Obama stimulus is failed

If the stimulus failed, then we have definitive proof that TAX CUTS DONT STIMULATE THE ECONOMY! 40% of the stimulus was a tax cut.

That's for that perspective.

If the stimulus failed, then we have definitive proof that TAX CUTS DONT STIMULATE THE ECONOMY! 40% of the stimulus was a tax cut.

That's for that perspective.

You're such an idiot it's a wonder you come back and post, "counselor."

The "tax cuts" in the stimulus were temporary targeted tax cuts. Those never stimulate anything except deficits. In fact, the cut in the payroll tax was so ineffective two GOP senators want it repealed.

So the GOP members who fought for it to get in there were wrong? Wow, I never thought you'd admit that, Rab. That's mighty nice of you.

The magic word temporary doesn't absolve you though. If something has an effect lasting multiple years, it might be temporary, but there's still an effect. Of course, though, when faced with the idea that you might be wrong, you don't say, "well that didn't work!"..instead like a gambler at the table you DOUBLE DOWN and say you didn't do it enough.

If you're going to insult me...try and do a better job. Yours lack any ooomph!

So the GOP members who fought for it to get in there were wrong? Wow, I never thought you'd admit that, Rab. That's mighty nice of you.

The magic word temporary doesn't absolve you though. If something has an effect lasting multiple years, it might be temporary, but there's still an effect. Of course, though, when faced with the idea that you might be wrong, you don't say, "well that didn't work!"..instead like a gambler at the table you DOUBLE DOWN and say you didn't do it enough.

If you're going to insult me...try and do a better job. Yours lack any ooomph!

Which Republicans voted for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which contained those cuts?
Hint: None.

You are now in spin mode where you try to defend your statement, which is indefensible because it is not true.
You lose again, "counselor."

I've never lost to you. Not even once.

Good job evading that flimsy "only temporary" argument. I'd evade such pathetic drivel too if I'd written it. But then I wouldn't have thought of something as stupid as that, much less type it.

Good job evading that flimsy "only temporary" argument. I'd evade such pathetic drivel too if I'd written it. But then I wouldn't have thought of something as stupid as that, much less type it.

3 repubs in the entirety of the two bodies voted for it.

11 democrats voted against.

What were you trying to prove?

The fact that any of them did was only tangential to the point, though if you listen to Rabbi, he thinks he's won (even when he's not correct) by merely misremembering the facts. Fail.

The point was that many conservatives advocate tax cuts as the be-all / end-all of fiscal stimulation; however, the stimulus package was 40% tax cuts, which conservatives say is a failure.

So either the stimulus worked, at least in part....or tax cuts were a failure. Which is it? You can't have both. Pick one and defend it. I'll respect someone more if they'll just do that.

The fact that any of them did was only tangential to the point, though if you listen to Rabbi, he thinks he's won (even when he's not correct) by merely misremembering the facts. Fail.

The point was that many conservatives advocate tax cuts as the be-all / end-all of fiscal stimulation; however, the stimulus package was 40% tax cuts, which conservatives say is a failure.

So either the stimulus worked, at least in part....or tax cuts were a failure. Which is it? You can't have both. Pick one and defend it. I'll respect someone more if they'll just do that.

I dont believe thats true. The stimulus failed by Obamas own words. I linked several links earlier in the thread. Anyone that lives by sound bites or tries to limit the argument to just the tax cut factor is a complete joke. You must consider F'ing over investors, the promise of thousands of regulations and shutting down a variety of businesses.

I never said that my entire assessment of the stimulus was based on any one factor, now did I? Let's stick to what I actually said. In fact, I've never said that the stimulus was successful or a failure. (It's pretty funny that you'd take Obama's word as fact when he's making a concession, but I doubt you'd take his word on other notions you don't agree with.)

I simply stated that it's hypocritical to say that the stimulus failed AND say that tax cuts work.

Last edited:
I never said that my entire assessment of the stimulus was based on any one factor, now did I? Let's stick to what I actually said. In fact, I've never said that the stimulus was successful or a failure. (It's pretty funny that you'd take Obama's word as fact when he's making a concession, but I doubt you'd take his word on other notions you don't agree with.)

I simply stated that it's hypocritical to say that the stimulus failed AND say that tax cuts work.

Yawn!

So you're asking me directly my opinion of whether the stimulus was successful? I'm perfectly willing to answer that, but let's not sidestep the point I made.

It's hypocritical to say it failed if it was comprised largely of tax cuts. You're agreeing with that?
(Hint: your answer gets me to respond to your question)

You lose every single time. Like now.
The stimulus is proof that temporary targeted tax cuts don't work. That's it. There are other tax cuts that do work, and there is plenty of historic evidence to back that up.

