Obama Press Conference Review

Obama is trying to land the plane in the river with both engines out, and the Republicans are watching hoping he crashes into a building and kills as many people as possible.

Could you maybe NOT be the second coming of bobo and show a shred of intellectual integrity? The right oppose the bill for many reasons, but hoping Obama fails just to see him fail isn't one of them. Look at the GOD DAMN bill would you and tell me how half that stuff is gonna help the economy. The right opposses bevause not only is it likely to do very little, it has the potential to make things worse.

Another poster was right, congress does not seem to be taking this seriously. This bill is suppossed to be about averting a CRISIS. Instead congress is using it for that very reason to sneak as much unneccessary crap in as they can. I and many others on the right opposse oppose it because if congress is going to pass something this important they damn well better get it right, and they aren't even close.

Last edited:
I agree with your post. More and more lately, he appears frustrated and agitated whenever a reporter asks a tough question. Did he think this job was going to be a walk in the park? As Bush used to say, "its hard work!"

You guys are haters. He was MONEY last night. He's not frustrated. He measures his words before he speaks. And he's not lying, like Bush did. But he doesn't want to say anything that might give the GOP reason to cry, so he's very calculated.

He was most careful when speaking about Iran.

But wasn't it refreshing to have an intelligent President speaking to us? It has been 8 years of Southern Retard leading the country, and finally we have a Statesman leading us.

More and more lately? What a joke. At least he's allowing reporters to ask tough questions. Bush only called on his buddies in the press to toss him softballs.

Oblah blah talks in circles and says a lot of nothing. So, no...he is not refreshing....just full of hot air.

No kidding: Here my husband was, who doesn't pay as much attention to politics as I do even got frustrated. He looked at me, stood up from the couch, threw his hands up in the air said: You've got to be kidding right--over those absolutely nothing to do with the stimulus package. The steriod's on the baseball player sent him out of the room.

Agreed - while Obama's performance was underwhelming, those pre-selected reporters were deplorable.

And the fact Obama has to control the press room environment so much is pointed proof of his uncertainty in his own abilities.

And no follow up questions allowed?

I mean c'mon - this really has to stop.

For God's sake the man is President. The press needs to do its damn job.

i didn't vote for him, but for my kids' sake and the country, i'd like to see him do well. this didn't leave me all warm and fuzzy; no tingle up my leg either.

and the press should be ashamed of themselves as a group, IMO.

The press is never ashamed of themselves. All Presidents need to handle the press core. Obama just got his first taste of how they ask questions. Again, he could have easily side-lined those questions--stating it that this press conferance was strickly about the stimulus bill. He didn't.

Agreed - while Obama's performance was underwhelming, those pre-selected reporters were deplorable.

And the fact Obama has to control the press room environment so much is pointed proof of his uncertainty in his own abilities.

And no follow up questions allowed?

I mean c'mon - this really has to stop.

For God's sake the man is President. The press needs to do its damn job.

I believe that there were millions of Americans watching this press conferance that were just as frustrated as we were with those absolutely nothing to do with the stimulus bill. Imagine, how the person who just lost their job felt about those frivilous questions.

Obama blew it there. He could have taken charge of those questions, sidelined the ones that had nothing to do with this stimulus bill. Instead, he spent precious minutes answering them. In fact, it would be interesting to know exactly how much time he spent answering those questions. It certainly wasn't the place or time for that. BTW--his press secretary could have easily answered those questions, during his daily briefing.

One of the talking political analysts on the TV said "This was a speech, with carefully crafted and placed questions designed to make it look like a press conference." I think I agree with at assessment.

I heard that too,that it was actually a staged speech. And that we would be seeing a lot more of them.

Obama is trying to land the plane in the river with both engines out, and the Republicans are watching hoping he crashes into a building and kills as many people as possible.

Could you maybe NOT be the second coming of bobo and show a shred of intellectual integrity? The right oppose the bill for many reasons, but hoping Obama fails just to see him fail isn't one of them. Look at the GOD DAMN bill would you and tell me how half that stuff is gonna help the economy. The right opposses bevause not only is it likely to do very little, it has the potential to make things worse.

