Obama Pushes for National Sales Tax

As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-Tax Health Benefits (the very thing he mocked McCain for proposing)

-National tax on alcohol

-National tax on sugar products/foods using sugar

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

Let me make this perfectly clear. The Federal Reserve just stole $9 trillion dollars from us in the last 8 months. Practically doubling the debt in less than one year.

If you don't think that's going to raise your taxes, then you are a fucking moron.

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

This move by the Federal Reserve alone is going to raise your taxes and lower the value of your dollar. We are FUCKED because of this.

But none of you seem to care. You're too busy playing politics. Sooo easily distracted.

Try again, bozo. A LOT of us have been protesting Obama's spending all along, to include his bailouts and takeover of private corporations; which, YOU support.

So shut the fuck up, hypocrite.

Great question. If you watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo, he'll point out that every US President since Hoover knows that these bankers own American and pull our politicians strings.

Yes. I'm saying there is only so much Obama can do if the American people remain clueless.

But you can support this and maybe we can take the country back:

H.R. 1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

If Obama says this on his own, it would be political suicide. But if he has the support of Congress???

Look at all the sponsors:

Even they aren't willing to go as far as I am by saying what I am saying. BUT, they are willing to take control back so the Fed can't just do whatever they want whenever they want.

You are diverting from Obama's apparent complicity in this. Obama just EXPANDED the Fed's power - greatly expanded it.

So I ask you again - is Obama complicit in this Fed conspiracy of yours?

Yes, he is.

Do you think the $750 tarp funds were necessary? Do you think the $9 trillion they just gave out was a bank robbery or do you think the Fed did that to save the economy?

Because if you think it was a bank robbery, please let me hear you say it loud and proud. And let me see the rest of you say it too. I'll agree.

But if only one or two of you will admit it, then fuck you all. Obama isn't going to commit political suicide. Hell, it might even be literal suicide. I hear Kennedy tried to take on the Feds.

Obama has no choice but to work with the Federal Reserve. But I must admit, giving them greater power? WOW! I just emailed him asking what the fuck that was all about.

Right now, Obama is working under the premise that the Federal Reserve is a good organization that is working with the government for the good of the country.

How many of you have bought into the idea that the Federal Reserve is owned/run by private bankers that own our country? I think so. Do you? Most American's don't understand or don't agree with me on this. So if I were Obama, I wouldn't stick my neck out either.

But yes, I am perplexed and frustrated with that news.
Ahhh....The eeeeeevviiiillll BOOOOOOOSH!!! was a crook and Barry Obolshevik is merely a naïve babe in the woods, who only wants what's best for everyone.

Goddam, are you a gullible sap!

A tax on sugar products and foods using sugar? Anyone ever read a food label? Most foods on the store shelves have some form of sugar in them, which means that most foods will be taxed.

Uncle says smokes are bad for you, tax 'em, sugar is bad for you, tax it, booze is bad for you, tax it. Some pattern, huh? Health care tax, national tax, don't forget the cap 'n trade tax that will surely affect every person. Willow Tree joked about a C02 tax on people. Doesn't seem like such a joke to me.

People need to wake the hell up and see what this guy and this administration is doing. Sinatra, you're not being an alarmist in the least.

Thank you.

Nearly every day we are seeing something new and intrusive being proposed by this Obama White House it is really starting to cause me legitimate concern.

I have gone from simply disagreeing with many of Obama's political views to a growing belief he is going to damage the direction of this country to such a degree we many never fully recover - and there seems to be too few in Congress or the national media willing to strongly challenge Obama on any of this.

I used to chuckle a bit at the real Obama alarmists who were foretelling of all kinds of doom and gloom for our country if he was to become president.

I'm not laughing anymore...

You should have started worrying about the direction the country was headed 8 fucking years ago. Too late now. Now taxes have to be raised in a bad economy. We should have raised them when things were good. And we should have spent all that Iraq money in America.

Healthcare is out of control: As a percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), health care spending is expected to reach 17.7 percent in 2012

Manufacturing is gone.

Wages are down.

Unemployment is up

People are further in debt

College costs are too high

All these things were a problem last year guys.