You are a pathetic ignoramus masquerading as a sentient being.

So you're asking me directly my opinion of whether the stimulus was successful? I'm perfectly willing to answer that, but let's not sidestep the point I made.

It's hypocritical to say it failed if it was comprised largely of tax cuts. You're agreeing with that?
(Hint: your answer gets me to respond to your question)

The stimulus failed, By the white houses own metrics. You keep wanting to make this a bumper sticker slogan debate.

The tax cuts didnt have the effect needed due to other factors. LETS IGNORE THOSE SO YOU CAN MAKE AN OBSCURE POINT.

Dude. Full-Auto. Quit trying to pick a fight with someone you think is your enemy and just have a real conversation. Like a discussion of what your alleged factors are.

This board never fails to amaze me with the amount of people who join just to be douchebags.

Dude. Full-Auto. Quit trying to pick a fight with someone you think is your enemy and just have a real conversation. Like a discussion of what your alleged factors are.

This board never fails to amaze me with the amount of people who join just to be douchebags.

It's imposible to have a real conversation with someone as dishonest and uninformed as you.
The stimulus failed, even by the standards established by the administration.
The stimulus contained temporary targeted tax cuts, which are proven losers.
Therefore the failure of the stimulus is not evidence of the performance of tax cuts in general.
And you lose.

Once again job numbers are out. The results are dismal. We now have 9.1% unemployment, not counting those who have given up. Economists expected job creation to be 160k. We got just 54k. Manufacturing lost jobs for the first time in 7 months.
This isn't a recovery. IN a recovery jobs are stable, overtime increases, temporary work increases and then permanent employment increases. We are seeing continued job losses.
So the promise of Obama's stimulus to add however many jobs to the economy is a lie. It is a total failure.
Yet.....he'll be re-elected....right before the Bush tax-cuts END....and, YOU...CAN'T...HANDLE IT!!!

:razz:

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

How am I supposed to take it when you posed a boxed question?

There is only one intent in that.

No, actually there's not. There's me, expressing what I feel is an either or. You're perfectly free to PROVE that it's not an either-or situation, which I'm willing to listen and/or respond to.

Don't assume my intent. You're gonna do a very poor job at that. The fact that I write short, calculated phrases doesn't mean that I want to cut short the debate. You wanna extend it out with multiple variables and inter-dependent assertions? Knock yourself out. Just be ready to defend them all.

I come here for REAL debate and conversations that ADVANCE....not for the bullshit that 90% of USMB posters do. I dont have a party so I don't care about that crap. I'm left leaning, but I'm a left-leaning CENTRIST. There are lots of conservative ideas that I can get behind. I don't come here to say "Libtards/Repugs can't handle facts! You suck" Maybe you get off on that, but it's schoolyard shit...and a waste of time.

As for you, Rabbi. Cite to some authority for temporary spending cuts being "proven losers" or get the fuck out. I respect people who can do that...instead of repeating the same shit over and over and think they're baking a cake.

By the way...Full-Auto proved you wrong about the "no Repubs voted for the stimulus" shit you posted. Failure again by you.

No, actually there's not. There's me, expressing what I feel is an either or. You're perfectly free to PROVE that it's not an either-or situation, which I'm willing to listen and/or respond to.

Don't assume my intent. You're gonna do a very poor job at that. The fact that I write short, calculated phrases doesn't mean that I want to cut short the debate. You wanna extend it out with multiple variables and inter-dependent assertions? Knock yourself out. Just be ready to defend them all.

I come here for REAL debate and conversations that ADVANCE....not for the bullshit that 90% of USMB posters do. I dont have a party so I don't care about that crap. I'm left leaning, but I'm a left-leaning CENTRIST. There are lots of conservative ideas that I can get behind. I don't come here to say "Libtards/Repugs can't handle facts! You suck" Maybe you get off on that, but it's schoolyard shit...and a waste of time.

As for you, Rabbi. Cite to some authority for temporary spending cuts being "proven losers" or get the fuck out. I respect people who can do that...instead of repeating the same shit over and over and think they're baking a cake.

By the way...Full-Auto proved you wrong about the "no Repubs voted for the stimulus" shit you posted. Failure again by you.
Youve proven it yourself, jackoff. The stimulus failed. The stimulus contained targeted temporary tax breaks. Therefore such tax breaks dont work. If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Not one Republican in the House voted for the ARRA. Three did in teh Senate, but that included Arlen Sphincter, who jumped parties right after that, and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, who are basically Democrats.

Forum List

Back