Obama says Manning broke the law

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Feb 6, 2011
Okolona, KY
Granny says, "Dat's right - dey oughta put him an' Assange inna same prison cell an' feed `em scant fare o' bread an' water...
:cool:
Barack Obama on Bradley Manning: 'He broke the law'
4/25/11 - Remark may have run afoul of presidential protocol
President Barack Obama’s assertion at a recent California fundraiser that Bradley Manning “broke the law” may have run afoul of presidential protocol, according to legal analysts who have been tracking the case of the Army private charged in the WikiLeaks case. “I have to abide by certain classified information,” Obama said on a video that quickly began to circulate among media outlets Friday. “If I was to release stuff, information that I’m not authorized to release, I’m breaking the law. … We’re a nation of laws. We don’t individually make our own decisions about how the laws operate. … He broke the law.”

Obama’s remarks Thursday were made after a group of protesters interrupted him with a song pleading for Manning’s release. Obama had completed his speech and was circulating through the room when Logan Price, a 27-year-old activist, said he went up to the president and asked why he hadn’t addressed the concerns of the protesters. “I thought that Bradley Manning was the most important whistleblower of my generation,” Price said in an interview. “I was just disappointed that he didn’t talk about it during his speech.”

Until now, the biggest point of controversy surrounding Manning had been about the conditions under which he was being detained at a marine base in Quantico, Va. Former State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley offered his resignation after criticizing the Defense Department’s treatment of Manning, and Obama’s only comments about the accused whistleblower had been about that issue. “I have actually asked the Pentagon whether or not the procedures that have been taken in terms of his confinement are appropriate and are meeting our basic standards. They assure me that they are,” Obama told reporters at a news conference in March. “I can’t go into details about some of their concerns, but some of this has to do with Private Manning’s safety as well.”

Read more: Barack Obama on Bradley Manning: 'He broke the law' - MJ Lee and Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com

I hate when traitors get picked on

Just to school your as-usual ignorant ass ... it breeches protocol for the President, who is also allegedly your Commander in Chief, to proclaim someone guilty prior to a conviction.

Google is your friend. Might want to go see the left's/media's rreaction when Nixon prematurely pronounced Manson guilty.

But then, he was a Republican. I forgot. Rules only apply to Republican Presidents.:cuckoo:

And you must hate "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" as well.

Manning deserves a fair trial, as would any other citizen.

Just to school your as-usual ignorant ass ... it breeches protocol for the President, who is also allegedly your Commander in Chief, to proclaim someone guilty prior to a conviction.

Google is your friend. Might want to go see the left's/media's rreaction when Nixon prematurely pronounced Manson guilty.

But then, he was a Republican. I forgot. Rules only apply to Republican Presidents.:cuckoo:

How did that work out for Mr Manson?

I was a big fan of Nixon by the way. He would be called liberal today

How did that work out for Mr Manson?

I was a big fan of Nixon by the way. He would be called liberal today

Had the trial been held in today's court system, Manson would have gotten a mistrial. Doesn't change the fact that Nixon breached protocol with his comment, and so has Obama.

As an aside, I find it odd Nixon's name doesn't come up as misspelled but Obama's does. I guess I forgot the "Herr" prefix.

Forum List

Back