Obama says he accepts 'imperfect' spending bill

And when he does, you will just ignore it.

Sorry if he can't reverse 8 years of your sides earmark proclivity in 51 days.
:cuckoo:

oink-fy-2008-earmarks-top-ten-senators

Top Ten Senate Earmark Recipients

Party
State
Solo Earmarks
Solo and With Other Lawmakers

Cochran R
MS
$289,793,000
$837,256,500

Landrieu D
LA
$103,303,050
$469,691,110

Stevens R
AK
$389,043,750
$456,902,750

Bond R
MO
$128,227,400
$454,632,500

Shelby R
AL
$191,099,800
$426,492,200

Inouye D
HI
$229,775,440
$414,327,330

Byrd D
WV
$333,024,438
$407,360,438

Murray D
WA
$141,007,117
$376,489,467

Clinton D
NY
$98,000
$342,403,455

Durbin D
IL
$39,313,300
$335,181,200

http://tomwfox.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/oink-fy-2008-earmarks-top-ten-senators/

I see some of you people are still confused about what an earmark is.

You are convinced that all earmarks must be bad, right?

I am constantly amazed how easily many of you are lead around by the inappropriate use of words.

Of course, in your defence both parties and the media have turned a value nuetral word into some kind of epithet, so it's probably not entirely your fault.

I'll try again for the hard of reading.

An earmark is money directed to a specific project.

It may be a good use of that money or it may be a bad use of that money.

Pork is a word you can to use to describe the wasteful earmarked spending,

Calling it an earmark as though that meant it was necessarily a bad thing is ignorant.

And YES I KNOW Obama did that, too.

And believe me, the next time I see him, I'll give HIM the same lecture I'm giving ya'll, right now.

(and don't you imagine I won't either!)

Last edited:
I see some of you people are still confused about what an earmark is.

You are convinced that all earmarks must be bad, right?

I am constantly amazed how easily many of you are lead around by the inappropriate use of words.

Of course, in your defence both parties and the media have turned a value nuetral word into some kind of epithet, so it's probably not entirely your fault.

I'll try again for the hard of reading.

An earmark is money directed to a specific project.

It may be a good use of that money or it may be a bad use of that money.

Pork is a word you can to use to describe the wasteful earmarked spending,

Calling it an earmark as though that meant it was necessarily a bad thing is ignorant.

And YES I KNOW Obama did that, too.

And believe me, the next time I see him, I'll give HIM the same lecture I'm giving ya'll, right now.

(and don't you imagine I won't either!)

This is all true, but just to add to it. If you get rid of earmarks you don't cut spending in the least, because the money gets spent whether it's earmarked or not. The difference is that our elected representatives get a say as to how the money is spent through earmarks.

I thought Bushbots were bad, Obamabots are even more delusional.

The Boi king has totally ignored his own campaign now, saying that maybe 'someday' he might look into this earmark thingy, and the best answer I see is a 'blame bush' and a list of douchebag republicans.

Bad news, Obama could still have vetoed, GoP earmarks are not.

The Boi King must take responsibilities for his own actions, your deflections don't matter.

What did Obama say about earmarks during the campaign? I could have sworn it was McCain that was always going on about them.

What did Obama say about earmarks during the campaign? I could have sworn it was McCain that was always going on about them.

well, actually, it was mostly Ron Paul's (even though he always voted for them for his own district, but I digress).

No. For one he votes them down, and two he never adopted McCain's ignorant position on earmarks. He knew that earmarks aren't a problem.

well, politifact isn't mentioning it.

PolitiFact | Sorting out the truth in politics

and yes, was mostly McCain's thing.... well, actually, it was mostly Ron Paul's (even though he always voted for them for his own district, but I digress).
Found it on Media Matters. I didn't think he ever claimed to eliminate them...that would just be stupid not to mention somewhat of an abuse of power. Jeesh, don't people remember that Congress is actually an equal partner anymore?

Media Matters - Like O'Reilly, Hannity misrepresented Obama remark to falsely claim he made a "campaign promise" to allow "no earmarks"

figures it was hannity... and then the right jumps up and down and in lockstep repeats the misrepresentation over and over and over and ....

over

at least obama is still supporting trickle down economics.
so he's got that going for him.

"...I think all of us can feel some comfort that the state or municipality that's benefiting is doing so because it's going to trickle down and help the people..."

The White House - Press Office - Remarks by the President on Earmark Reform

:lol:

and yes, was mostly McCain's thing.... well, actually, it was mostly Ron Paul's (even though he always voted for them for his own district, but I digress).
Found it on Media Matters. I didn't think he ever claimed to eliminate them...that would just be stupid not to mention somewhat of an abuse of power. Jeesh, don't people remember that Congress is actually an equal partner anymore?

Media Matters - Like O'Reilly, Hannity misrepresented Obama remark to falsely claim he made a "campaign promise" to allow "no earmarks"

Media Matters??? :lol: And you people talk down Fox News? Do you know anything about Media Matters?

figures it was hannity... and then the right jumps up and down and in lockstep repeats the misrepresentation over and over and over and ....

over

What about your misrepresentation of Ron Paul's views?
I asked Pauli this before but he ignored me. If Ron Paul only puts earmarks into bills he knows are going to fail and he votes against them, who is he really fooling?

Media Matters??? :lol: And you people talk down Fox News? Do you know anything about Media Matters?
I invite you to post the quote that proves Media Matters wrong on this issue.

Forum List

Back