Obama stimulus is failed

Dude. Full-Auto. Quit trying to pick a fight with someone you think is your enemy and just have a real conversation. Like a discussion of what your alleged factors are.

This board never fails to amaze me with the amount of people who join just to be douchebags.

How am I supposed to take it when you posed a boxed question?

There is only one intent in that.

No, actually there's not. There's me, expressing what I feel is an either or. You're perfectly free to PROVE that it's not an either-or situation, which I'm willing to listen and/or respond to.

Don't assume my intent. You're gonna do a very poor job at that. The fact that I write short, calculated phrases doesn't mean that I want to cut short the debate. You wanna extend it out with multiple variables and inter-dependent assertions? Knock yourself out. Just be ready to defend them all.

I come here for REAL debate and conversations that ADVANCE....not for the bullshit that 90% of USMB posters do. I dont have a party so I don't care about that crap. I'm left leaning, but I'm a left-leaning CENTRIST. There are lots of conservative ideas that I can get behind. I don't come here to say "Libtards/Repugs can't handle facts! You suck" Maybe you get off on that, but it's schoolyard shit...and a waste of time.

As for you, Rabbi. Cite to some authority for temporary spending cuts being "proven losers" or get the fuck out. I respect people who can do that...instead of repeating the same shit over and over and think they're baking a cake.

By the way...Full-Auto proved you wrong about the "no Repubs voted for the stimulus" shit you posted. Failure again by you.

Fair enough.

I didnt post no repubs voted for it. I said three. There you go making up shit. 11 dems voted against. And here you want serious debate. Under what terms?

I come here for REAL debate and conversations that ADVANCE....not for the bullshit that 90% of USMB posters do. I dont have a party so I don't care about that crap. I'm left leaning, but I'm a left-leaning CENTRIST. There are lots of conservative ideas that I can get behind. I don't come here to say "Libtards/Repugs can't handle facts! You suck" Maybe you get off on that, but it's schoolyard shit...and a waste of time.

With all due respect, Vanquish, it all depends on where you view the center.

You are significantly to the left of the vast majority of America. Yes, you are slightly to the right of Obama, Reid and Holder. Does that actually make you a "centrist," or just a somewhat more moderate leftist?

The ideas you promote are not of the center, they are solidly to the left. It's good that you are more pragmatic then Obama, but that doesn't alter that economically you fall solidly in the leftmost quadrant of ideas.

Government spending is now 46.85% of GDP & growing. In 2000 it was only 36.14% of GDP. We are now just 3% away from being a government controlled economy. That is the level we spiked to during WWII at the end of the great depression. Now government just remains at depression era spending levels & the economy is tanking.

Democrats scream that government has been cut to the bone over the last 20 years since Regan but the fact is government spending as percent of GDP rose under Regan, Bush & Bush. It only fell under Clinton.

usgs_line.php

Obama's Director of the White House National Economic Council & Clinton's Secretary of the Treasury Lawrence Summers at 22:00 in video
"If Hitler had not come along, Franklin Roosevelt would have left office in the beginning of 1941 with an unemployment rate in excess of 15% and an economic recovery strategy that had basically failed."

No, actually there's not. There's me, expressing what I feel is an either or. You're perfectly free to PROVE that it's not an either-or situation, which I'm willing to listen and/or respond to.

Don't assume my intent. You're gonna do a very poor job at that. The fact that I write short, calculated phrases doesn't mean that I want to cut short the debate. You wanna extend it out with multiple variables and inter-dependent assertions? Knock yourself out. Just be ready to defend them all.

As for you, Rabbi. Cite to some authority for temporary spending cuts being "proven losers" or get the fuck out. I respect people who can do that...instead of repeating the same shit over and over and think they're baking a cake.

By the way...Full-Auto proved you wrong about the "no Repubs voted for the stimulus" shit you posted. Failure again by you.

Fair enough.

