Obama Press Conference Review

You realize he's left with no realistic option but to call you a liar at this point, right? Bobo is a tool. We all know this. I just think it's amazing how much he is letting himself look like a juvenile in this thread. His replies have the intellectual depth of a child yelling 'oh yeah, well your a poopy pants'.

I'm getting to them, no? :lol:

No. You are putting on an amazing display of lack of integrity and intellectual immaturity, though. So you got that going for you.
you could have saved a lot of typing if you just say he is a moron and be done with it ;)
YMMV

Just keep typing away while your employees do all the work.

You don't work hard. Your daddy handed that business over to you.

FYI my father was killed on active duty when i was 16 months old. he was a Navy pilot if you care to know.
hes an asshole, dont pay him no mind, no one else does
hes one of the many clowns on the left

i know but that this asshole, who isn't good enough to even think never mind utter my dad's name, mentions my father just pisses me off.

i am glad this is anonymous or i'd hunt that fucker down

He's good. Real good. Though long-winded enough that when his answers finally get to phrases such as, "My bottom line," or "In short," a collective sigh of relief can be heard the world over. One answer ran twenty-six paragraphs of transcript.

Yet, there are few more eloquent men. A precious commodity in times such as these --especially following eight years of those.

Obama's eloquence brings with it an undeniably comforting way of telling us that we are screwed. And just when his forthrightness lulls you into accepting the inevitable present, he changes tone and slips in enough of a heebie jeebie to scare a country into action.

Good cop bad cop. All wrapped up in one man from Hawaii and the south side of Chicago.

The first press conference ran a brisk and windy fifty minutes. Opening statements were brief, then he opened himself up to the press. Since his answers run so long there was only time for a mere 13 questions. One made a bit of history, when Sam Stein of the Huffington Post became the first blogger to be called on by a president. (But who really thinks that Huffington Post is a "blog" anymore?)

Aside of the Washington Post's Michael A. Fletcher asking about A-Rod, one of the lighter moments came when FOX reporter Major Gordon's tried to trip Obama up with a query on the recent random blathering from his vice president, loose-lips-Joe.

Obama made light of it at Biden's expense, "You know, I don't remember exactly what Joe was referring to, not surprisingly." It was the one time during the press conference where the straight playing Obama smiled.

Presidential?

One of the things I was looking for in the new president was a level of ferocity. I've wondered what kind of war time leader Obama would be. I worried that he was too soft. But, when discussing ways to work with Pakistan on their Al Qaeda infestation, somewhere from under the infinite layers of buffered cordiality, I got the impression that the President, now fully engaged in the conflict, was readying special forces to infiltrate border camps and piss into Bin Laden's water.

One brief smile, one hint of danger, very presidential.

His intellect can be a bit unnerving though, as all throughout he displays the composure of a well-trained lawyer who can walk you away from a question, get lost in a clever anecdote for a short spell, finally answer, and then work his way back on message.

It was interesting watching the new president continued to play the bipartisan card so strongly. Whether sincerely or not is up for speculation, but he continues to play it well. Not that the ostentatious republicans aren't giving him a bumbling enough opponent. With seventy-five percent of Americans recently responding to a poll that republicans are holding the recovery up, it would seem most of us have noticed the elephant at the table.

Someone should really tell the GOP it's time to let it go and pass the stimulus. They did well in gutting extreme liberal offerings at the onset of the stimulus package draft, such as condoms for fetuses or free abortions for transgenders. But, now let's move on. Start throwing some money at the problem.

Obama put this point best at the very end. Neatly tying up a smoothly-conducted first press conference with a reference to constipation.

"And so when I hear people (republicans) just saying, 'Ah, we don't need to do anything,' 'This is a spending bill, not a stimulus bill,' without acknowledging that, by definition, part of any stimulus package would include spending -- that's the point -- then what I get a sense of is, is that there's some ideological blockage there that needs to be cleared up."

