Obama says US prisons tough enough for detainees

That article is incorrect. That isn't a Supermax facility.

Regardless. The Dems caved in to the pressure the GOP put on them. NIMBY. Not In My Back Yard. People don't want "terrorists" in their states? Why? Our prisons can't hold them?

I bet it has to do with Haloburton owning Guantanimo, or something like that. Prison is a multi billion dollar industry.

The law says we don't have to let them go in America if they are not citizens.

How dare us ask other countries to take some of them if we won't take some too.

And what is the GOP solution? Is it to keep Guantanimo open forever? Or until they all die?

What ever happened to the rule of law? Give these people their day in court.

It isn't that the evidence is sensitive, its that we don't have any evidence.

Being anti GOP doesn't mean being pro terrorism. Actually, the GOP are the terrorists.

Should "ad seg" be considered torture? I could see some of them complaining mental anguish after a couple of days of this...

Depends, I have heard it's used more to protect those that go into solitary, but since I have never been there or worked there, I don't know how much of that is true.

We used it for four groups former cops, other correctional officers and government officials that went bad, then for child predators because they would be killed as soon as they were put in Gen Pop, last gang leaders or suspected gang leaders, and then offenders who have had a past of attacking and killing officers.

So its about keeping them safe or everyone else safe

or those that get 115s...the reality is that many times it is used as retrobution, not all about keeping anyone safe

Should "ad seg" be considered torture? I could see some of them complaining mental anguish after a couple of days of this...

Depends, I have heard it's used more to protect those that go into solitary, but since I have never been there or worked there, I don't know how much of that is true.

in california and at the federal level, it has, to this point, been found NOT to violate the constitution

That article is incorrect. That isn't a Supermax facility.

Regardless. The Dems caved in to the pressure the GOP put on them. NIMBY. Not In My Back Yard. People don't want "terrorists" in their states? Why? Our prisons can't hold them?

I bet it has to do with Haloburton owning Guantanimo, or something like that. Prison is a multi billion dollar industry.

And what is the GOP solution? Is it to keep Guantanimo open forever? Or until they all die?

Being anti GOP doesn't mean being pro terrorism. Actually, the GOP are the terrorists.

The GOP pressured the dems??? Now that is hilarious. :lol:
The dems need to get themselves relelected, and if they voted to have the terrorists in their backyard...it might come back to bite them. Nobody wants them...Not Germany, not France, not the US. Barry has tried, and again failed.

At the prison I worked at in Texas it was about the safety of the inmate, and the people working there in the end its always about that because they got investigated by the Federal government for not adhering to the rules for felons in prison. I remember this old guy came in he was 68 I think maybe older first time in jail he molested his 13 month old grand daughter funny thing the inmates knew before I did and he was even there a day yet. They told him he better stay back here because if he goes to Gen Pop he was dead, but we were going to put him in AD Seg anyways.

And until someone attempts to stab or gas you, you will never understand why we kept most of those guys back there.

I dont know worked at a prison for 2 years after seeing some of these guys to be honest most likely the detainees would be in AD SEG anyways. They would get killed in GEN POP.

Maybe that's the whole idea. Would anyone really care if KSM finally met up with Allah by the hands of a few lifers?

If they had to go to jail in Texas they would wish they were back in Cuba, in fact I would use that for any one who would even think about commiting any kind of crime put them in AD-SEG and they better hope the prison doesnt go into lockdown then they are stuck in that small room for 24 hrs a day, I had to do cell searches on them and I about went nuts and the door was open I dont know how someone can stay in there and then willfully do something stupid to go back.

Why even jail them in Texas? Just let them all loose on some lonely back road in their orange suits emblazened GITMO DETAINEE, and I'll bet the pickups will come roaring out of the woods in no time to "accommodate" them.

send some of them to parchman penetintary in mississippi they wouldn't last very long.

Why, are they patriotic?

Aren't a lot of prisoners muslim and anti American themselves?

with as much fighting a killing that goes on there i dont they would like it very much. parchman penetintary is one of the worst state prisons in the country. horrible conditions and theres's killings and stabbings going on constantly.

