Obama solicitor general: If you don't like mandate, EARN LESS MONEY

The rest of your post is just as ridiculous, but I'll stick with this statement. You're right, there is nothing in the constitution barring nuclear weapons, just like there is nothing barring a health insurance mandate. Thanks for proving my point. How hypocritical can you be?

Any powers not given to congress by the constitution are given to the state. Congress has no authority to mandate health insurance, but states do.

So states are allowed to have nuclear weapons?

Oh that was just STUPID!

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Military powers are included in the Constitution and relegated to the Federal Government.

Now you are just being a trolling ass!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm for the Constitution. Nowhere in that document does it state that the Government can force anyone to buy anything. If they choose not to buy insurance, that's their decision. Let them accept the consequences.

Every country in the world that has a 'single payer' system is collapsing under the weight of it. That's true. Research it. And by research, I mean you need to actually research, not google it and link to an MSNBC article.

Learn to think critically instead of accepting one side as fact and the other as bullshit.

Just like nowhere in the document does it state we should be using nuclear weapons or an air force. Funny how you skipped over that part.

When people don't purchase insurance it's not them that suffers the consequences, it's the rest of us who pay higher rates to cover their care. Are you ignorant to that fact? Or are you of the opinion that if you can't afford care, you shouldn't receive it?

Learn to live in todays world.

I ignore strawmen and bullshit and deal with the topic under discussion. If you can't focus on the topic, find another thread to whine in.

The rest of us should not be paying for other people's bad decisions. Simple. I don't want to pay for smokers, drinkers or drug users. They make their choices, let them pay for them. It's not my business.

So the only people without insurance are smokers, drinkers, and druggies? Is that what you're going with?

Haha, you should have not even replied. That would have been better.

Nice job ignoring my question to you again. You brought up the constitution and NOW it's a strawman argument. How sad are you are that you can't even stick out your own arguments.

Here we go again. You're obviously a "it must explicitly stated it in the constitution" person. Ok, then I assume you are against all nuclear weapons and the air force.

You can call me all the names you want, I know it's what you do. But do you ever step back and think that you're arguing against your own self interests by being against a mandate. If you truly are against freeloaders, you would be in favor of people being required to pay for insurance. But no, you're going to pretend like some sort of freedom is being taken away when in reality you're already paying for other peoples healthcare and you have no say in the matter. THAT would either be extreme short-sightedness or blatant ignorance, I'll let you pick.

I'm for the Constitution. Nowhere in that document does it state that the Government can force anyone to buy anything. If they choose not to buy insurance, that's their decision. Let them accept the consequences.

Every country in the world that has a 'single payer' system is collapsing under the weight of it. That's true. Research it. And by research, I mean you need to actually research, not google it and link to an MSNBC article.

Learn to think critically instead of accepting one side as fact and the other as bullshit.

Just like nowhere in the document does it state we should be using nuclear weapons or an air force. Funny how you skipped over that part.

When people don't purchase insurance it's not them that suffers the consequences, it's the rest of us who pay higher rates to cover their care. Are you ignorant to that fact? Or are you of the opinion that if you can't afford care, you shouldn't receive it?

No where does it bar the president from creating a new military body or the use of any weapon.

Like I said, you are just being a trolling ass now.

Section 2 - Civilian Power overMilitary, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ironically, the Solicitor General is advocating an Ayn Rand "Go Galt" solution.

And guess what? Many have already chosen it. That's a major reason why the economy is not growing.

I'm using your "logic". You said the constitution doesn't bar Nuclear weapons. So, where does the constitution bar health insurance mandates?

No sorry, not even close.

The Powers given to Congress are not in the same part of the Constitution as the Military authority given the President.

That's not my logic, that's your non-logic.

The fact of the matter is, Congress has no such authority to mandate we buy ANYTHING, let alone health insurance, in the Constutiton.

Keep trying.

Sure they do. They have the power to levy taxes as needed. Again, where are nuclear weapons permissible in the constitution, specifically?

How is mandating we buy insurance, a tax?

Because, if you will remember Obama insisted his healthcare was NOT a new tax.

Are you admitting now that it is?

Where are nuclear weapons barred?

TROLL!

No where does it bar the president from creating a new military body or the use of any weapon.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

I did a search on that text and "nuclear" was nowhere to be found. Could you kindly point that out to me. I mean, you all want to say that General Welfare doesn't include ensuring health care for our citizens because it doesn't explicitly state it, right? So where does it explicitly state nuclear weapons? I'll wait...

I get it now, you don't have insurance and are now upset that you will finally have to actually pay for your own healthcare.

BWAHAHAHAAA!

This is what liberals do when they are losing.

They make up something about you and try to put you on the defensive.