Bobby
Idle Wordship

:lol::lol::lol: What about what many democrats are saying? Why didn't you add this to the existing threads, instead of a new one.

He's good. Real good. Though long-winded enough that when his answers finally get to phrases such as, "My bottom line," or "In short," a collective sigh of relief can be heard the world over. One answer ran twenty-six paragraphs of transcript.

Yet, there are few more eloquent men. A precious commodity in times such as these --especially following eight years of those.

Obama's eloquence brings with it an undeniably comforting way of telling us that we are screwed. And just when his forthrightness lulls you into accepting the inevitable present, he changes tone and slips in enough of a heebie jeebie to scare a country into action.

Good cop bad cop. All wrapped up in one man from Hawaii and the south side of Chicago.

The first press conference ran a brisk and windy fifty minutes. Opening statements were brief, then he opened himself up to the press. Since his answers run so long there was only time for a mere 13 questions. One made a bit of history, when Sam Stein of the Huffington Post became the first blogger to be called on by a president. (But who really thinks that Huffington Post is a "blog" anymore?)

Aside of the Washington Post's Michael A. Fletcher asking about A-Rod, one of the lighter moments came when FOX reporter Major Gordon's tried to trip Obama up with a query on the recent random blathering from his vice president, loose-lips-Joe.

Obama made light of it at Biden's expense, "You know, I don't remember exactly what Joe was referring to, not surprisingly." It was the one time during the press conference where the straight playing Obama smiled.

Presidential?

One of the things I was looking for in the new president was a level of ferocity. I've wondered what kind of war time leader Obama would be. I worried that he was too soft. But, when discussing ways to work with Pakistan on their Al Qaeda infestation, somewhere from under the infinite layers of buffered cordiality, I got the impression that the President, now fully engaged in the conflict, was readying special forces to infiltrate border camps and piss into Bin Laden's water.

His intellect can be a bit unnerving though, as all throughout he displays the composure of a well-trained lawyer who can walk you away from a question, get lost in a clever anecdote for a short spell, finally answer, and then work his way back on message.

It was interesting watching the new president continued to play the bipartisan card so strongly. Whether sincerely or not is up for speculation, but he continues to play it well. Not that the ostentatious republicans aren't giving him a bumbling enough opponent. With seventy-five percent of Americans recently responding to a poll that republicans are holding the recovery up, it would seem most of us have noticed the elephant at the table.

Someone should really tell the GOP it's time to let it go and pass the stimulus. They did well in gutting extreme liberal offerings at the onset of the stimulus package draft, such as condoms for fetuses or free abortions for transgenders. But, now let's move on. Start throwing some money at the problem.

Obama put this point best at the very end. Neatly tying up a smoothly-conducted first press conference with a reference to constipation.

"And so when I hear people (republicans) just saying, 'Ah, we don't need to do anything,' 'This is a spending bill, not a stimulus bill,' without acknowledging that, by definition, part of any stimulus package would include spending -- that's the point -- then what I get a sense of is, is that there's some ideological blockage there that needs to be cleared up."

Bobby
Idle Wordship

I'm going to touch on just one of your views in this novel you wrote. The republicans are all for passing a stimulus bill...a good stimulus bill. Not one that is laden with pork such as the one that did pass in the Senate. There is way too much money being spent on non stimulating items. This bill was to get more jobs produced, and it just doesn't have that wired. It's going to cost us over a trillion dollars. Just remember, if this doesn't work, we are all in trouble. Not just the democrats, and Obama, but every single American for the rest of their lives. I would have liked them to take this bill serious, and not just ram it down our throats like the last failed stimulus bill....remember?

Last edited:

Presidential?

