Obama Pushes for National Sales Tax

Thank you.

Nearly every day we are seeing something new and intrusive being proposed by this Obama White House it is really starting to cause me legitimate concern.

I have gone from simply disagreeing with many of Obama's political views to a growing belief he is going to damage the direction of this country to such a degree we many never fully recover - and there seems to be too few in Congress or the national media willing to strongly challenge Obama on any of this.

I used to chuckle a bit at the real Obama alarmists who were foretelling of all kinds of doom and gloom for our country if he was to become president.

I'm not laughing anymore...

You should have started worrying about the direction the country was headed 8 fucking years ago. Too late now. Now taxes have to be raised in a bad economy. We should have raised them when things were good. And we should have spent all that Iraq money in America.

Healthcare is out of control: As a percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), health care spending is expected to reach 17.7 percent in 2012

Manufacturing is gone.

Wages are down.

Unemployment is up

People are further in debt

College costs are too high

All these things were a problem last year guys.

Can you make your point without the juvenile profanity please? Dear God, now you're a profanity cop. How about getting on the fratboys in your own camp who can't put together a cohesive sentence without lacing it with obscenities?

I was concerned with this country for far longer than 8 years - and my family paid the ultimate sacrifice during that time as well, so consider your words prior to spouting them, ok?

What I so strongly disagree with is this president's solutions to these and other problems. What may have been wrong during the last eight years - appears to be heading to a place far-far worse...

Doing nothing about the economic crisis, doing nothing about skyrocketing health costs is what will lead us straight into the toilet within the decade. I'll ask the question again for the hundredth time: What are YOUR solutions?

And it appears that in his attempt to divert away from Obama by attacking the Fed, he is actually implicating Obama, who just today declared new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed - a "private" entity with governmental regulatory powers. It's like Fannie and Freddie multiplied by 100...

Fannie & Freddie controlled the Federal Reserve? Shows how little you know about any of this. Newsflash: Even some Republicans favor a single regulatory power for financial institutions so it won't be so easy for a half-dozen separate ones to throw up their hands and say "Who was in charge? Not me, not me, not me..." like they did this last time.

Where do you get that?

The point being Bobo was cyring about the Fed - and then when it was pointed out Obama just today announced new sweeping regulatory powers for the Fed I attempted to determine if Bobo was willing to accuse Obama of wrondoing since he so clearly fears the power of the Fed -which he ultimately did, in Bobo's roundabout partisan way...

And yes, the Fed is far more powerful than Fannie and Freddie - and each have become extensions of the federal government.

But thanks for playing.

Now I suggest you turn your attention to the new slew of taxes Obama is proposing...

I think I'll wait for your link to that. There are a slew of suggestions, but you people attribute them ALL to Obama. It's just not the case.

As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-Tax Health Benefits (the very thing he mocked McCain for proposing)

-National tax on alcohol

-National tax on sugar products/foods using sugar

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

that mofo,, is a liar, he said 95% of us would not see increased taxes!

As part of his proposed health care plan, President Obama unleashed a series of new tax proposals for the American people:

-Tax Health Benefits (the very thing he mocked McCain for proposing)

-National tax on alcohol

-National tax on sugar products/foods using sugar

-National Sales Tax

These taxes are meant to help pay for the 1+ trillion dollar Obamacare plan that estimate project will assist only 16 of the 40 million uninsured Americans.

WTF??????

Let me make this perfectly clear. The Federal Reserve just stole $9 trillion dollars from us in the last 8 months. Practically doubling the debt in less than one year.

If you don't think that's going to raise your taxes, then you are a fucking moron.

One Penny Sheet » Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion video

This move by the Federal Reserve alone is going to raise your taxes and lower the value of your dollar. We are FUCKED because of this.

But none of you seem to care. You're too busy playing politics. Sooo easily distracted.

6 of those on the obamalama watch wtf is he doing? doyathink? :eek::eek:

Good Cavuto clip breaking down the VAT (Value Added Tax - National Sales Tax)
that is being proposed by a Democrat Senate Budget Committee Chair Kent Conrad and already proposed by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emannuel's brother Ezekial Emanuel - who believes the United States should have a 10% national sales tax. Incidentally, E. Emanuel has been hired by White House Budget Chief Peter Orszag as an economic advisor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGy12PK4BHM]YouTube - Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid of the Obama Administrations Scary Trial Balloon[/ame]

The VAT Cat Is Out of the Bag - Larry Kudlow - The Corner on National Review Online

And remember, this significant tax increase will be on top off all the current taxes (which will also be going up) and other proposed new taxes by Obama Inc....

