Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

I don't know whose idea it is. I think it's a damn good idea. Way to go. Freeze the shit out of it. They made too much more than the private sector to begin with.

The two-year pay freeze for civilian federal employees will save $2 billion during the rest of the current fiscal year and almost $30 billion over the next five years, the White House said Monday.

First Read - Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

What was the GOP plan to cut costs again? Oh that's right, they don't have one....

Did you read the story or just the headline?

from YOUR link;

A pay freeze for the federal workforce was one of the proposals named by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America" released before the midterm elections. The authors of that document suggested imposing a "net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees" that would "ensure that the public sector no longer grows at the expense of the private sector."

In other words, you fucking idiot, Obama is doing what Republicans tell him too.

Muhaha muther fucker.

Echo Echo Echo Echo

:lol:

The two-year pay freeze for civilian federal employees will save $2 billion during the rest of the current fiscal year and almost $30 billion over the next five years, the White House said Monday.

All I can say is WTF!?!? I've been working as a State employee for the last 6 years now and for the last 3 yrs. we've been on a pay freeze... Damn, I knew I should have held out for that Federal position...

TSA is hiring, good pension plan and approval to unionize. The new American dream.

Eh, screw that! Not trying to spend the rest of my work life groping poor airline passengers...

What was the GOP plan to cut costs again? Oh that's right, they don't have one....

from YOUR link;

A pay freeze for the federal workforce was one of the proposals named by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America" released before the midterm elections. The authors of that document suggested imposing a "net hiring freeze on non-security federal employees" that would "ensure that the public sector no longer grows at the expense of the private sector."

In other words, you fucking idiot, Obama is doing what Republicans tell him too.

Muhaha muther fucker.

Nice post, only a coward calls someone a mother fucker from the safety of their keyboard. Early in my career I was called that an worse from the cage in the back seat of a patrol car -from 'citizens' just like you.

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

Nice post, only a coward calls someone a mother fucker from the safety of their keyboard. Early in my career I was called that an worse from the cage in the back seat of a patrol car -from 'citizens' just like you.

THOSE "citizens" are commonly referred to as Tea Partiers, these days...

So, WHAT is the GOP plan, again?

Your not joking? You really did not read your own link?

Dude
:clap2:

He read the title of the story. That's all he needed to know b/c he could assume the rest.

doods dumb as dirt.

He needs to cut those multi million dollar taxpayer backed pensions that are underfunded due to failed investments. I had large retirement account losses & tax payers are not backing mine. These assholes while retired are making more than the people working & paying taxes to support them. This modern day slavery must end.

So, WHAT is the GOP plan, again?

Your not joking? You really did not read your own link?

Dude
:clap2:

He read the title of the story. That's all he needed to know b/c he could assume the rest.

doods dumb as dirt.

Right?

It was your own link VaYank. "Where are the Republican ideas?" LOL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEhDZN0RFjw&feature=rec-exp_fresh+div-1f-46-HM[/ame]

Hell, the chairmen of Obama's own commission wanted a 3 year freeze. I guess the big unfreeze will be needed a little closer to election time in 2012.

Citing deficit, Obama freezing federal worker pay - Yahoo! News

The chairmen of Obama's bipartisan deficit commission proposed a three-year freeze in pay for most federal employees as part of its plan to reduce the nation's growing deficit. The commission's final report is due to be released later this week.

Look at the spin in both directions from the extreme-right of this site. Some of them say this freeze does nothing. Other say this freeze is just copying a republican idea. Polar opposite thoughts, yet neither one is applauding this as a good thing.....why, because it was enacted by Obama. Pitiful

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

So....on the one hand....you GOP fans are saying this pay freeze is bullshit and is simply a Democratic ploy to make it seem as if they are doing something about the defecit and spending. Meanwhile, others (Two Thumbs) is saying that this bullshit ploy is a Republican idea....which is it?

Funny how none of them touched this one...

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

So....on the one hand....you GOP fans are saying this pay freeze is bullshit and is simply a Democratic ploy to make it seem as if they are doing something about the defecit and spending. Meanwhile, others (Two Thumbs) is saying that this bullshit ploy is a Republican idea....which is it?

In the story it clearly states that it was a GOP ploy.

I was hoping for cuts, praying for cuts. But I'll take a freeze, it beats nothing, which is what the dnc plan was, cut nothing and spend more.

So it looks like someone got through to obama and they look at the rnc contract with America and started doing what they planned on doing. This way they can claim it was thier idea, even though they have no intention of actually cutting spending.

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

I was hoping for cuts, praying for cuts. But I'll take a freeze, it beats nothing, which is what the dnc plan was, cut nothing and spend more.

So it looks like someone got through to obama and they look at the rnc contract with America and started doing what they planned on doing. This way they can claim it was thier idea, even though they have no intention of actually cutting spending.

So. how long before we start seeing some legislation from the GOP on spending cuts? Their Contract on America was nothing more than talking points and every honoest poster would agree with that assessment. The voters gave control of the House back to the GOP. Where is the legislation? Where are the spending cuts?

Look at the spin in both directions from the extreme-right of this site. Some of them say this freeze does nothing. Other say this freeze is just copying a republican idea. Polar opposite thoughts, yet neither one is applauding this as a good thing.....why, because it was enacted by Obama. Pitiful

I never said it was a bad thing, it's not. I only pointed out that the person who posted the OP is a moron. At best a semi-literate hack.

The pay freeze is a good start, but it's only a first step (along with a hiring freeze in this case) but power to the POTUS for doing anything at all in this line.

It's simple numbers. You can't have more parasites than taxpayers.

So. how long before we start seeing some legislation from the GOP on spending cuts? Their Contract on America was nothing more than talking points and every honoest poster would agree with that assessment. The voters gave control of the House back to the GOP. Where is the legislation? Where are the spending cuts?

Pelosi and the "Dims" are still in charge until January.

(for anyone else I might assume they knew that) :eusa_whistle:

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

Thanks mom, I'll go wash my mouth out with soap.

pfft

So it's ok for someone to LIE, but not ok for someone to call that liar a muther fucker?

From the front page, a post by you;

The far right, as represented here by the proud and loud members of the echo chamber offer the usual platitudes, making them nothing more (and much less) then elected Republicans. Of course no real and practical ideas ever are offered by these dimwits - elected or self appointed,

Oh, that's name calling too. hmm Does that make you a hypocryt, or just another muther fucking liar?

Pelosi and the "Dims" are still in charge until January.

(for anyone else I might assume they knew that) :eusa_whistle:

No shit. And as we ALL know, ANY legislation takes forever to be heard, amended and voted on. So, where is it?

Hope the GOP starts slicing and dicing in the Fed employee ranks.

Hell. They could get rid of half the Fed employees and who the hell would notice they were gone??

Hope the GOP starts slicing and dicing in the Fed employee ranks.

Hell. They could get rid of half the Fed employees and who the hell would notice they were gone??

I have a queestion.....the USPS proposed saving billions every year by cancelling mail delivery service on Saturday. SOME Americans went ape shit. I personally could care less if they only delivered mail twice a week. Who's with me?

from YOUR link;

Muhaha muther fucker.

Funny how none of them touched this one...

So so sorry. I don't hover on one topic waiting for a response. I also have many other things to do.

Forum List

Back