Bobby
Idle Wordship

I'm going to touch on just one of your views in this novel you wrote. The republicans are all for passing a stimulus bill...a good stimulus bill. Not one that is laden with pork such as the one that did pass in the Senate. There is way too much money being spent on non stimulating items. This bill was to get more jobs produced, and it just doesn't have that wired. It's going to cost us over a trillion dollars. Just remember, if this doesn't work, we are all in trouble. Not just the democrats, and Obama, but every single American for the rest of their lives. I would have liked them to take this bill serious, and not just ram it down our throats like the last failed stimulus bill....remember?

You are speaking for 'conservatives' which there are few of with 'R' beside their name. Actually have better luck with the Blue Dogs, thought not right now, that was under normal circumstances.

It's going to pass, we're going to pay and suffer and damn well better enjoy it. Perhaps we deserve it, but our great grandchildren don't. Yet we are damning them to this 'stimulus package' and 'Tarp II'.

That's another thing I'm sick of.

No, both parties aren't to blame for this mess.
That's right, it was primarily the democrats, and they blocked any attempt at oversite for two years.

GoP does suck, but your boys were behind this mess, so be sick of it all you want, it was your created problem, and your boys will now make it worse.

Live with it, we all have too.

You are speaking for 'conservatives' which there are few of with 'R' beside their name. Actually have better luck with the Blue Dogs, thought not right now, that was under normal circumstances.

It's going to pass, we're going to pay and suffer and damn well better enjoy it. Perhaps we deserve it, but our great grandchildren don't. Yet we are damning them to this 'stimulus package' and 'Tarp II'.

Actually, Annie, the Blue Dogs have offered up their own stimulus proposal led by Walt Minnick.

Minnick's bill is called The Strategic Targeted American Recovery and Transition Act (START Act) of 2009.

"The biggest difference is that I've cut out everything that doesn't create jobs in this year and next," Minnick said Thursday. "It's only $174 billion, $650 billion less than what the House passed and probably $750 billion less than the trillion dollar bill the Senate is talking about. It focuses on infrastructure spending, there's $70 billion on bridges, roads and school construction and there's $100 billion on tax cuts to middle and low income people

Minnick has his own stimulus proposal | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID - Lewiston, Idaho | News

Actually, Annie, the Blue Dogs have offered up their own stimulus proposal led by Walt Minnick.

Minnick's bill is called The Strategic Targeted American Recovery and Transition Act (START Act) of 2009.

"The biggest difference is that I've cut out everything that doesn't create jobs in this year and next," Minnick said Thursday. "It's only $174 billion, $650 billion less than what the House passed and probably $750 billion less than the trillion dollar bill the Senate is talking about. It focuses on infrastructure spending, there's $70 billion on bridges, roads and school construction and there's $100 billion on tax cuts to middle and low income people

Minnick has his own stimulus proposal | KLEW CBS 3 - News, Weather and Sports - Lewiston, ID - Lewiston, Idaho | News

I'm sure it will have a great impact.

I'm sure it will have a great impact.

I'm picking up you sarcasm :tongue:

dang, i could support that

dang, i could support that

Yeah, me too ... though I'd keep the energy portions from the senate bill or something close to it.

Obama is trying to land the plane in the river with both engines out, and the Republicans are watching hoping he crashes into a building and kills as many people as possible.

That's another thing I'm sick of.

No, both parties aren't to blame for this mess.
That's right, it was primarily the democrats, and they blocked any attempt at oversite for two years.

GoP does suck, but your boys were behind this mess, so be sick of it all you want, it was your created problem, and your boys will now make it worse.

Live with it, we all have too.

that's exactly why it's doomed to fail.. the very people who created this mess are trying to fix it..

Obama is trying to land the plane in the river with both engines out, and the Republicans are watching hoping he crashes into a building and kills as many people as possible.

Good try, but his eyes are wide open and his choices are without limits.

Good try, but his eyes are wide open and his choices are without limits.
whats really funny about that post, is thats exactly what the dems had been wishing for for the last 8 years

Good lord you utilize such poor choices in here.

Stop and think just a bit, ok?

Forum List

Back