School and Recession

Tell me in these days of recession should I go Back To School :eusa_whistle:

There isn't enough infor to give a good opinion. But, if your financially secure, and do have the time to do it, you should further your education. As long as your family is supporting you on this journey. It's a complex question that your asking.

A few years ago, I would have said, "Yes", regardless of other opportunities. Not today. Interesting thing, one of my daughter's friends, just started a job for over $ 75k, doing computer graphic arts. No degree and got the job over a few thousand applicants, many of whom were college grads. He was back in school, majoring in history and science-hoping to teach. Saw the notice, applied, and left school. Figures if he needs to, can always return to school.

So I guess it depends on your skills and the area you live in demand for talents?

College degrees in general are losing their value more and more everyday. At the same time, without one, you will likely find it difficult finding any reasonable work. We really should look at alternative schooling, specialized training as an alternative to the four year college. This is beginning to happen in certain areas, but it would be nice to see more of it.

Forum List

Back