I didnt post no repubs voted for it. I said three. There you go making up shit. 11 dems voted against. And here you want serious debate. Under what terms?

Here we go again.

Scroll back and RE READ the exchange between Rabbi and myself. I guess my fault is that I keep assuming that you read the ENTIRE context of the conversations I'm having in the same fucking thread.

1. I said that Republicans voted for the Stimulus.
2. RABBI RABBI RABBI tried to say that was false.
3. You proved it wasn't false.
4. I made fun of Rabbi.

See what happens when you read shit IN CONTEXT? You keep hoping that I'm attacking you and assuming that I'm attacking you so your reading comprehension goes to fucking pot. I'm here to have an honest, educated conversation, not to dick around with fuckers who just want to throwup on other people the perceive to be their enemy.

Read the fucking thread man.

With all due respect, Vanquish, it all depends on where you view the center.

You are significantly to the left of the vast majority of America. Yes, you are slightly to the right of Obama, Reid and Holder. Does that actually make you a "centrist," or just a somewhat more moderate leftist?

The ideas you promote are not of the center, they are solidly to the left. It's good that you are more pragmatic then Obama, but that doesn't alter that economically you fall solidly in the leftmost quadrant of ideas.

I'm anti-abortion. That's right of center.
I'm a hardliner on immigration. That's right of center.
I'm for a strong defense of 2nd Amendment rights, even of assault rifles and heavier guns.
I'm for a VAST cutting of the budget in critical entitlement areas. That's right of center.
I'm for term limits for fuck's sake. That's right of center.
I'm for common sense when it comes to terrorist threats against the United States (selective racial profiling). That's right of center.

The fact that a few people have labeled me one way and it's caught on doesn't make it right.

Youve proven it yourself, jackoff. The stimulus failed. The stimulus contained targeted temporary tax breaks. Therefore such tax breaks dont work. If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Not one Republican in the House voted for the ARRA. Three did in teh Senate, but that included Arlen Sphincter, who jumped parties right after that, and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, who are basically Democrats.

Good job, fucktard. You've actually typed your own confession. Nice of you to do so for me.
Glad you can agree that temporary tax cuts (even if by temporary you mean cuts that last the greater part of a decade) don't work. When you prove that permanent (very few things in government taxes are permanent) ones work better, perhaps I'll be for it. Doubtful, since experience is bearing out that even with tax cuts, economic uncertainty is STILL going to stop businesses from spending money on people - but knock yourself out.

I'll be honest. I expect your usual failure.

Obama stimulus and jobs bills basically ended last year, along with the recovery. Maybe Odama COULD do the job if little nazi Pubs hadn't paralyzed the government since Scott Brown was elected in 11/2009...duh...

Perhaps.

I don't know if social issues really fit the left/right paradigm.

I'm for a VAST cutting of the budget in critical entitlement areas. That's right of center.

Yes, that is. Yet during the debt debate, you appeared to be fairly hardline in favor of tax increases.

I don't agree. Limiting the choice of representation to people is authoritarian - ie left, in nature.

I'm for common sense when it comes to terrorist threats against the United States (selective racial profiling). That's right of center.

Again, I don't know that this is a "left/right" question.

I dont care where an item is made. I do care that I am getting decent value for my money. If an American company can provide that, great. If not, I'm buying something foreign.
Most people feel that way. And that's fine.

Were you born this dumb or did you have to work at it? :eusa_eh: :clap2: WTF do you think you are that you speak for "most people"? :eusa_hand: Gawd but you're an idiot :eusa_wall:

The Rabbi is the reason jobs are being outsourced. I don't "look for the cheapest item on the shelf" when I buy things.

I dont care where an item is made. I do care that I am getting decent value for my money. If an American company can provide that, great. If not, I'm buying something foreign.
Most people feel that way. And that's fine.

Were you born this dumb or did you have to work at it? :eusa_eh: :clap2: WTF do you think you are that you speak for "most people"? :eusa_hand: Gawd but you're an idiot :eusa_wall:

So, do you go off in search of the most expensive products you can find?

