ethics and common sense can see that the only reason for the law being passed is to punish BP after the fact and to extract an enormous sum of money from them. That is judging them guilty and imposing a sentence without a trial.

An ex post facto law (from the Latin for "from after the action") or retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions committed or relationships that existed prior to the enactment of the law. In reference to criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed; or it may aggravate a crime by bringing it into a more severe category than it was in at the time it was committed; or it may change or increase the punishment prescribed for a crime, such as by adding new penalties or extending terms; or it may alter the rules of evidence in order to make conviction for a crime more likely than it would have been at the time of the action for which a defendant is prosecuted.

Article 1, Section 9:

B'loney. I'm sure the lawyers on the Left will spin an Orwellian Fog to justify the ex post facto law. But anyone with ethics and common sense can see that the only reason for the law being passed is to punish BP after the fact and to extract an enormous sum of money from them. That is judging them guilty and imposing a sentence without a trial.

You have no clue what a bill of attainder is, so stop trying to make arguments about it.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: I live on the gulf coast in a resort/commercial/recreational fishing town. BP is actually showing themselves to be suprisingly
proactive in anticipation of the communities that are potentially threatened by the spill. Not only have they taken applications from over 15,000 boats owners (commercial/recreational charter boats) but they've already sent WRS-Compass, a safety company, to our community and offered the HAZMAT operations level clean -up class that is required by the EPA. I took the 8 hour class, along with about 150 other boat captains/mates, and amazingly, we're not whining about BP because we're smart enough to know that without oil, our boats don't leave the dock, and we don't make any money. Instead, we've come together as a community, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BP, to figure out how to combat the problem long before it ever reaches our shores. BP is offering to pay $1500 to $2500 per boat/per day to put out and recover sorbent booms and other operational needs. So for all you idiot "lib's" who like to talk about having "skin in the game", we actually do and there's no fingerpointing going on here ideological dumbass's!! BP is already proven themselves prompt to us from filing claims to making sure we're prepared well in advance for what may be coming to our shores as well as doing what they can EXPIDITIOUSLY to help our local economy in the process!! So go back to your liberal talking points and shut up about something YOU don't have any "skin in the game in" retards!!

ATTENTION PEOPLE: I live on the gulf coast in a resort/commercial/recreational fishing town. BP is actually showing themselves to be suprisingly
proactive in anticipation of the communities that are potentially threatened by the spill. Not only have they taken applications from over 15,000 boats owners (commercial/recreational charter boats) but they've already sent WRS-Compass, a safety company, to our community and offered the HAZMAT operations level clean -up class that is required by the EPA. I took the 8 hour class, along with about 150 other boat captains/mates, and amazingly, we're not whining about BP because we're smart enough to know that without oil, our boats don't leave the dock, and we don't make any money. Instead, we've come together as a community, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BP, to figure out how to combat the problem long before it ever reaches our shores. BP is offering to pay $1500 to $2500 per boat/per day to put out and recover sorbent booms and other operational needs. So for all you idiot "lib's" who like to talk about having "skin in the game", we actually do and there's no fingerpointing going on here ideological dumbass's!! BP is already proven themselves prompt to us from filing claims to making sure we're prepared well in advance for what may be coming to our shores as well as doing what they can EXPIDITIOUSLY to help our local economy in the process!! So go back to your liberal talking points and shut up about something YOU don't have any "skin in the game in" retards!!

Great - lets give BP a fucking Congressional Medal of Honor for doing what they are supposed to do.

BP is offering to pay $1500 to $2500 per boat/per day to put out
Where do you think BP will be 20 years from now when the beaches are still covered in oil?

All part of their contract when they leased the area to drill if there was a spill.
They did not volunteer to do it.

Oh fuck off you stupid piece of shit. WE, the American taxpayer, not just you Bubba Gump motherfuckers are going to have to pay to clean this shit up. So, who the fuck are you to say we don't have "skin the game"?

Great - lets give BP a fucking Congressional Medal of Honor for doing what they are supposed to do.

Where do you think BP will be 20 years from now when the beaches are still covered in oil?
Your just showing your ignorance, but far be it from me to try to imepede your right to free speech, no matter how idiotic!!

P.S. That was a pathetic arguement based on absolutely nothing that has to do with fact!

And of course that tax increase will be passed down to the consumers.

Your just showing your ignorance, but far be it from me to try to imepede your right to free speech, no matter how idiotic!!

P.S. That was a pathetic arguement based on absolutely nothing that has to do with fact!

If you wanna see ignorance you can type "Exxon Valdez 20 years later" into google. The search should bring up some pretty pictures of what our coast will look like in 20 years.

BP is such a great company - they're asking for VOLUNTEERS on there website.
BP Global | BP

How awesome of them, they spill a ton of oil, then they try to get people to help them clean it up - for FREE.

Oh fuck off you stupid piece of shit. WE, the American taxpayer, not just you Bubba Gump motherfuckers are going to have to pay to clean this shit up. So, who the fuck are you to say we don't have "skin the game"?
No, you fuck off idiot! I was responding to your ilk that claim BP is trying to shrug off their responsibility, and I happen to have firsthand experience that they're NOT! Why don't you address the subject matter directly instead of wetting your pants and having to resort to a juvenile namecalling rant that exposes your intellect, or lack thereof......

Forum List

Back