Once we bring them to the US, they have certain rights and we will be forced to give them trials. I think many of them are being held on general suspicion, without evidence, which is where the whole "releasing terrorist" comes from.

So, the question to ask yourself is, if you are in favor of imprisoning people who can not be proven to have committed a crime, who is the terrorist?

I live in Colorado & had the opportunity to see SUPERMAX in Florence, CO when my son was working on the construction. Toward the final phase of finishing I was invited down to do a little tour--prior to opening.

To let you know--prior to my visit--I was an strong supporter of the death penalty. After my visit to this facility--I had a change of mind.

I no longer agree that the worst punishment possible is death. It's living out the rest of your life in a 9 by 6 foot cell for 23 hours a day--with vitually no human contact. A steel bed with pad, a steel toilet, a steel sink--with what looks to be something of a mirror but is unbreakable. There are no windows to the outside from your cell--there is a slot in the door--where your food is delivered-along with a very small door window you can peek out of to look at the concrete wall in front of you. That's it for the cell.

Your 1 hour a day outside--is by yourself. It consists of walking onto a concrete slab--the size of a small deck 18' x 10' with concrete blocks walls 40 feet high. The only view from here is looking straight up at the sky. You get a shower every 3 to 4 days--lead in handcuffs by two guards & watched constantly. Then immediately lead back to your cell for the other 23 hour routine.

There are no execise rooms or yards for prisoners who are locked up 24/7. There is no playing cards with other inmates--playing baskeball- soccer-baseball, or other activities. It is total 24/7 lockup.

This is SUPERMAX in Florence Colorado We already have Al Queda in this prison--including the mastermind of the 9/11 attack.

However, I was under the impression that the reason GITMO needs to be closed is to "regain" our world-wide "respect"--because so many beleive that torture was done to these detainees at GITMO.

To be honest I could think of nothing worse or more "tortureous" than being sent to SUPERMAX in Florence-- Colorado. I doubt I would be able to keep my sanity for long there.

Last edited:
Once we bring them to the US, they have certain rights and we will be forced to give them trials. I think many of them are being held on general suspicion, without evidence, which is where the whole "releasing terrorist" comes from.

So, the question to ask yourself is, if you are in favor of imprisoning people who can not be proven to have committed a crime, who is the terrorist?

nope, obama said not all will recieve trials

next

another incredibly insightful comment from Bobo the clown....

another incredibly insightful comment from Bobo the clown....

:eusa_eh: You understood that?

administrative segregation....the hole, solitary confinement.....

Aaah, thanks.

i agree with conclusion too, if they come here, i have no doubt they will be confined 23 hours a day to a solitary cell and then 1 hour of solitary recreation in an enclosed 20X10 yard with a fence for a sky....they will long for the gitmo days

They're not going anywhere if they're in any of the mega security prisons. but gitmo gets closed, along with all of the problems its existence created. After all, you don't exactly hear much about Omar Abdel-Rahman and his peeps making a getaway move.

Aaah, thanks.

i agree with conclusion too, if they come here, i have no doubt they will be confined 23 hours a day to a solitary cell and then 1 hour of solitary recreation in an enclosed 20X10 yard with a fence for a sky....they will long for the gitmo days

They're not going anywhere if they're in any of the mega security prisons. but gitmo gets closed, along with all of the problems its existence created. After all, you don't exactly hear much about Omar Abdel-Rahman and his peeps making a getaway move.

:eusa_eh:

never said they were going anywhere....great close gitmo, put them in supermax, they will miss their gitmo days and when AQ finds out their in a supermax, you somehow think that is going to appease them and make them happy and simply forget we are holding their people? seriously....

I hope someone in the administration is going to take this offer seriously. It's a state-of-the-art prison sitting empty in Montana, located in a town where unemployment is the highest in the country, so using it to house half of the Gitmo detainees would be a win-win situation.

Montana Wants Gitmo Detainees » The Republican Temple

It'd even create jobs in this terrible economy!

It is not a maximum security prison, but since building a whole new prison somewhere just for terrorists is one option being bandied about, seems like upgrading the Hardin prison would be cheaper.

Forum List

Back