Obama to Tax Us 1% More at the Gas Pump!

It would be downright unAmerican to force BP to to pay to clean up their own mess.

No one is having to 'force' BP to clean up. They have already stated - in fact they said well before Obama said he would 'force' them - that they would pay whatever clean up costs were necessary.... AND they would pay legitimate claims for compensation. I fail to see what more they are expected to do. Other than stop the leak and it does appear that they are trying to do that.

Right now BP is in a circle jerk with Halliburton and Transocean over who's at fault.

None of them have any intention of paying to clean up this mess.

Dude, you might want to do some research next time before you type... especially since BP has already given the state of Florida 25 million to help protect it's shores...

BP to provide $25 million for initial Florida oil spill cleanup | abcactionnews.com

Not surprisingly, the rightwing herd has slowly but surely managed en masse to align itself in defense of big oil on this one. Nice work, Limbaugh.

And, time and again, the left want to 'blame' before they have the evidence required to make an informed decision.

Less fucking ranting, more fucking critical thinking required by the left.

Okay, you tell me. If it is premature to decide that BP (and the affiliated companies, TransOcean etc.) is liable for this spill and its attendant damages,

what are the alternative possible explanations, i.e., those that would exonerate BP from liability?

List them.

Yeah and hows all that cleany cleany working out for ya?

They are pretending to try things they know wont work because they dont know how to clean this mess.

Fuck you whineing assholes.

PAY YOUR TAXES, man the fuck up and pay without crying about it.

YOUR heros made this mess now help us pay for cleaning it up.

Its your policies that created this mess so shut the fuck up and open your damned wallet

That is a typical lib response... Go off on some foul mouthed lecture instead of talking about this like a normal human being... bravo truth.... You are a disgrace... I'm glad you are not representing us conservatives.

So I guess you don't drive a car or ever take a plane somewhere or use any energy that comes from oil... That explains a lot... Thanks!

Dear Idiot its you who is whining about paying a penny kmore of taxes.

Do you understand your insistance on taxes NEVER being raised while cheering on two wars and deregulation of the industries that gave us this entire mess?

No you dont because you are too fucking partisan to face real facts.

OPEN UP YOUR DAMNED WALLET AND PAY THIS COUNTRY BACK FOR THE MESSES YOU INSISTED ON CREATING!

Not surprisingly, the rightwing herd has slowly but surely managed en masse to align itself in defense of big oil on this one. Nice work, Limbaugh.

And, time and again, the left want to 'blame' before they have the evidence required to make an informed decision.

Okay, you tell me. If it is premature to decide that BP (and the affiliated companies, TransOcean etc.) is liable for this spill and its attendant damages,

what are the alternative possible explanations, i.e., those that would exonerate BP from liability?

List them.

I don't believe in speculating about responsibility. I judge on FACT, not theories or speculation. Interestingly, you are the one of the few people on this board who mentions any other liability other than BP.

It would be downright unAmerican to force BP to to pay to clean up their own mess.

No one is having to 'force' BP to clean up. They have already stated - in fact they said well before Obama said he would 'force' them - that they would pay whatever clean up costs were necessary.... AND they would pay legitimate claims for compensation. I fail to see what more they are expected to do. Other than stop the leak and it does appear that they are trying to do that.

Right now BP is in a circle jerk with Halliburton and Transocean over who's at fault.

I say we take them over and liquidate their assests to pay for the damge for the next 100 years it will take to fix it.

Yeah and hows all that cleany cleany working out for ya?

They are pretending to try things they know wont work because they dont know how to clean this mess.

Fuck you whineing assholes.

PAY YOUR TAXES, man the fuck up and pay without crying about it.

YOUR heros made this mess now help us pay for cleaning it up.

Its your policies that created this mess so shut the fuck up and open your damned wallet

That is a typical lib response... Go off on some foul mouthed lecture instead of talking about this like a normal human being... bravo truth.... You are a disgrace... I'm glad you are not representing us conservatives.

So I guess you don't drive a car or ever take a plane somewhere or use any energy that comes from oil... That explains a lot... Thanks!