Another poster was right, congress does not seem to be taking this seriously. This bill is suppossed to be about averting a CRISIS. Instead congress is using it for that very reason to sneak as much unneccessary crap in as they can. I and many others on the right opposse oppose it because if congress is going to pass something this important they damn well better get it right, and they aren't even close.

DITTO--they aren't even taking the time to get it close. You know, one would think after the "sky was falling rush" they were in over the other bail-outs & seeing that they did not work, they would spend time with this one. Nope--it's got to be on Obama's desk on "Presidents day"--hum--couldn't be anything political here, could it?

Charles Schummer actually stated today, "see the majority of Americans do not care about the "porky" in this bill. Unbelievable, but he actually stated "Porky". Well no Chucky--it's because if the senate has not had a chance to review this monstrocity--the public sure hasn't. I don't think Americans would be too pleased to learn that 98 million of their hard earned dollars is going to Hollywood to buy film. This is just a fragment of the pork in this bill.

All these bail-outs started last March with Bear Stearns. When we had a slow drip in unemployment. We have had all these bail-outs , & you can betcha more to come & the unemployment faucet has gone to wide open--full throddle. Let alone they can't even figure out what to do with the remaining TARP money for the banks. That was obvious today with our new secretary of the treasury. So if they cannot handle the banking crisis, how can we expect them to handle another 1.2 trillion in spending going "everywhere." Bridges to nowhere will be built. It will take decades to figure out exactly where that money went.

To add to all of this. There is absolutely no guarantee that this will work. In fact, it may make things much much worse.

DID YOU KNOW? Ronald Reagan inherited a much worse economy. Unemployment was 10.7%. Inflation double digit--Interest rates over 20%. It took him 8 months to come up with an economic stimulus package, & he was working against a majority of Democrats in the House & Senate. It worked "without" any bail-outs. We ended up with the longest peace time economic growth in American history because of his policies.

Last edited:

DITTO--they aren't even taking the time to get it close. You know, one would think after the "sky was falling rush" they were in over the other bail-outs & seeing that they did not work, they would spend time with this one. Nope--it's got to be on Obama's desk on "Presidents day"--hum--couldn't be anything political here, could it?

Charles Schummer actually stated today, "see the majority of Americans do not care about the "porky" in this bill. Unbelievable, but he actually stated "Porky". Well no Chucky--it's because if the senate has not had a chance to review this monstrocity--the public sure hasn't. I don't think Americans would be too pleased to learn that 98 million of their hard earned dollars is going to Hollywood to buy film. This is just a fragment of the pork in this bill.

All these bail-outs started last March with Bear Stearns. When we had a slow drip in unemployment. We have had all these bail-outs , & you can betcha more to come & the unemployment faucet has gone to wide open--full throddle. Let alone they can't even figure out what to do with the remaining TARP money for the banks. That was obvious today with our new secretary of the treasury. So if they cannot handle the banking crisis, how can we expect them to handle another 1.2 trillion in spending going "everywhere." Bridges to nowhere will be built. It will take decades to figure out exactly where that money went.

To add to all of this. There is absolutely no guarantee that this will work. In fact, it may make things much much worse.

You start to add it all up - Obama's scattered performance, the new Treasury Sec's uncertainty and fear, the pork laden anti-stimulus package, the tax evasion scandals, the lobbyists within the Obama administration, the stock market declines, the promise of a separate housing bailout bill that will cost billions more, the stealth nationalization of health care measures, billions available to swinders like Acorn, Schumer's complete and asinine arrogance...

This is getting nutty folks.

I mean scary nutty.

You start to add it all up - Obama's scattered performance, the new Treasury Sec's uncertainty and fear, the pork laden anti-stimulus package, the tax evasion scandals, the lobbyists within the Obama administration, the stock market declines, the promise of a separate housing bailout bill that will cost billions more, the stealth nationalization of health care measures, billions available to swinders like Acorn, Schumer's complete and asinine arrogance...

I mean scary nutty.

Yes, the silliness of the right is getting nutty.

Particularly you.

I mean scary nutty.

Particularly you.

Chris, seriously...how old are you? I am really curious.

I mean scary nutty.

Particularly you.

Older than you are.

The whinning on the right about what Obama is trying to do is ridiculous. We need a stimulus package to keep people working. We don't need pork, but tax cuts, infrastructure projects, and green energy programs are exactly what we need.

