GITMO & Torture Photos: Left and Right Full-O-Shit

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
One side say we cannot release torture photos because they would be used to recruit more bad guys.

The other side says we should close GITMO because it is used to recruit bad guys.

Each side uses the recruitment of bad guys argument in one instance while belittling it in the other.

Fuck You All!

:eusa_whistle:

One side say we cannot release torture photos because they would be used to recruit more bad guys.

The other side says we should close GITMO because it is used to recruit bad guys.

Each side uses the recruitment of bad guys argument in one instance while belittling it in the other.

Fuck You All!

We do not have to close down Gitmo. We could release the photos. Yes, the idea of doing one or the other or their opposites will help recruit terrorists is B.S.

Why is it being discussed. For Starters, I am getting the impression that Barack is not going to be able to live up to his campaign promises of closing down Gitmo. Also, he finally realized the real problem of putting terror suspects on pure US soil--The US constitution and the ACLU.

If anything, we have finally come to the realization of the problem of freeing potentially dangerous people suspected of committing or planning atrocities on the US population due to their mishandling by our own. For along time, I have presented the arguement that, despite treatment, the freeing of those that are guilty due to an outrage gaurds man/CIA agent is the wrong approach. Only in cases of entrapment can such a method of justice be taking. If they were not entrapped, or there is collarborating evidence present that can be shown to have been found without the Aid of entrapping techniques, then the suspects can be tried in a US court on US soil.

Unfortunately, "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" can be shown to create a coercive element in obtaining intelligence. In fact, it can be shown that you can make a 10 year old confess to starting the holocaust if you give the right people enough time with him and the use of these techniques. Thus the mess that is created by the regime.

Fuck You All!

We do not have to close down Gitmo. We could release the photos. Yes, the idea of doing one or the other or their opposites will help recruit terrorists is B.S.

Why is it being discussed. For Starters, I am getting the impression that Barack is not going to be able to live up to his campaign promises of closing down Gitmo. Also, he finally realized the real problem of putting terror suspects on pure US soil--The US constitution and the ACLU.
Following the US Constitution is usually a problem for wingnuts and moonbats. As far as the ACLU goes, just ask Rush Limbaugh who came to his defense.

The US Government has tried and convicted and sentenced terrorists within it's borders. What is different? :eusa_whistle:

If anything, we have finally come to the realization of the problem of freeing potentially dangerous people suspected of committing or planning atrocities on the US population due to their mishandling by our own. For along time, I have presented the arguement that, despite treatment, the freeing of those that are guilty due to an outrage gaurds man/CIA agent is the wrong approach. Only in cases of entrapment can such a method of justice be taking. If they were not entrapped, or there is collarborating evidence present that can be shown to have been found without the Aid of entrapping techniques, then the suspects can be tried in a US court on US soil.

Unfortunately, "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" can be shown to create a coercive element in obtaining intelligence. In fact, it can be shown that you can make a 10 year old confess to starting the holocaust if you give the right people enough time with him and the use of these techniques. Thus the mess that is created by the regime.

CIA/FBI got the info from the terrorist (who was a big shot)---before the private consultants/contractors came in and used torture that passed for enhanced interrogation techniques. :eek:

According to one guy who has only his say so that he was even there. Clinton appointee George Tenet disagrees. By the way

Only one of them is a legitimate argument.

CIA/FBI got the info from the terrorist (who was a big shot)---before the private consultants/contractors came in and used torture that passed for enhanced interrogation techniques. :eek:
I don't know where you're getting this garbage you just parroted, but here is a news flash for you. NO "private consultants/contractors" did any waterboarding. The CIA did.

And the information obtained from it DID save many lives. And was obtained NO other way.

Wake the fuck up yopu mrorn. Real Americans don't support torture.
:cuckoo:

I don't know where you're getting this garbage you just parroted, but here is a news flash for you. NO "private consultants/contractors" did any waterboarding. The CIA did.

And the information obtained from it DID save many lives. And was obtained NO other way.

Former interrogator Ali Soufan helped question Abu Zubaydah — the first high-value detainee in American custody.

"The interrogation team was a combination between FBI and CIA, and all of us had the same opinion that contradicted with the contractor," said Soufan. "The contractors had to keep requesting authorization to use harsher and harsher methods."

Soufan's written testimony said contractors used nudity, sleep deprivation, loud noise and temperature manipulation against Zubaydah, even before the Justice Department provided legal permission in writing.

Soufan said the contractors did not have any experience in interrogations. They reportedly came from a school where the Army trained American personnel to resist torture.
npr.org

The Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing, the first by Congress on the Bush administration's use of so-called enhanced interrogation techniques, also revealed some new details about how the harsh tactics were authorized and used.

