Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

Hope the GOP starts slicing and dicing in the Fed employee ranks.

Hell. They could get rid of half the Fed employees and who the hell would notice they were gone??

I have a queestion.....the USPS proposed saving billions every year by cancelling mail delivery service on Saturday. SOME Americans went ape shit. I personally could care less if they only delivered mail twice a week. Who's with me?

I'm fine with that.

Hell, add Monday through Friday as well. Where is the USPS now? Seven "Brazilian" dollars in debt? sheesh

On edit:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdYGraVg84[/ame]

Last edited:
So....on the one hand....you GOP fans are saying this pay freeze is bullshit and is simply a Democratic ploy to make it seem as if they are doing something about the defecit and spending. Meanwhile, others (Two Thumbs) is saying that this bullshit ploy is a Republican idea....which is it?

In the story it clearly states that it was a GOP ploy.

I was hoping for cuts, praying for cuts. But I'll take a freeze, it beats nothing, which is what the dnc plan was, cut nothing and spend more.

So it looks like someone got through to obama and they look at the rnc contract with America and started doing what they planned on doing. This way they can claim it was thier idea, even though they have no intention of actually cutting spending.

So. how long before we start seeing some legislation from the GOP on spending cuts? Their Contract on America was nothing more than talking points and every honoest poster would agree with that assessment. The voters gave control of the House back to the GOP. Where is the legislation? Where are the spending cuts?

What is todays date?
Has the newly elected Congressmen be seated yet?
Isn't it still the lame duck session?

I think we can wait for things to happen AFTER they are sworn in. Krist, we gave obama at least 2 weeks. Heck, I gave him until after the 2nd spending bill. Once that shit hit the fan, it was over with me.

I did like that he took time to honor Reagans 100th birthday with Nancy.

Hope the GOP starts slicing and dicing in the Fed employee ranks.

Hell. They could get rid of half the Fed employees and who the hell would notice they were gone??

I have a queestion.....the USPS proposed saving billions every year by cancelling mail delivery service on Saturday. SOME Americans went ape shit. I personally could care less if they only delivered mail twice a week. Who's with me?

Hell, I'm with you on that. I only check the mailbox once a week anyway and it's usually full of bills.

It's a nice gesture but way too little way too late. He has added Millions & Millions more Government Workers,so this really wont matter much in the end. It is a nice gesture though. I'll give him that.

So. how long before we start seeing some legislation from the GOP on spending cuts? Their Contract on America was nothing more than talking points and every honoest poster would agree with that assessment. The voters gave control of the House back to the GOP. Where is the legislation? Where are the spending cuts?

Pelosi and the "Dims" are still in charge until January.

(for anyone else I might assume they knew that) :eusa_whistle:

No shit. And as we ALL know, ANY legislation takes forever to be heard, amended and voted on. So, where is it?

People not in office can't propose jack squat.

Where's obamas openness? he actually promised to be the most open ever.

The two-year pay freeze for civilian federal employees will save $2 billion during the rest of the current fiscal year and almost $30 billion over the next five years, the White House said Monday.

First Read - Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

What was the GOP plan to cut costs again? Oh that's right, they don't have one....

What a coincidence.... The country overwhelmingly denounces the Democrats "Change" a couple of weeks ago so Obama changes his philosophy to become more Conservative.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pelosi and the "Dims" are still in charge until January.

(for anyone else I might assume they knew that) :eusa_whistle:

No shit. And as we ALL know, ANY legislation takes forever to be heard, amended and voted on. So, where is it?

And during the back and forth on the healthcare legislation, he failed miserably. Now, beyond that, what beef do you have with him? And where are the GOP plans? If WikiLeaks can get their hands on our most top secret documents, why has the GOP spending cuts list NOT been leaked yet?

I don't know whose idea it is. I think it's a damn good idea. Way to go. Freeze the shit out of it. They made too much more than the private sector to begin with.

Not necessarily, some make more, others less. Of course the jobs titles and responsibilities differ considerably. Consider thesse articles:

Scapegoating Federal Workers | The American Prospect

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...the-federal-government-and-the-private-sector

http://www.npr.org/2010/11/11/131250179/gop-eyes-cutting-federal-bureaucracy-to-save-money

Last edited:

And during the back and forth on the healthcare legislation, he failed miserably. Now, beyond that, what beef do you have with him? And where are the GOP plans? If WikiLeaks can get their hands on our most top secret documents, why has the GOP spending cuts list NOT been leaked yet?

I have a feeling that you will be the last person in the country supporting Obama... :lol::lol::lol: well besides Michelle... You just keep defending him... meanwhile the rest of the country will continue to elect Conservatives.... LOL

Last edited:
I like the idea and I applaud Obama for doing it.

Next step, start cutting entire departments. It is time to get serious about cutting spending.

The USPS needs to be phased out. The only thing I get in snail mail anymore is catalogs anyway....

I couldn't support that.

Most of the elderly get thier mail that way, and many countries rely on it to get letters to and from America.

Like Veterans.

There would still be "snail mail". It would just be delivered by FedEx, DHL, UPS, and whatever other companies form from the buying and selling of the assets of the bankrupt USPS.

Heck, you might have the same mailman just in a different uniform.

The USPS needs to be phased out. The only thing I get in snail mail anymore is catalogs anyway....

I couldn't support that.

Most of the elderly get thier mail that way, and many countries rely on it to get letters to and from America.

Like Veterans.

There would still be "snail mail". It would just be delivered by FedEx, DHL, UPS, and whatever other companies form from the buying and selling of the assets of the bankrupt USPS.

Heck, you might have the same mailman just in a different uniform.

AND....FedEx, UPS, et al would raise the rates to high people would eventually stop using snail mail altogether. It would be a win-win-WIN!

Forum List

Back