Obama Said "Trayvon Martin Could Have Been My Son"

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted members of the rightwing had a fit. Screaming and claiming that it was racist.

Yet, I've never seen one explanation how. They just claim it, and supposedly that's what it is.

How is Obama, a black man of a certain complexion and stature, wrong for stating that a young man, who looks like a young version of him, could be his son...how is that a racist statement?

Explain how this was such a racist thing that RIPPED the entire fabric of good American racial relations.

Clearly a question posed to conservatives.

Self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted members of the rightwing had a fit. Screaming and claiming that it was racist.

Yet, I've never seen one explanation how. They just claim it, and supposedly that's what it is.

How is Obama, a black man of a certain complexion and stature, wrong for stating that a young man, who looks like a young version of him, could be his son...how is that a racist statement?

Explain how this was such a racist thing that RIPPED the entire fabric of good American racial relations.

I wasn't screaming.
It made sense to me Thugs breed thugs.

I would have hoped Obama would have had higher expectations of any son he might have had than a thug like Trayvon.

It isn't racist. Its just foolish

He automatically assumed Trayvon was a victim. He took a side because of race. That is racist
Who told you that is the case? How did you come to that conclusion?

The only way Obama could have had ANY children would have to be through invitro fertilization.

It isn't racist. Its just foolish
This is not what self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted rightwingers, right here on USMB, including the racist MOD says. They cite this as one of the 3, cause that's the only number of things they could find to say Obama was a "racial divider.", things that Obama divided the country on.

So either you aren't conservative/Republican/rightwing or you need to clear the message w/the rest of the group.

Because anything that Former President Obama said made them go into foaming hissy fits.

He automatically assumed Trayvon was a victim. He took a side because of race. That is racist
Who told you that is the case? How did you come to that conclusion?

One can infer from his tone and words that he took a side. You took a side too, before all the information was out. That makes you prejudice as well.

Being shot by a Barney Fife wannabe kinds really sorta does make Trayvon the victim.
He was shot while attempting to murder George, jackass. George Zimmerman was the victim. Martin was a thug who was shot dead while in the commission of a violent felony.

Being shot by a Barney Fife wannabe kinds really sorta does make Trayvon the victim.
No, being black made Trayvon a victim. Nothing else. Exactly as Obama became president.
No. Being shot made Trayvon a victim. Being elected made Obama president. Just as your attitude makes you a racist asshole. It's really quite simple.

Obama said a lot of things that were incendiary, stupid, wrong and outright criminal; that was one of his incendiary remarks

Forum List

Back