Ali Soufan, a former FBI counter-terrorism agent and interrogator, testified that President George W. Bush and Justice Department lawyers were wrong when they said that waterboarding and other tactics used on one suspect provided key pieces of intelligence about Al Qaeda after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Testifying from behind a screen to protect his identity, Soufan said the techniques, touted by the Bush administration as perhaps its most effective weapon against terrorism, were actually slow, ineffective and unreliable.

He said that he and a CIA agent gleaned much, if not all, of the crucial information from suspected Al Qaeda chieftain Abu Zubaydah before the coercive techniques were initiated, including information on the key role of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed in the Sept. 11 attacks and the plot by alleged dirty bomber Jose Padilla.

Soufan, now a private security consultant, also said that outside contractors working for the CIA were the ones who used the coercive tactics, and that he and the CIA official working with him protested. The use of harsher methods by the contractors backfired, Soufan said, prompting Zubaydah to stop talking.

"I totally disagree with the assertion that there was a conflict between FBI and CIA. They were 100% supportive," Soufan said of the on-site CIA officials. "The chief psychologist objected to these techniques and left the location even before I did."

Asked whether Bush's public comments in 2006 about the effectiveness of the "enhanced" techniques were accurate, Soufan said, "My impression is that the president was told a half-truth."

Another witness, Philip D. Zelikow, who was a legal advisor to then-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, provided new details about what he said were his efforts to aggressively protest the use of the techniques in meetings in the White House situation room and elsewhere.

In each case, he said, he was routinely blocked by more senior administration officials and ordered to destroy a lengthy legal memo in which he outlined his concerns about the "unsound, even unreasonable" legal justifications for the tactics.

Zelikow, now a history professor at the University of Virginia, called the interrogation campaign "an unprecedented program of coolly calculated dehumanizing abuse and physical torment to extract information." It was, he added, "a mistake, perhaps a disastrous one" that should be investigated so the country can learn from it.

latimes.com

We need to promote some of the bad guys to top brass and maybe then they will unleash the wrath of the professional military trying to contain things with their fucking hands tied behind their backs.Ahem, maybe we would win one of these pretend wars...for a change.

Just blow the fuckers off the map, we have the technology.You did it 65 years ago why not now?

Fuck You All!

of course. both parties are 100% full of shit.

people who watch Keith Olbermann think that liberals are not full of shit.

people who listen to Rush Limbaugh think conservatives are not full of shit.

you have to stop watching and listening then you will realize they're ALL full of shit.

unfortunately listening to both is not a solution either. because while both are 100% full of shit they are not 100% opposite so while 50% of shit will cancel out 50% will go through.

the only solution is to throw your TV and Radio out of the window, which i strongly encourage everybody to do.

i have stopped watching TV about two years ago and honestly don't miss it.

i watch HD programs about Cars or Engineering sometimes, sometimes movies in HD ( most recently saw Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda ) but never anything political.

I used to watch Bill Maher back when i was a Liberal then i realized he is a faggot like everybody else. The last pundit i used to watch was Olbermann but when Obama won i stopped watching him as well.

If you must watch something watch Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck. But better yet don't watch anything.

Unplug yourself from the tube - free your mind !

Last edited:

Wake the fuck up yopu mrorn. Real Americans don't support torture.
Sorry MM, according to the professional name callers on the left you're not a REAL AMERICAN, therefor you don't have to pay for any more of this legalized plunder that the left lives on .. CONGRATULATIONS you're my hero ! :tongue:

Fuck You All!

of course. both parties are 100% full of shit.

people who watch Keith Olbermann think that liberals are not full of shit.

people who listen to Rush Limbaugh think conservatives are not full of shit.

you have to stop watching and listening then you will realize they're ALL full of shit.

unfortunately listening to both is not a solution either. because while both are 100% full of shit they are not 100% opposite so while 50% of shit will cancel out 50% will go through.

the only solution is to throw your TV and Radio out of the window, which i strongly encourage everybody to do.

i have stopped watching TV about two years ago and honestly don't miss it.

i watch HD programs about Cars or Engineering sometimes, sometimes movies in HD ( most recently saw Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda ) but never anything political.

I used to watch Bill Maher back when i was a Liberal then i realized he is a faggot like everybody else. The last pundit i used to watch was Olbermann but when Obama won i stopped watching him as well.

If you must watch something watch Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck. But better yet don't watch anything.

Unplug yourself from the tube - free your mind !

thank you. thank you.

I do this periodically and it cleanses my soul as well as my head. the cable fest is as poisonous as any other drug

Forum List

Back