Obama Signs the Hate Crime Bill into Law!

Another 'feel good' thing by the left that has no basis in reality..

Crimes generally are not 'kindness crimes'.. there is an inherent piece of 'hate' in any crime

No different from having different charges for crimes of passion.
Or, for the victim being elderly?

The difference is, the states have these laws. This makes it a federal offense if the victim is in one of the protected classes.
In 2007 (most recent year data is available for), 18.3 percent of victims of hate crimes were targeted due to anti-white bias.
First, you didn't answer the question. The question was "Have there ever been a black charged with a hate crime for attacking whites?" Second, link please to your source.

So, the law has descended into mind reading now?

Isn't pre-meditated murder mind reading then?
Red herring.

The silly "hate crimes" laws make an aggravating factor out of the victim being a member of a protected class of individuals, with no other evidence than that of being a member of that protected class.

No it doesn't. Blacks can be convicted for hate crimes against whites. You had better have evidence if you expect a conviction

Quote: Originally Posted by CrusaderFrank
Have there ever been a black charged with a hate crime for attacking whites?
In 2007 (most recent year data is available for), 18.3 percent of victims of hate crimes were targeted due to anti-white bias.

Last edited:
"Ten years ago this month, Wyoming college student Matthew Shepard was brutally attacked and murdered because he was gay. A year before Matthew's murder, James Byrd. Jr. was kidnapped, beaten, and stripped naked by three white supremacists, who chained him by the ankles to a pickup truck and dragged his body for three miles. These tragedies reawakened American consciousness about hate crime and sparked debate far beyond U.S. borders.

Today, President Obama signed into law the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crime Prevention Act, critical legislation that strengthens existing U.S. laws by extending federal hate crime protection in cases where the victim was targeted because of their sexual orientation, gender, disability, or gender identity. The new law -- which the U.S. Attorney General Holder called a "civil rights issue that is clearly a priority" -- will also permit federal authorities to assist local governments in hate crime investigations and increase their capacity through training programs.

This much-needed step to enhance the government's response to hate crime at home will play an important role in enhancing US leadership on combating hate violence globally. This is already happening.

Paul LeGendre: Obama Signs the Hate Crime Bill into Law! What's Next?

No comment.

What are they going to do to the piece of shit that killed Matthew Shepard ? Will they execute him twice ? Once for murder and once for the hate crime ?

freakin brilliant .........

"Ten years ago this month, Wyoming college student Matthew Shepard was brutally attacked and murdered because he was gay. A year before Matthew's murder, James Byrd. Jr. was kidnapped, beaten, and stripped naked by three white supremacists, who chained him by the ankles to a pickup truck and dragged his body for three miles. These tragedies reawakened American consciousness about hate crime and sparked debate far beyond U.S. borders.

Today, President Obama signed into law the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crime Prevention Act, critical legislation that strengthens existing U.S. laws by extending federal hate crime protection in cases where the victim was targeted because of their sexual orientation, gender, disability, or gender identity. The new law -- which the U.S. Attorney General Holder called a "civil rights issue that is clearly a priority" -- will also permit federal authorities to assist local governments in hate crime investigations and increase their capacity through training programs.

This much-needed step to enhance the government's response to hate crime at home will play an important role in enhancing US leadership on combating hate violence globally. This is already happening.

No comment.

What are they going to do to the piece of shit that killed Matthew Shepard ? Will they execute him twice ? Once for murder and once for the hate crime ?

Actually, if he's charged federally he'll avoid the death penalty and get federal prison time, which is Club Med compared to state..

link said:
For the first time, the law that had previously protected people from attacks motivated by race, religion or ethnicity will include gay, lesbian, transgender and disabled people.

Does this seem to be misstated? I've not heard of any law ever protecting anyone from being attacked for any reason. The law only gives recourse to prosecute and punish someone caught after the attack. Expanding the coverage of hate crime laws does nothing to protect people from attacks. Only ridding the world of hate will do that. Fat chance!

It is a nice gesture to include additional specific groups in laws intended to protect people from hate.

Now that we have included gays, lesbians, transgendered and disabled people under this protective shield, we can really go after the radical Muslims for preaching hatred and violence toward them.:rolleyes:

I see this a symbolic effort to calm the fears of GLBTs. I think it will do nothing in the way of actually protecting them from hatred and the harm caused by it.
wouldnt that also fall under the law as a HATE crime?