Once again, this will REQUIRE CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!
You mean like the $1 trillion succubus bill did??

What do you think the odds are against the current Stalinist congress not giving Little Lord Barryroy the legislation he wants??

I have no idea, but the current multiplicity of oversight operations sure ain't working, so I expect something will get passed but maybe not in the precise way it was laid out. Why would anyone object to THIS type of thing being managed rather than allowed to run amok?

The Fed's expanded authority and the rest of the new rules would reach into currently unregulated regions of the financial markets such as hedge funds and exotic instruments like credit default swaps.

The plan, laid out in an 88-page white paper, was the result of extensive consultations with members of Congress, regulators and industry groups and represented a compromise from bolder ideas that the administration had examined but ended up abandoning because of heavy opposition.

The regulatory overhaul would eliminate only one agency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, generally considered a weak link among current banking regulators. The beleaguered OTS oversaw the American International Group, whose business insuring exotic securities blew up last fall, prompting a $182 billion federal bailout. OTS also oversaw other high-profile blowups like Countrywide Financial Corp., IndyMac Bank and Washington Mutual Inc.

Obama spells out major financial rules overhaul - Yahoo! News

If one steps back and looks at everything being proposed by this White House, how can any sane mind support this kind of governmental madness?

$1.5 trillion estimated to go for ObamaCare.

Add this to the $trillion-plus in non stimulative stimulus, auto bailouts, Tarp, etc.

Obama now wishes to tax people on their health benefits.

Obama now wishes to eliminate the tax deduction for private Health Benefit Accounts.

Obama wishes a national sales tax, as well as taxes on sugar(fat tax) and alcohol (can't believe I voted for Obama tax)

Obama has doubled the deficit, and will easily increase the national debt to over $12TRILLION.

Obama wishes to increase taxes on the nation's producers - the very people and companies that create the greatest number of potential jobs.

Obama is raising taxes on EVERYONE -and his policies will be most damaging economically to the middle and below middle class Americans.

This is getting very-very-very troubling...

And he hasn't even gotten to the carbon tax to fight "global you buy that shit" warming... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and there's there "global poverty" tax coming round the pike.. :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Once again, this will REQUIRE CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think the odds are against the current Stalinist congress not giving Little Lord Barryroy the legislation he wants??

I have no idea, but the current multiplicity of oversight operations sure ain't working, so I expect something will get passed but maybe not in the precise way it was laid out. Why would anyone object to THIS type of thing being managed rather than allowed to run amok?

The Fed's expanded authority and the rest of the new rules would reach into currently unregulated regions of the financial markets such as hedge funds and exotic instruments like credit default swaps.

The plan, laid out in an 88-page white paper, was the result of extensive consultations with members of Congress, regulators and industry groups and represented a compromise from bolder ideas that the administration had examined but ended up abandoning because of heavy opposition.

The regulatory overhaul would eliminate only one agency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, generally considered a weak link among current banking regulators. The beleaguered OTS oversaw the American International Group, whose business insuring exotic securities blew up last fall, prompting a $182 billion federal bailout. OTS also oversaw other high-profile blowups like Countrywide Financial Corp., IndyMac Bank and Washington Mutual Inc.

IOW, we just gotta do something!!!....This is something, therefore we just gotta do it. :rolleyes:

IOW, we just gotta do something!!!....This is something, therefore we just gotta do it. :rolleyes:

Nah, let's just leave the rotten apples in the barrel. Yeah, that's the ticket.

National Sales Tax?

National Tax on Sugar?

Tax on healthcare benefits?

National Alchohol Tax?

Yes, the breathing tax may not be a joke for much longer...

Hey SEALYBOOB, is that all you do, run around sending people negative reps and calling them foul names, as if you are really making a impact?

Go hug a tree and find some happiness in life.

Your boy Obama really has your ass sore, doesn't he? hahaha

Forum List

Back