As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

Let me make this perfectly clear. The Federal Reserve just stole $9 trillion dollars from us in the last 8 months. Practically doubling the debt in less than one year.

If you don't think that's going to raise your taxes, then you are a fucking moron.

This move by the Federal Reserve alone is going to raise your taxes and lower the value of your dollar. We are FUCKED because of this.

But none of you seem to care. You're too busy playing politics. Sooo easily distracted.

Try again, bozo. A LOT of us have been protesting Obama's spending all along, to include his bailouts and takeover of private corporations; which, YOU support.

Exactly!

You are diverting from Obama's apparent complicity in this. Obama just EXPANDED the Fed's power - greatly expanded it.

Yes, he is.

Do you think the $750 tarp funds were necessary? Do you think the $9 trillion they just gave out was a bank robbery or do you think the Fed did that to save the economy?

Because if you think it was a bank robbery, please let me hear you say it loud and proud. And let me see the rest of you say it too. I'll agree.

But if only one or two of you will admit it, then fuck you all. Obama isn't going to commit political suicide. Hell, it might even be literal suicide. I hear Kennedy tried to take on the Feds.

Obama has no choice but to work with the Federal Reserve. But I must admit, giving them greater power? WOW! I just emailed him asking what the fuck that was all about.

Right now, Obama is working under the premise that the Federal Reserve is a good organization that is working with the government for the good of the country.

How many of you have bought into the idea that the Federal Reserve is owned/run by private bankers that own our country? I think so. Do you? Most American's don't understand or don't agree with me on this. So if I were Obama, I wouldn't stick my neck out either.

But yes, I am perplexed and frustrated with that news.
Ahhh....The eeeeeevviiiillll BOOOOOOOSH!!! was a crook and Barry Obolshevik is merely a naïve babe in the woods, who only wants what's best for everyone.

Goddam, are you a gullible sap!

The GOP did nothing to help the middle class and everything to help the rich. Can you deny that? Profits were up and wages went down.

Political Affairs Magazine - Workers' Wages Down, Corporate Profits Up

Now we are in a shitty economy. Huge difference.

Obama is closing loopholes that the richest Americans use to avoid paying taxes. So he clearly is showing that in some ways he is better than Bush.

But not enough, I will admit.

But I/We won't sit around for 4 years and defend him. I've already emailed him asking why the fuck he would give the feds more power.

PS. Why do you think Obama is talking about raising taxes? Seems to me Bush should have but didn't, and Obama is doing the responsible thing, no matter how unpopular. And it is very unpopular.

Do I know how all this is going to play out? No. But you defended the GOP the last 8 years as they put us in this situation.

Deny it cum guzzler.

A tax on sugar products and foods using sugar? Anyone ever read a food label? Most foods on the store shelves have some form of sugar in them, which means that most foods will be taxed.

Uncle says smokes are bad for you, tax 'em, sugar is bad for you, tax it, booze is bad for you, tax it. Some pattern, huh? Health care tax, national tax, don't forget the cap 'n trade tax that will surely affect every person. Willow Tree joked about a C02 tax on people. Doesn't seem like such a joke to me.

People need to wake the hell up and see what this guy and this administration is doing. Sinatra, you're not being an alarmist in the least.

Thank you.

Nearly every day we are seeing something new and intrusive being proposed by this Obama White House it is really starting to cause me legitimate concern.

I have gone from simply disagreeing with many of Obama's political views to a growing belief he is going to damage the direction of this country to such a degree we many never fully recover - and there seems to be too few in Congress or the national media willing to strongly challenge Obama on any of this.

I used to chuckle a bit at the real Obama alarmists who were foretelling of all kinds of doom and gloom for our country if he was to become president.

You should have started worrying about the direction the country was headed 8 fucking years ago. Too late now. Now taxes have to be raised in a bad economy. We should have raised them when things were good. And we should have spent all that Iraq money in America.

Healthcare is out of control: As a percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), health care spending is expected to reach 17.7 percent in 2012

Manufacturing is gone.

Wages are down.

Unemployment is up

Can you make your point without the juvenile profanity please?

I was concerned with this country for far longer than 8 years - and my family paid the ultimate sacrifice during that time as well, so consider your words prior to spouting them, ok?

