Obama Orders Military To Prepare For Spring Food Riots

It is a money thing not a food shortage issue. If the starving people in bangladesh had money they would have plenty of food.

Here's a little rule of thumb that has stood me well over the years. Allways keep at least one months supply of food and water in your home AT ALL TIMES. That way, no matter what disaster befalls you, be it hurricane, earthquake, tornado, or whatever else Mother Nature decides to serve up, you are safe from starvation at the very minimum.

There are many natural disasters that will destroy enough infrastructure that food will not be transported to your area.

One other thing, allways have at least one firearm and the ammunition for it and KNOW HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY!

On the ammo, 1000 rounds is NOT enough, neither is 1 caliber! :)

(brought to you by the Gun Dealers of America, Local 318) :)

A person would be quite well armed with a Ruger 10/22 and 10 bricks of ammo. I have been around firearms for probably longer than you and I would very happily take on pretty much anything with that setup.

Yes, the 10/22 would be great weapon if your enemies are armed squirrels.

A person would be quite well armed with a Ruger 10/22 and 10 bricks of ammo. I have been around firearms for probably longer than you and I would very happily take on pretty much anything with that setup.

LOL....and you would quickly lose. I got my first gun at age 6, 42 years ago, and I have transferred over 3000 in the last 12 months alone) :)

There are 2-3 places on my body where a 22 will inflict lethal damage.

On the other hand, if a .308 hits you anywhere, your best-case scenario is bleeding to death. I typically carry 180 rounds when I leave "fully loaded," so you'd have me there.

And lets not even get into the concept of range. Your 10/22 loses quickly when that enters the discussion. With the .308 at almost 2800fps, aim is "dead -on" at 250 yards. You'll have to aim about 6 inches above whatever you want to hit, with even the fastest ammo, and still pray that the wind doesn't blow.

Don't get me wrong, I love a 10/22 (have 3-4 of them), but there is a reason the army doesn't issue them. They are a small game hunting weapon/close-range target shooter, not a protection weapon, and the .22 is certainly not an assault or protection caliber.

When the shit hits the fan, I'll be behind the .308. I don't have 5000 rounds (the equivalent of 10 bricks), but I won't need that many either. Good luck with the Ruger. And those damn rotary magazines!

If you're into plinking with 22s, get a browning BL-22 (lever action) and some Winchester CB-Long Match ammo (not Long Rifle, so your 10/22 will not eject it). That is the most fun you'll ever have, and the ammo is the quietest I've ever heard....far quieter than any 22 short I've ever found. I have shot squirrels sitting beside another squirrel, and then shot the second one two because he didn't hear the report. I imagine he just looked over and thought.....

"That's odd......Fred's head just exploded?!?"

Winchester CB-Long Match (NOT LR).

Greatest shit ever :)

No, I won. I beat you by 6 years. You've never seen me shoot:lol: I shoot my pistols out to 400+ yards. I've connected on a man sized target at 600 yards with my Python. My 10/22 is set up with a Leupold 3-9 and I can easily hit a person out to 400 yards with that as well. There are several advantages to a .22 when in a survival situation, the first of which is firing signature as in there is none. A person will have a very hard time figuring out where those nasty little bees are coming from.

And please note, I am advocating nothing just pointing out that a 10/22 used correctly is a very lethal little weapon. I too have a .308, a trusty old Steyr SSG PII with double set triggers and a Kahles ZF-84 10 scope with the No.21 reticle. And if you're a long way out I have a very nice .50 cal.

Yes, the 10/22 would be great weapon if your enemies are armed squirrels.

.22s kill more people (civilian not military) than any other calibre. By far. Don't ever take one for granted, it will bite you in the ass.

Dude, if I want to kill someone I'll just whip out an old M-14 or better yet a Garand. A 10/22 is a pea shooter. The highly overpriced automatic reciever for the 10/22 would be fun, but I wouldn't use it to rob a liquor store.

Dude, if I want to kill someone I'll just whip out an old M-14 or better yet a Garand. A 10/22 is a pea shooter. The highly overpriced automatic reciever for the 10/22 would be fun, but I wouldn't use it to rob a liquor store.