The only thing we should be "getting" from the above is that you know you are losing, so you are pulling out that lame tactic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Based on your non-answer I'll assume I hit the nail on the head. Thanks for "mooching"

This is what liberals do when they are losing and a tactic doesn't work. THEY DOUBLE DOWN and try hopes the second time it will work.

Notice, I don't ask any personal questions of you? That's because I don't have to. I have the facts on my side.

Nice try troll!

I did a search on that text and "nuclear" was nowhere to be found. Could you kindly point that out to me. I mean, you all want to say that General Welfare doesn't include ensuring health care for our citizens because it doesn't explicitly state it, right? So where does it explicitly state nuclear weapons? I'll wait...

God you are an idiot.

You have no idea what the Constitution means and was designed to accomplish.

I hope you are too stoned to vote in 2012.

No sorry, not even close.

The Powers given to Congress are not in the same part of the Constitution as the Military authority given the President.

That's not my logic, that's your non-logic.

The fact of the matter is, Congress has no such authority to mandate we buy ANYTHING, let alone health insurance, in the Constutiton.

Keep trying.

Sure they do. They have the power to levy taxes as needed. Again, where are nuclear weapons permissible in the constitution, specifically?

TROLL!

Do you even know how the mandate will operate?

BWAHAHAHAAA!

This is what liberals do when they are losing.

They make up something about you and try to put you on the defensive.

The only thing we should be "getting" from the above is that you know you are losing, so you are pulling out that lame tactic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Based on your non-answer I'll assume I hit the nail on the head. Thanks for "mooching"

This is what liberals do when they are losing and a tactic doesn't work. THEY DOUBLE DOWN and try hopes the second time it will work.

Notice, I don't ask any personal questions of you? That's because I don't have to. I have the facts on my side.

Nice try troll!

Holy crap, I was kidding before to make a point. But you actually don't have health insurance, do you??? The irony is amazing. WOW. :lol:

God you are an idiot.

You have no idea what the Constitution means and was designed to accomplish.

I hope you are too stoned to vote in 2012.

LOL, tell us about your degree since you are a constitutional scholar. In the last thread you were a business expert and in another thread you were a healthcare expert. You must have had a lot of schooling to be such an authority on so many topics. :lol:

Did they teach you how to neg rep in school? You're pretty good at that.

We need to bring manufacturing and industry back if we ever want to be a great country again. That's not going to happen as long as we make it wrong to be successful and wealthy. We now have a guaranteed acceptable lifestyle for everyone in this country whether they ever work a day in their life or not. Why work? Why take a chance to better yourself if life is ok the way it is. If it's not ok the way it is then just tax the wealthy for being so greedy and earning more than their share of the economy. As long as we feel that we are responsible for each other we are doomed to failure. Let the wealthy create jobs, that's what they do. They always want to make more money and to do that they need people working for them making products and energizing the economy. Everyone else "get off your ass and get a job", No one is going to guarantee you have dinner tonight unless you work for it. Let the government provide minimum assistance for the few truly disabled ( not the drug addicted or alcoholic disabled) That need assistance. Get back to supporting your own kids. You don't have the right to have kids you can't support. If you don't support them, or know who the daddy is, you go to prison where you won't have any more kids and you will work to pay for your incarceration. NO MORE FREE RIDE IN AMERICA. God, I wish I were President.

The rest of your post is just as ridiculous, but I'll stick with this statement. You're right, there is nothing in the constitution barring nuclear weapons, just like there is nothing barring a health insurance mandate. Thanks for proving my point. How hypocritical can you be?

Any powers not given to congress by the constitution are given to the state. Congress has no authority to mandate health insurance, but states do.

No, they fall under national defense, which is the jurisdiction of the federal government.

No, they fall under national defense, which is the jurisdiction of the federal government.

Oh ok, got it. So it's assumed is what you're saying?

Just like levying taxes is under the jurisdiction of the fed govt?

TROLL!

The federal government tells you to buy health insurance and provide proof that you are. If you don't provide proof then you will be penalized on your annual tax returns.

That's what the neonuts say about mandated car insurance. " you don't have to drive".

Not me. I think mandating car insurance is just as bad. Always have.

But there's a difference between thinking something is bad policy and thinking it is unconstitutional.
I think MA's health care regime is really bad policy. BUt they have every right to enact it.
I think Obamacare is unconstitutional. As well as being bad policy.

I suppose obama's next argument is that you can avoid the mandate by committing suicide.

TROLL!

The federal government tells you to buy health insurance and provide proof that you are. If you don't provide proof then you will be penalized on your annual tax returns.

Thanks. I was trying to force her to read up a bit. You let her off easy. :tongue:

Forum List

Back