What I so strongly disagree with is this president's solutions to these and other problems. What may have been wrong during the last eight years - appears to be heading to a place far-far worse...

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

What about the $9 trillion the Fed spent late last year? I haven't seen you one one thread talking about ending the Federal Reserve.

By the way, I just got an email back from Obama:

Due to the extremely large number of email messages we're currently receiving, we may be unable to respond to your message individually, but we do appreciate hearing from you and hope you'll work with us as we build America's future together.

People like you across the country built the biggest, most comprehensive campaign in American history, but electing President Obama was just the first step. With your support and involvement, we can sustain and even grow our grassroots movement to help enact the change our country so desperately needs.

:lol:

Thank you.

Manufacturing is gone.

Wages are down.

Unemployment is up

Can you make your point without the juvenile profanity please?

I was concerned with this country for far longer than 8 years - and my family paid the ultimate sacrifice during that time as well, so consider your words prior to spouting them, ok?

What I so strongly disagree with is this president's solutions to these and other problems. What may have been wrong during the last eight years - appears to be heading to a place far-far worse...

Why, is healthcare costs going up? Are more jobs going overseas? Are wages going even lower? Are home values and 401K's going to take another major hit?

Or are you crying because your taxes are going to be raised. They should have anyways. If you supported the Iraq war, then you support higher taxes.

The GOP did nothing to help the middle class and everything to help the rich. Can you deny that? Profits were up and wages went down.

Political Affairs Magazine - Workers' Wages Down, Corporate Profits Up

Now we are in a shitty economy. Huge difference.

Obama is closing loopholes that the richest Americans use to avoid paying taxes. So he clearly is showing that in some ways he is better than Bush.

But not enough, I will admit.

But I/We won't sit around for 4 years and defend him. I've already emailed him asking why the fuck he would give the feds more power.

PS. Why do you think Obama is talking about raising taxes? Seems to me Bush should have but didn't, and Obama is doing the responsible thing, no matter how unpopular. And it is very unpopular.

Do I know how all this is going to play out? No. But you defended the GOP the last 8 years as they put us in this situation.

Deny it cum guzzler.
Why not just post "I am a shamelessly partisan sap for the DNC" over and over and over again.

It'll save you a lot of keystrokes.

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Hmmm, none of these are progressive taxes.

-National tax on alcohol

-National Sales Tax

WTF??????

Hmmm, none of these are progressive taxes.
Nor are they apportioned.

But you could put what Barry Obungler and his Stalinist congressional glee club know about lawful direct federal taxation onto the cover of a matchbook.

If one steps back and looks at everything being proposed by this White House, how can any sane mind support this kind of governmental madness?

$1.5 trillion estimated to go for ObamaCare.

Add this to the $trillion-plus in non stimulative stimulus, auto bailouts, Tarp, etc.

Obama now wishes to tax people on their health benefits.

Obama now wishes to eliminate the tax deduction for private Health Benefit Accounts.

Obama wishes a national sales tax, as well as taxes on sugar(fat tax) and alcohol (can't believe I voted for Obama tax)

Obama has doubled the deficit, and will easily increase the national debt to over $12TRILLION.

Obama wishes to increase taxes on the nation's producers - the very people and companies that create the greatest number of potential jobs.

Obama is raising taxes on EVERYONE -and his policies will be most damaging economically to the middle and below middle class Americans.

This is getting very-very-very troubling...

Duck and divert, typical lefty fag tactic .....

And it appears that in his attempt to divert away from Obama by attacking the Fed, he is actually implicating Obama, who just today declared new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed - a "private" entity with governmental regulatory powers. It's like Fannie and Freddie multiplied by 100...

Fannie & Freddie controlled the Federal Reserve? Shows how little you know about any of this. Newsflash: Even some Republicans favor a single regulatory power for financial institutions so it won't be so easy for a half-dozen separate ones to throw up their hands and say "Who was in charge? Not me, not me, not me..." like they did this last time.

Duck and divert, typical lefty fag tactic .....

And it appears that in his attempt to divert away from Obama by attacking the Fed, he is actually implicating Obama, who just today declared new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed - a "private" entity with governmental regulatory powers. It's like Fannie and Freddie multiplied by 100...

