John Edwards charged in felony indictment

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
John Edwards charged in felony indictment - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

RALEIGH, N.C. — A federal grand jury has indicted two-time presidential candidate John Edwards over massive sums of money spent to keep his mistress in hiding during the peak of his 2008 campaign for the White House.

The case of USA v. Johnny Reid Edwards contains six counts, including conspiracy, four counts of illegal campaign contributions and one count of false statements. The indictment was returned in the Middle District of North Carolina Friday.

An Edwards spokeswoman said she wasn't aware of the filing and declined immediate comment.

The indictment is the culmination of a federal investigation that lasted more than two years and scoured through virtually every corner of Edwards' political career.

Federal officials have approved criminal charges, deciding that the hundreds of thousands of dollars two Edwards donors gave to help keep his mistress in hiding were contributions that should have been reported publicly by his campaign fund because they aided his bid for the Democratic White House nomination.

Edwards' lawyers have argued that the funds were gifts from friends intended to keep the affair a secret from his wife, Elizabeth, who died of cancer in December.

Aww, shoulda kept it in your pants!! :lol:

Time for some sweet sweet justice. mmmm, like candy. :eusa_drool:

Just think, had Kerry won, this guy would have been one heartbeat away from the Presidency.
It's really a sad story - I felt so bad for his wife for what he did to her. Pathetic. Hopefully he'll get a chance to experience life behind bars.

I bet the trial will be of OJ Simpson "circus" proportions !

I hope he gets everything he deserves.

I really do feel for his kids though, they have been through so much.

Just think, had Kerry won, this guy would have been one heartbeat away from the Presidency.
It's really a sad story - I felt so bad for his wife for what he did to her. Pathetic. Hopefully he'll get a chance to experience life behind bars.

I bet the trial will be of OJ Simpson "circus" proportions !

Everybody loves the circus!

And this time, we got some real clowns!

Forum List

Back