People want cheap products... and cheap products they get.

Perhaps.

I don't know if social issues really fit the left/right paradigm.

Yes, that is. Yet during the debt debate, you appeared to be fairly hardline in favor of tax increases.

I don't agree. Limiting the choice of representation to people is authoritarian - ie left, in nature.

Again, I don't know that this is a "left/right" question.

Let the cherry-picking begin. I'll assume that you really do mean what you say and aren't trying to pigeonhole me.

1. Of course issues regarding VALUES are right/left issues. Each side has their own values platform an

I'll agree with you that values issues might be of less important to voters in the last, oh say, 2 years, but you'll still find legislators campaigning on them, espousing them at rallies, and chanting about them on the floors of Congress.

Of course a pro-life stance is a right of center belief. Don't be obtuse. It's a no-brainer. (Which makes me question your intellectual honesty, but I said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt.)

2. Being in favor of SOME selected tax increases still leaves the opportunity for tax CUTS in other places. Yes, you'd have to make sure that the net effect is a CUT. We're talking about complex machinery here. It's not as simple as CUT EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING MUST GO!!! OUR PRICES ARE INSAAAAANNNNEEE! The budget requires more finesse.

3. Term Limits are liberal??? What planet are you on. Look at who's usually in favor of them - BY FAR it's conservatives. And the whole "liberal = government control" is bullshit too. Remember the 60s? Anti-government, dude. Fuck the man. Fuck the FBI. That kind of stuff? (I'm sure you're going to readjust what you mean by liberal, but that won't be a good enough defense) Remember Bush and Cheney who basically shredded the Constitution when it came to wiretapping? (And Obama hasn't done dick all about it, btw) No...it's conservatives who want to control liberals, I'd argue. Control bodies (no drugs). Control morality (no homosexual marriage) Control personal liberties (the wiretapping thing)

Regardless, it's conservatives who want term limits. Again. What planet are you on??

4. Immigration - Ok, working this through...I can tell you don't want to have a real conversation. Liberals are all about helping the poor illegals stay even though they've broken the law. Conservatives want america without all them damn free-loadin' foreigners!

Morality issues ARE right/left. If you only see things from a fiscal point of view, you've got blinders on as to the way politics works. Holy hell.

The Rabbi is the reason jobs are being outsourced. I don't "look for the cheapest item on the shelf" when I buy things.

No, that isn't the reason, dickwad.
The reason is that some items are more efficiently made overseas than here. Thus they can price the item lower to the consumer, benefitting the consumer. Given union wage rates, government taxes on corporations (the highest in the world), and loads of regulations that change regularly, the cost to produce the same item here would be prohibitive.
Get rid of strangling regulations and taxes and you will see more things produced here.

Youve proven it yourself, jackoff. The stimulus failed. The stimulus contained targeted temporary tax breaks. Therefore such tax breaks dont work. If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Not one Republican in the House voted for the ARRA. Three did in teh Senate, but that included Arlen Sphincter, who jumped parties right after that, and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, who are basically Democrats.

Good job, fucktard. You've actually typed your own confession. Nice of you to do so for me.
Glad you can agree that temporary tax cuts (even if by temporary you mean cuts that last the greater part of a decade) don't work. When you prove that permanent (very few things in government taxes are permanent) ones work better, perhaps I'll be for it. Doubtful, since experience is bearing out that even with tax cuts, economic uncertainty is STILL going to stop businesses from spending money on people - but knock yourself out.

Well, I'm getting somewhere. At least you acknowledge that temporary tax cuts dont work.
Now, you wouldn't call 10 years temporary, would you? Five years? Nope, probably not. two years? Yeah, that's about right.
And two years is pretty much what Obama's failed programs have provided.

But you didnt address the "targeted" aspect, probably because you are too stupid to know what that means, "counselor."