Fannie & Freddie controlled the Federal Reserve? Shows how little you know about any of this. Newsflash: Even some Republicans favor a single regulatory power for financial institutions so it won't be so easy for a half-dozen separate ones to throw up their hands and say "Who was in charge? Not me, not me, not me..." like they did this last time.

Where do you get that?

The point being Bobo was cyring about the Fed - and then when it was pointed out Obama just today announced new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed I attempted to determine if Bobo was willing to accuse Obama of wrondoing since he so clearly fears the power of the Fed -which he ultimately did, in Bobo's roundabout partisan way...

And yes, the Fed is far more powerful than Fannie and Freddie - and each have become extensions of the federal government.

But thanks for playing.

Now I suggest you turn your attention to the new slew of taxes Obama is proposing...

SALES TAX... HELL NO!!! I don't pay sales tax now.

It's time we all push back. Demand our Constitution be restored. Big brother doesn't know better than us!!! You know what's right for you and your family. They don't.

I am actually shocked at Obama's willingness to come right out and advocate for a new slew of taxes that will impact everyone - but most signifcantly below-middle class Americans, about six months from taking his oath of office wherein during the campaign he promised to give almost all Americans a "tax cut".

It is political boldness born of a near total belief that he will not be challenged enough to prevent this from happening.

Ladies and gentelmen - a NATIONAL SALES TAX, on top of new taxes for foods using sugar, on alcohol, on health care benefits....WAKE UP.

This is getting very very serious, and while some of our beloved statist libs in here will decry that we are being alarmist over this, I have to think the majority of you who might have been on the fence regarding Obama, are starting to realize things are spiraling far too quickly away from the basic premise of traditional American government to be comfortable for you.

Take the national tax on sugar for instance. The justification is that sugar causes health problems that the government, when getting into the health coverage business, will have to deal with so, by taxing sugar, the government is directly involving itself in private lifestyle choices - in this case, what you are eating. This would be the first step - what would follow? The kind of recreational activities you choose to do? Shall we tax rock climbing equipment because it is dangerous? Scuba diving? Skiing? Boat racing? How about your sexual preferences? Gay sex? Too dangerous - we need to set up a special gay tax! Don't laugh - once this system is in place, what if we get a hardcore conservative president who, instead of reducing the size and scope of government intervention, perverts their version of conservatism and decides to tax behaviors described as "costly to the American public"? The potential is near limitless...

The era of truly BIG BROTHER GOVERNMENT will most certainly be upon us far more than it already is.

My-oh-my....

Do you have a link where Obama himself proposed all those taxes as options? As far as I know, the Senate Finance Committee is still working out which health plan details (there are three, so far) need to be merged into one bill, with the tax offsets and spending totals figured out after that.

You people seem to believe every opinion, every suggestion, every option you hear about is something already carved in stone. Any fool should know that a health issue as large as this one won't be signed off on for months, and the bottom line cost thereof is still not determined.

As someone suggested to me, GET A GRIP!!!

So why did Obama just increase the regulatory power of the Fed?

Are you saying Obama is in on this Fed powergrab/destruction of America?

Great question. If you watch Freedom to Fascism by Aaron Russo, he'll point out that every US President since Hoover knows that these bankers own American and pull our politicians strings.

Yes. I'm saying there is only so much Obama can do if the American people remain clueless.

If Obama says this on his own, it would be political suicide. But if he has the support of Congress???

Even they aren't willing to go as far as I am by saying what I am saying. BUT, they are willing to take control back so the Fed can't just do whatever they want whenever they want.

Once again, this will REQUIRE CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, this will REQUIRE CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!

That in no way negates Obama's intent.

So the same question can now apply to you as Bobo - do you approve of Obama's direct proposal to increase the Fed's regulatory powers?

Bobo is strongly against it.

What say you?

You're all getting your panties in a wad from what I can see. Try medicating yourselves; we'll wake you when it's over.

Thank you.

Manufacturing is gone.

Wages are down.

Unemployment is up

They don't care about that, are you kidding? The REASONS why spending is necessary does not sink in. They're like the guy who has broken every bone in his body from falling off his roof when he was drunk, only to wake up and yell at the doctors who put him back together and now the asshole won't pay the bill.

Forum List

Back