Obama to focus on the economy. What?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Obama to press Congress to act on economy

So after his first two years where he had a filibuster proof majority and rammed through the stimulus, Dodd Frank and other bills he swore would gt the economy going, after months and months of assuring us he would focus on jobs jobs jobs, now Obama wants to blame Congress for lack of movement.
The man is nothing if not transparent and audacious. And of course his "program" will consist of infrastructure spending, new programs throwing money at job training, and more handouts to constituent groups.
This administration ist he biggest waste of DNA in history.

No, you represent the biggest waste of DNA in history, Rabid.

However, considering that President Obama was handed an economy that was in freefall, with the Second Great Republican Depression waiting at the bottom, I would say that the President has done a remarkable job. The market is at an alltime high, jobs are coming back, and the outlook is as good as it has been in many years. All of this, in spite of the efforts of the GOP to crash the economy.

No, you represent the biggest waste of DNA in history, Rabid.

However, considering that President Obama was handed an economy that was in freefall, with the Second Great Republican Depression waiting at the bottom, I would say that the President has done a remarkable job. The market is at an alltime high, jobs are coming back, and the outlook is as good as it has been in many years. All of this, in spite of the efforts of the GOP to crash the economy.

Let's see:
Worst recovery on record
First downgrade of US debt in history
Record numbers on food stamps
Record numbers on disability.
Labor force participation rates down to where they were in the ealry 1980s.
Highest debt to GDP since WW2.
Biggest expansion of welfare state since Johnson.

Yes, a total failure. The old "We were headed for Depression 2" is unproved and wrong. Obama inherited a recovery. If he really did such a great job why is he chiming in now with programs to improve the economy five years later?

No fiat currency has ever lasted. Collapse is not a matter of if but a matter of when. I couldn't give 10 shits about how the stupid stock market is doing. Only mental dwarfs concern themselves with such things.

Last edited:
Obama to focus on the economy

Again?

holy shit, we are totally fucked.

$1.80 for a gallon of gas kinda sucked and was Boooshes fault, but now it's $3.70 a gal, and it's magically not the HNIC's fault for "focusing on the economy".

There's just not enough good paying jobs out there that are enough to cover my bills, so I have to drive. If obama devalues the dollar even more

damn, fuck you liberals.

What a silly bunch of liars you fellows are. The GOP created this crash, and you wimpy ass bastards act as if 2008 never happened.

Yes, an anemic recovery compared to the minor recessions prior to this. But compared to the First Great Republican Depression, a very remarkable recovery.

Ah well, 6Nov12 demonstrated that you could not sell the lie to the majority of the American Voters. And if the recovery continues, we will see all your posts of the past few years predicting economic Armageddon thrown back in your faces in 2016. As soon as 2014 in many places. And then there are your remarkably precient predictions prior to 6Nov12. LOL

Again?

$1.80 for a gallon of gas kinda sucked and was Boooshes fault, but now it's $3.70 a gal, and it's magically not the HNIC's fault for "focusing on the economy".

There's just not enough good paying jobs out there that are enough to cover my bills, so I have to drive. If obama devalues the dollar even more

damn, fuck you liberals.

Egad, what a dumb fuck you truly are. And obviously born yesterday. There was a time during "W"s Presidency that it was higher than at present. And he had no more to do with that than the present President has to do with todays prices. The price for petroleum is determined by what the consumer, be he Mexican, Canadian, Chinese, Japanese, or American will pay.

And our refinery capacity is just fine, as refined petroleum products, primarily gasoline and diesel, are a major export of the US.

Under obama food has doubled in cost, gas has doubled in cost, and my power bill has almot doulbed in cost. Thanks, but my pay stayes the same. Hope and change sucks.

Again?

damn, fuck you liberals.

Oh, boo hoo. Cry your eyes out.

Why don't you get an education and stand up on your own two feet, instead of expecting a handout? You Conservatives are all the same, always whining that there are no jobs out there as you lay on your worn out couch in the single wide, too damned lazy to clear the beer cans from out of the yard.

We have several jobs open where I work, that pay up to 150K a year. We can hardly find qualified people to fill them. Root, hog, or die, fella. Them that can, do. They don't lay around an whine and blame others for their laziness.

There is no point arguing with a blue state bastard from a state whose residents can't even pump their own gas. I'd send him another Obama phone if he'd shut up.

So after his first two years where he had a filibuster proof majority and rammed through the stimulus, Dodd Frank and other bills he swore would gt the economy going, after months and months of assuring us he would focus on jobs jobs jobs, now Obama wants to blame Congress for lack of movement.
The man is nothing if not transparent and audacious. And of course his "program" will consist of infrastructure spending, new programs throwing money at job training, and more handouts to constituent groups.

Only took 5 years to say he'll focus on the economy. It's probably just more words since talking is his specialty. If he focuses on the economy the same way he focused on health care reform, it means more taxes and more oppressive laws.

Seriously, the best thing he can do for the economy is repeal Obamacare. We need jobs.

Under obama food has doubled in cost, gas has doubled in cost, and my power bill has almot doulbed in cost. Thanks, but my pay stayes the same. Hope and change sucks.

My pay has gone up. Of course, it was merit raises.

4 of the last 5 years, cracked 100K. Won't do that this year. Doing mostly straight 40's since I am also doing 9 credits at Portland State University per quarter. That will reduce things to below 90K.

You see, I also saw a stagnent situation with regard to pay where I was working at about 15 years ago. So I changed industries, and increased my pay. In a fluid economy, one has to be flexible.

Only took 5 years to say he'll focus on the economy. It's probably just more words since talking is his specialty. If he focuses on the economy the same way he focused on health care reform, it means more taxes and more oppressive laws.

Seriously, the best thing he can do for the economy is repeal Obamacare. We need jobs.

Well of course. That is the ticket. What will this make, the 37th or 38th useless and meaningless votes?

The ACA is here to stay until replaced by a Universal Single Payer System. Like MediCare and Social Security, once people see how it can help them, it will become a permanent fixture until replaced by a better Single Payer System.

Need a job? Many industries are crying for electricians and millwrights. There are about 5 million unfilled high paying jobs out there right now. But they require education and training.

What a silly bunch of liars you fellows are. The GOP created this crash, and you wimpy ass bastards act as if 2008 never happened.

Yes, an anemic recovery compared to the minor recessions prior to this. But compared to the First Great Republican Depression, a very remarkable recovery.

Ah well, 6Nov12 demonstrated that you could not sell the lie to the majority of the American Voters. And if the recovery continues, we will see all your posts of the past few years predicting economic Armageddon thrown back in your faces in 2016. As soon as 2014 in many places. And then there are your remarkably precient predictions prior to 6Nov12. LOL
Helpful advice:

If Dear Leader gets on the PA and calls all the faithful to the pavilion for a special assembly, don't go. :lol:

Forum List

Back