Going after someone for committing a hate crime is considered justice. All of the bombings committed by radical Muslims are hate crimes. They hate others simply for the lack of compliance with their demands that all worship with them.

I don't understand why you up-sized "Muslims" rather than "radical Muslims". I do not dislike Muslims. (I have several Muslim friends.) I abhor radical Muslims. I think they and all of their children should all be killed.

There is quite a difference between radical Muslims and peaceful Muslims. The radical group of them is a small percentage of the whole...but they are vocal enough and hateful enough to seemingly give a bad name to all Muslims.

Do not mistake my hatred of radical Muslims as a condemnation of all Muslims. Even my Muslim friends hate the radicals.

Even my Muslim friends hate the radicals.
Of this I have no doubt. However, we never see the general Muslim population as a whole denouncing the extremists. There's no protests, no leaders of the faith coming on talk shows, nothing but silence for the most part.

Speaks volumes?

No comment.

Actually, if he's charged federally he'll avoid the death penalty and get federal prison time, which is Club Med compared to state..

Even better !

Of this I have no doubt. However, we never see the general Muslim population as a whole denouncing the extremists. There's no protests, no leaders of the faith coming on talk shows, nothing but silence for the most part.

Speaks volumes?

The jews control the media.

So you will never hear from moderate muslims.

Because it doesn't fit the zionist agenda :doubt:

Speaks volumes?
This is true...in general. However, I do recall a story not too far back wherein a good Muslim blew the whistle on a bombing plan being developed by the radical side. There are those that call for peace but we just don't hear about it much. Maybe they are afraid to speak out...lest they have their heads sawed off in the name of Allah.

Speaks volumes?
This is true...in general. However, I do recall a story not too far back wherein a good Muslim blew the whistle on a bombing plan being developed by the radical side. There are those that call for peace but we just don't hear about it much. Maybe they are afraid to speak out...lest they have their heads sawed off in the name of Allah.
I understand that. But if there's billions more of the moderates than the extremists, clearly they know they cannot saw ALL their heads off.

I'd like to see a universal denunciation of terrorist violence by Muslim leaders every time it happens. Otherwise it's tacit consent, no matter the reason for it.

Isn't pre-meditated murder mind reading then?
Red herring.

The silly "hate crimes" laws make an aggravating factor out of the victim being a member of a protected class of individuals, with no other evidence than that of being a member of that protected class.

No it doesn't. Blacks can be convicted for hate crimes against whites. You had better have evidence if you expect a conviction

The operative word being "can". Given rampant political correctness, the odds of that happening are on an extremely low order of probability.

Speaks volumes?
I understand that. But if there's billions more of the moderates than the extremists, clearly they know they cannot saw ALL their heads off.

I'd like to see a universal denunciation of terrorist violence by Muslim leaders every time it happens. Otherwise it's tacit consent, no matter the reason for it.
This is true.

Red herring.

The operative word being "can". Given rampant political correctness, the odds of that happening are on an extremely low order of probability.

18.9% are anti white crimes

Uh-huh. You have faithfully regurgitated polkfan's statistic, which he never sourced.

Source?

Speaks volumes?

The jews control the media.

So you will never hear from moderate muslims.

Because it doesn't fit the zionist agenda :doubt:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suppose the "Jews" are keeping the Muslims from protesting in the streets, and issuing declarations of denunciation, posting those on the web, and etc.

Uh-huh. You have faithfully regurgitated polkfan's statistic, which he never sourced.

Source?
Polk and RW'er were wrong on their statistic. It's not 18.9%, from the last stats I can find.

21.3 percent were motivated by
anti-white bias.

Incidents--Hate Crime Statistics, 2006

Edit: Correction - I see 18.6% for 2007. I was wrong. They were right.

Last edited:

Source?
Polk and RW'er were wrong on their statistic. It's not 18.9%, from the last stats I can find.

anti-white bias.

they must have used the 2007 results

Incidents- Hate Crime Statistics, 2007

Source?

anti-white bias.

Thank you for sourcing your material.

These stats talk about what was reported by police, not about arrests, which was the original question, however.

I am hoping polkfan provides some arrest stats.

Forum List

Back