Well, I'm getting somewhere. At least you acknowledge that temporary tax cuts dont work.
Now, you wouldn't call 10 years temporary, would you? Five years? Nope, probably not. two years? Yeah, that's about right.

But you didnt address the "targeted" aspect, probably because you are too stupid to know what that means, "counselor."

I've never fought the fact that tax cuts, including the kind you are laser-locked onto, don't work. You can count that as a win, but you'd be wrong. Meanwhile you've just bent over and admitted something that conservates don't want to acknowledge - tax cuts don't work. Nice job trying to flip the script, but it didn't work. Tres pathetique.

What a selective memory YOU have. Add to Obama's time what Bush did. That's right. The Bush tax cuts which have been in place for how long before Obama came into office? (I'll wait while you choke on your keyboard). Then add to that the 1997 tax cuts passed while Clinton was in office. That takes us back even further.

I don't know how someone can suck as much as you do and not eventually not choke. You're pathetic.

I've never fought the fact that tax cuts, including the kind you are laser-locked onto, don't work. You can count that as a win, but you'd be wrong. Meanwhile you've just bent over and admitted something that conservates don't want to acknowledge - tax cuts don't work. Nice job trying to flip the script, but it didn't work. Tres pathetique.

What a selective memory YOU have. Add to Obama's time what Bush did. That's right. The Bush tax cuts which have been in place for how long before Obama came into office? (I'll wait while you choke on your keyboard). Then add to that the 1997 tax cuts passed while Clinton was in office. That takes us back even further.

I don't know how someone can suck as much as you do and not eventually not choke. You're pathetic.

Arrogant, stupid, and misinformed. What a combo you are.
You admitted that targeted temporary tax cuts do not work. I've been saying that from the beginning. You are the one who think that can be applied to all tax cuts everywhere. I thought I was able to get your tiny mind around the idea that not all tax cuts are the same. I guess I failed on that attempt.
Clinton raised taxes in 1998, moron.

The Bush tax cuts produced 6 years worth of growing GDP and unemployment below 6%. The Reagan tax cuts produced about a decade and a half of prosperity. The Kennedy tax cuts produced about 8 years of prosperity. The Coolidge tax cuts kept the country from experiencing a recession after WWI.
The Obama "tax cuts" have produced the worst recovery on record, record high deficits, and high unemployment with little job creation.
See the difference? Probably not

Every one inside the belt way needs to be replaced and soon. They have created a cash cow to pay themselves and the people who help get them reelected. They all have to go and send Bernake with them.

You admitted that targeted temporary tax cuts do not work. I've been saying that from the beginning. You are the one who think that can be applied to all tax cuts everywhere. I thought I was able to get your tiny mind around the idea that not all tax cuts are the same. I guess I failed on that attempt.

The Bush tax cuts produced 6 years worth of growing GDP and unemployment below 6%. The Reagan tax cuts produced about a decade and a half of prosperity. The Kennedy tax cuts produced about 8 years of prosperity. The Coolidge tax cuts kept the country from experiencing a recession after WWI.
The Obama "tax cuts" have produced the worst recovery on record, record high deficits, and high unemployment with little job creation.

Yeah, so I guess your conservative counterparts at the Heritage Foundation, who wrote a whole article about how the Clinton Tax Cuts caused the prosperity afterward are just totally stupid then.

LMFAO. I wish we had your suckage around when we're cleaning the septic tank at the farm. It'd make the job easier.

Yeah, so I guess your conservative counterparts at the Heritage Foundation, who wrote a whole article about how the Clinton Tax Cuts caused the prosperity afterward are just totally stupid then.

LMFAO. I wish we had your suckage around when we're cleaning the septic tank at the farm. It'd make the job easier.

Translation: I am out of things to obfuscate and pretend about.

As always, I have pwned you. You have screwed up 10 ways from Sunday. Please consider that before you post in a thread again.

Forum List

Back