We lost 500,000 jobs last month!

Particularly you.

Older than you are.

The whinning on the right about what Obama is trying to do is ridiculous. We need a stimulus package to keep people working. We don't need pork, but tax cuts, infrastructure projects, and green energy programs are exactly what we need.

Somebody said that it's not about your age, it's that your a moron. He's right.

Particularly you.

Older than you are.

how do you know you are older than he is?
:lol:
did he say how old he is?

I mean scary nutty.

Particularly you.

ah Kirky lewinsky back for more.

Back to the subject of discussion...

yet next to none of the "stimulus bill" does that

yet next to none of the "stimulus bill" does that

The stimulus bill is 42% tax cuts.

Something which I agree with the Republicans about for once.

Particularly you.

Older than you are.

You're kinda screwed either way if you give your age so I'd advise not do it. If you're under say 23 the fact that your posts are mostly all insults and void of an intellectual argument of any type would make sense. If you're older than that well, it's just plain sad that you can't muster a reasonable argument.

I repeat Chris, READ THE FUCKING BILL. THEN tell us how desperatly we need this thing. Yes 500,000 jobs in a month is not good. But this backing of Obama just because he's doing something, ANYTHING when you obviously don't know what's even in it is pretty silly. Yes something needs to be done. It also needs to be done right. There are some good thins in it, but for something so urgent you would think they could prioritize a little better, get in it what needs to get in it and get out what doesn't.

Last edited:
That's another thing I'm sick of.

No, both parties aren't to blame for this mess.
That's right, it was primarily the democrats, and they blocked any attempt at oversite for two years.

GoP does suck, but your boys were behind this mess, so be sick of it all you want, it was your created problem, and your boys will now make it worse.

Live with it, we all have too.

Revisionist history. Just like that one Redumblican yesterday who suggested that the New Deal didn't work. :cuckoo:

Older than you are.

You're kinda screwed either way if you give your age so I'd advise not do it. If you're under say 23 the fact that your posts are mostly all insults and void of an intellectual argument of any type would make sense. If you're older than that well, it's just plain sad that you can't muster a reasonable argument.

I repeat Chris, READ THE FUCKING BILL. THEN tell us how desperatly we need this thing. Yes 500,000 jobs in a month is not good. But this backing of Obama just because he's doing something, ANYTHING when you obviously don't know what's even in it is pretty silly. Yes something needs to be done. It also needs to be done right. There are some good thins in it, but for something so urgent you would think they could prioritize a little better, get in it what needs to get in it and get out what doesn't.

I'm in the money, I'm in the money, I can't wait to make a lot of money!!!!

If you want to know what is in the bill, buy the book from me.

COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF THE TAX PROVISIONS OF THE ECONOMIC STIMULUS TAX ACT OF 2009 goes for $69.95 a copy.

Remember I told you that I work with this tax stuff? Let the selling begin!!!!

That's another thing I'm sick of.

No, both parties aren't to blame for this mess.
That's right, it was primarily the democrats, and they blocked any attempt at oversite for two years.

GoP does suck, but your boys were behind this mess, so be sick of it all you want, it was your created problem, and your boys will now make it worse.

Live with it, we all have too.

Revisionist history. Just like that one Redumblican yesterday who suggested that the New Deal didn't work. :cuckoo:

What revisionist history? The CRA under DEMOCRAT Carter and reduction of capital under DEMOCRAT Clinton that Fannie and Freddie were required to have on hand and denial by DEMOCRAT Barney Frank that this was unsound. The fact that the housing market collapsed as a direct result of bad debt that these policies encouraged. Explain to me SPECIFICALLY where the revisionist history is.

It is clearer and clearer by the minute you have one MO. Blame GOP even though you obviously are a no nothing when it come to the specifics of, well, anything.

Last edited:
Older than you are.

I'm in the money, I'm in the money, I can't wait to make a lot of money!!!!

If you want to know what is in the bill, buy the book from me.

COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF THE TAX PROVISIONS OF THE ECONOMIC STIMULUS TAX ACT OF 2009 goes for $69.95 a copy.

Remember I told you that I work with this tax stuff? Let the selling begin!!!!

Actually Angel Heart provided a link where I can read the bulk of it for free.

Forum List

Back