Dear Idiot its you who is whining about paying a penny kmore of taxes.

Do you understand your insistance on taxes NEVER being raised while cheering on two wars and deregulation of the industries that gave us this entire mess?

No you dont because you are too fucking partisan to face real facts.

OPEN UP YOUR DAMNED WALLET AND PAY THIS COUNTRY BACK FOR THE MESSES YOU INSISTED ON CREATING!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I bet you don't see the complete and total irony of calling anyone else a partisan. You are one of the biggest fucking partisans on the board. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I say we take them over and liquidate their assests to pay for the damge for the next 100 years it will take to fix it.

Firstly, BP is not an American company, therefore the US Government cannot - by international law - 'take them over'.... and, if that's what you think, then you are no liberal, truthmatters.... you're a fucking commie.

Dude, you might want to do some research next time before you type... especially since BP has already given the state of Florida 25 million to help protect it's shores...

BP to provide $25 million for initial Florida oil spill cleanup | abcactionnews.com

Twenty five million won't even come close to fixing the damage.

Maybe we should just get it over with and replace the Senate with 100 representatives of the world's 100 largest corporations, elected by their shareholders.

List them.

I don't believe in speculating about responsibility. I judge on FACT, not theories or speculation. Interestingly, you are the one of the few people on this board who mentions any other liability other than BP.

In other words you CANNOT even come with an alternative scenario that does NOT hold BP responsible?

Then why are you ragging on 'liberals' who believe that BP is responsible?

What speculation is going on here that you don't believe is justified.

Be specific.

Firstly, BP is not an American company, therefore the US Government cannot - by international law - 'take them over'.... and, if that's what you think, then you are no liberal, truthmatters.... you're a fucking commie.

Are you saying we have no recourse to make ourselves whole because they are a foriegn company?

Then what it the hell are we doing letting them drill in this area if we can not recover our losses?

Hows that drilly drilly thing working our for you CG?

Are you getting the idea yet?

Maybe we should just get it over with and replace the Senate with 100 representatives of the world's 100 largest corporations, elected by their shareholders.

Some days it feels like we already have the largest 100 US corporations. I got a problem with your international flavor. I think the incumbents getting canned in the primaries movement seems to be taking your issue to task.

These are the same people who will be donating to the candidates of their chosing in the next election cycle.

List them.

In other words you CANNOT even come with an alternative scenario that does NOT hold BP responsible?

Be specific.

How's this for specific? We are a nation of laws. Until a court finds someone guilty, they are innocent. Even if they are a giant corporation. The public doesn't get to convict them and you don't either.

Of course the headline doesn't read like this... It tells you that BP is being charged 1% more but we all know who is going to be paying for it... Well except for maybe some liberals on here...

Barack Obama plans to punish BP with tax hike as Gulf spill worsens - Times Online
It's one cent per barrel not 1%. With oil at $75/barrel, the tax is .0133%. It will make no significant difference in price.

Unfortunately you are seeing what you want to see instead of what's written.

Oh fucking please they have already all said they are guilty.

Now they are just trying to get each other to pay the tab.

I say they all pay the tab right up until they dont exsist anymore.

List them.

Be specific.

Don't put words into the posts of another - it is a sign of ignorance and is rarely, if ever, accurate.

There is a wide gulf between believing someone guilty and having the evidence to KNOW that they are. Personally, as with any other catastrophe, I'll wait for the facts before I hang anyone. Call me a heartless bitch, but I do like to have the evidence before I convict someone. I don't care what anyone 'believes', unless you can prove it, it is irrelevant.

Oh fucking please they have already all said they are guilty.

Now they are just trying to get each other to pay the tab.

I say they all pay the tab right up until they dont exsist anymore.

So, if they have all said they are guilty, how come you are looking to 'take over' BP alone? Which is not only illegal, it is fucking communism.

You're an overly emotional, left wing hack so your response hardly surprises anyone.... In fact, if you said anything that demonstrated critical thought instead of hysterical ranting, I'm sure the rest of the board would be impressed.

Forum List

Back