Obama to Tax Us 1% More at the Gas Pump!

It would be downright unAmerican to force BP to to pay to clean up their own mess.

It would be downright unAmerican to force BP to to pay to clean up their own mess.

No one is having to 'force' BP to clean up. They have already stated - in fact they said well before Obama said he would 'force' them - that they would pay whatever clean up costs were necessary.... AND they would pay legitimate claims for compensation. I fail to see what more they are expected to do. Other than stop the leak and it does appear that they are trying to do that.

Yeah and hows all that cleany cleany working out for ya?

They are pretending to try things they know wont work because they dont know how to clean this mess.

Fuck you whineing assholes.

PAY YOUR TAXES, man the fuck up and pay without crying about it.

YOUR heros made this mess now help us pay for cleaning it up.

Its your policies that created this mess so shut the fuck up and open your damned wallet

No one is having to 'force' BP to clean up. They have already stated - in fact they said well before Obama said he would 'force' them - that they would pay whatever clean up costs were necessary.... AND they would pay legitimate claims for compensation. I fail to see what more they are expected to do. Other than stop the leak and it does appear that they are trying to do that.

Cali G....have you been paying attention to the grillinng the heads of BP, TransOcean and Haliburton have been getting? Have you listened to their answers? I have never heard more of a blame game in my life. NONE of these assholes has any intention of paying for ANYTHING. This will all end up in the court systems for decades. It's the American corporate way!

Poor BP, Poor BP...

Actually, I feel more sympathy for those who may lose their livelihoods because of the spill. However, the facts remain:

1. BP have NOT YET been found to be responsible.

2. They have already said they could pay for whatever the clean up costs. Currently, they are legally responsible to pay $75million. They have already paid out well in excess of that.

3. They have already stated that they will pay any compensation required.

4. They certainly appear to be trying as hard as they can to stop the leak.

Exactly what else are they supposed to do?

This constant ranting against the company doesn't actually fix jack shit. Over in the UK, they interviewed some guy from La who is starting a campaign to cease all of BP's assets. They actually think the US government can seize the assets of a multi-national privately owned company.... That's communism.

Cali G....have you been paying attention to the grillinng the heads of BP, TransOcean and Haliburton have been getting? Have you listened to their answers? I have never heard more of a blame game in my life. NONE of these assholes has any intention of paying for ANYTHING. This will all end up in the court systems for decades. It's the American corporate way!

No, I haven't actually watched but it's hardly surprising since they don't actually know exactly what happened so it stands to reason that they don't know who's responsible.

Fascinating that everyone is baying for BP's blood and refusing to acknowledge the FACTS.

They are pretending to try things they know wont work because they dont know how to clean this mess.

Its your policies that created this mess so shut the fuck up and open your damned wallet

How much of a fucking idiot are you? Serious question - scale of 1 - 10, 1 being intelligent and 10 being brain dead - I'd put you between 8.5 and 9.

Not surprisingly, the rightwing herd has slowly but surely managed en masse to align itself in defense of big oil on this one. Nice work, Limbaugh.

Let's be clear. Are you saying that oil companies should not be held liable for the damages they cause because they'll simply pass the cost on to us?

Should we apply that principle to all corporations?

Not surprisingly, the rightwing herd has slowly but surely managed en masse to align itself in defense of big oil on this one. Nice work, Limbaugh.

And, time and again, the left want to 'blame' before they have the evidence required to make an informed decision.

Less fucking ranting, more fucking critical thinking required by the left.

Did I hear yesterday or earlier this week, that Congress is going to change the law on how much in damages a company must pay for a spill like this? After the Exxon Valdez spill it was a certain amount and how Congress wants that amount rised to $10b.

It also appeared that they expected this to be retroactive to this spill. How can you change a law after the fact and apply it to that party?

Did I hear yesterday or earlier this week, that Congress is going to change the law on how much in damages a company must pay for a spill like this? After the Exxon Valdez spill it was a certain amount and how Congress wants that amount rised to $10b.

It also appeared that they expected this to be retroactive to this spill. How can you change a law after the fact and apply it to that party?

I guess that depends on how dearly they value that document that we refer to as the US Constitution. Evidence suggests that they don't value it much at all.

I guess that depends on how dearly they value that document that we refer to as the US Constitution. Evidence suggests that they don't value it much at all.

That is why I questioned the report. If true, that is my conclusion as well.

(AP) The White House is pushing to lift the limit on how much BP pays for the Gulf Coast oil spill.

Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday the administration wants to work with Congress to change a law that caps at $75 million BP's liability for economic damages like lost wages or dwindling tourist dollars.

BP PLC is responsible for all cleanup costs under the Oil Pollution Act, but Gibbs said that other costs could easily top $75 million.

Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez is co-sponsoring a measure that would raise the liability limit to $10 billion. Menendez also wants it to be made retroactive so it can apply to the huge spill that began after an oil rig exploded in the Gulf on April 20.

Gibbs said the administration supported Menendez's attempts to raise the limit retroactively.

White House: Lift Liability Cap for Gulf Spill - CBS News

Oh look, I didn't make it up. 0bama, the Constitutional law genius, wants to do just that. Impeach him! He is not standing up for the Constitution he is sworn to protect.

That is a typical lib response... Go off on some foul mouthed lecture instead of talking about this like a normal human being... bravo truth.... You are a disgrace... I'm glad you are not representing us conservatives.

So I guess you don't drive a car or ever take a plane somewhere or use any energy that comes from oil... That explains a lot... Thanks!

Last edited:

Right now BP is in a circle jerk with Halliburton and Transocean over who's at fault.

None of them have any intention of paying to clean up this mess.

Right now BP is in a circle jerk with Halliburton and Transocean over who's at fault.

None of them have any intention of paying to clean up this mess.

What would be downright unAmerican would be to force an innocent party to take responsibility. Of course they are going to argue the toss over who's at fault.... it would be stupid to accept responsibility until they have the evidence to support it.

Personally, I am not at all surprised they are all trying to duck it but, simply put, BP are actually trying to stop it and are actually trying to clean up. Whether they have to sue one of the other companies to get their money back - should they be found to be not at fault - then that's what they will do.

I just see no reason to condemn them as solely responsible WITHOUT EVIDENCE. Now, I am in the process of getting timelines on the decision making process of the drilling in the Gulf. Once I have that, I will know which Administration bears responsibility for the spill. Because, despite the rush to blame BP, our own Government have fucked up on this too. But, before I hang the Obama Administration, I want to know who did what and when. That's how you make an informed opinion. You get FACTS.

Forum List

Back