Obama Said "Trayvon Martin Could Have Been My Son"

It isn't racist. Its just foolish
This is not what self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted rightwingers, right here on USMB, including the racist MOD says. They cite this as one of the 3, cause that's the only number of things they could find to say Obama was a "racial divider.", things that Obama divided the country on.

So either you aren't conservative/Republican/rightwing or you need to clear the message w/the rest of the group.
I am a conservative. the mainstream conservatives think this way. The looney fringe of both sides are the ones that get the attention and distort what is true. I really don't need to clear the message with anybody just as you don't need to clear your message with the uhinged portion of your group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who told you that is the case? How did you come to that conclusion?

One can infer from his tone and words that he took a side. You took a side too, before all the information was out. That makes you prejudice as well.
Ohhhh, it was an INFERENCE...I see.

What ELSE has thine crystal ball revealed to thee, oh great and mighty Svengali?

crystal-ball.jpg

Whatever happened to the tired conservative trope "We can never know what's in a man's heart?"

Certainly when it comes to Trump, and/or any person who says or does something terrible that has an "R" before his name.

He automatically assumed Trayvon was a victim. He took a side because of race. That is racist
Being shot by a Barney Fife wannabe kinds really sorta does make Trayvon the victim.
He was shot while attempting to murder George, jackass.

Zimmerman murdered him.
Actually ... no, he was acquitted.

And he should of been found guilty. Also I'm aware of the verdict and it was a travesty.

Self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted members of the rightwing had a fit. Screaming and claiming that it was racist.

Yet, I've never seen one explanation how. They just claim it, and supposedly that's what it is.

How is Obama, a black man of a certain complexion and stature, wrong for stating that a young man, who looks like a young version of him, could be his son...how is that a racist statement?

Explain how this was such a racist thing that RIPPED the entire fabric of good American racial relations.

Clearly a question posed to conservatives.

Obama said a lot of things that were incendiary, stupid, wrong and outright criminal; that was one of his incendiary remarks

d3d848ff-cdc7-46d1-8e39-c6dc6f3efe45.jpg

Self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted rightwingers have always claimed that by Obama saying that he was RIPPING the very fabric of good American "race-relations."

Hasn't this been the case? Now that I've put it plainly on the table, and made it clear for all to see, the goalposts has been moved...and it's been deemed "incendiary."

Now according to Webster's dictionary, incendiary means
  • 1 a : a person who commits arson : arsonist
  • b : a substance or weapon (such as a bomb) used to start fires
  • 2 : a person who excites factions, quarrels, or sedition : agitator

What's so incendiary about him reflecting, accurately, on how Trayvon Martin looks likes a son he could have.

Have you considered the family of the deceased? Or is it only a far rightwing perspective that matters in America?

Self-proclaimed Republicans, conservatives and other assorted members of the rightwing had a fit. Screaming and claiming that it was racist.

Yet, I've never seen one explanation how. They just claim it, and supposedly that's what it is.

How is Obama, a black man of a certain complexion and stature, wrong for stating that a young man, who looks like a young version of him, could be his son...how is that a racist statement?

Explain how this was such a racist thing that RIPPED the entire fabric of good American racial relations.

Would he have said it about a Latino, White, or Asian kid?

He automatically assumed Trayvon was a victim. He took a side because of race. That is racist
Being shot by a Barney Fife wannabe kinds really sorta does make Trayvon the victim.

Zimmerman murdered him.
Trayvon messed with the wrong guy and got himself dead.
A hero gunslinger, that was the wrong guy. Zimmerman used unauthorized deadly force. He killed a young Black man and became a hero to idiot bigoted Right Wingers. They envy him because he bagged a "thug", which is the Right Wing political correct term for ni99er.

Zimmerman murdered him.
Could you explain the logical reasoning that you used to come to that conclusion.
I might say that logically, after Zimmerman shot Trayvon most people would conclude Zimmerman murdered him.

Why do the simplest things require explainarion to idiots? Trump is a liar, Zimmerman is a murderer, the Cleveland Browns suck, the sun rises in the east.

Who told you that is the case? How did you come to that conclusion?

One can infer from his tone and words that he took a side. You took a side too, before all the information was out. That makes you prejudice as well.
Ohhhh, it was an INFERENCE...I see.

What ELSE has thine crystal ball revealed to thee, oh great and mighty Svengali?

crystal-ball.jpg

Whatever happened to the tired conservative trope "We can never know what's in a man's heart?"

Certainly when it comes to Trump, and/or any person who says or does something terrible that has an "R" before his name.

Whatever bro

Zimmerman murdered him.
Actually ... no, he was acquitted.

And he should of been found guilty. Also I'm aware of the verdict and it was a travesty.
In your opinion. However the evidence of the case, and the details of what happened contradict your opinion.

Zimmerman murdered him.
Could you explain the logical reasoning that you used to come to that conclusion.
There is no logic.

explain how if you disagree with something Obama wanted to do,you get called a "racist"?.........

In saying "Trayvon could have been my son," Soetoro was claiming - with no evidence whatsoever - that the only reason Trayvon was killed was because he was "Black." Hence, it PRESUMED that the gunman was a homicidal racist, MERELY BECAUSE HE HAPPENED TO BE "WHITE."

That, my dear, is racism on a platter.

Forum List

Back