Both are good no doubt but it's the person behind the weapon that's dangerous. Not the weapon itself.

I hope this is wrong

A grim report prepared by France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) obtained by Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) states that president’s Obama and Sarkozy have “agreed in principal” to create a joint US-European military force to deal exclusively with a Global uprising expected this spring as our World runs out of food.

According to this report, Sarkozy, as head of the G-20 group of developed Nations, called for and received an emergency meeting with Obama this past Monday at the White House wherein he warned his American counterpart that the shock rise in food prices occurring due to an unprecedented series of disasters was threatening the stability of the entire World and could lead to the outbreak of Total Global War.

Obama Orders Military To Prepare For Spring Food Riots | EUTimes.net

"We are on the verge of a global transformation, all we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order"- David Rockefeller Sept. 1994 Bilderburg Group Member

Maybe we should stop burning CORN for fuel.

Just a thought.

I have some sad news for you doubters

89 -- RFI for Pre-Packaged Commercial Meals
RFI is request for information
Notice Date
1/20/2011

Contracting Office
Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Logistics Section, 500 C Street SW, Patriots Plaza -- 5th Floor, Washington, District of Columbia, 20472

Description
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.

SRCSGT | 89 | RFI for Pre-Packaged Commercial Meals | 22-Jan-11 - FBO#3346

Notice Date
1/20/2011

Contracting Office
Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Logistics Section, 500 C Street SW, Patriots Plaza -- 5th Floor, Washington, District of Columbia, 20472

Description
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.

And?

What? Do you have no idea what the red cors stores for disaster relief?

Notice Date
1/20/2011

Contracting Office

Description

And?

What? Do you have no idea what the red cors stores for disaster relief?

Other than the source they already have why a new RFI? For more sources, NOW? Remember the OP I said obama is preparing the military for food riots. Also notice the specific area of operation they pointed out

New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population

Last edited:
Dutch student Walinka van Tol inspects the worm protruding from a half-eaten chocolate praline she's holding, steels herself with a shrug, then pops it into her mouth.
"Tasty ... kind of nutty!" the 20-year-old assures her companions clutching an array of creepy crawly pastries at a seminar, which forecast that larvae and locusts will invade Western menus as the price of steak and chops skyrocket.

Van Tol and about 200 other tasters were guinea pigs for a group of Dutch scientists doing groundbreaking research into insects replacing animal meat as a healthier, more environmentally friendly source of protein.

"There will come a day when a Big Mac costs 120 euros ($163) and a Bug Mac 12 euros, when more people will eat insects than other meat," head researcher Arnold van Huis told a disbelieving audience at Wageningen University in the central Netherlands.

"The best way to start is to try it once," the entomologist insisted.

'Bug Mac' and lovely 'grub': food of the future

I hope this is wrong

A grim report prepared by France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) obtained by Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) states that president’s Obama and Sarkozy have “agreed in principal” to create a joint US-European military force to deal exclusively with a Global uprising expected this spring as our World runs out of food.

According to this report, Sarkozy, as head of the G-20 group of developed Nations, called for and received an emergency meeting with Obama this past Monday at the White House wherein he warned his American counterpart that the shock rise in food prices occurring due to an unprecedented series of disasters was threatening the stability of the entire World and could lead to the outbreak of Total Global War.

I think we can avoid riots with just a little bit of prudent management. Consider that it takes 16 pounds of grain to make 1 pound of beef. Im sure there are similar ratios for poultry, pork and other types of husbanded meat. Process this grain for people consumption instead and you easily solve the food shortage problem. It would also have the welcome effect of lowering the nation's health care costs by forcing Americans onto a low fat diet.

food shortages leading to higher prices can come with water shortages, and with fuel shortage price hikes....then there are locust swarms and the honey bee which pollinates our fruit, die off.....

along with the ethanol requirement which in hind-site, was foolish.....

the USA produces 25% of the entire world's food i believe?

I hope this is wrong

I think we can avoid riots with just a little bit of prudent management. Consider that it takes 16 pounds of grain to make 1 pound of beef. Im sure there are similar ratios for poultry, pork and other types of husbanded meat. Process this grain for people consumption instead and you easily solve the food shortage problem. It would also have the welcome effect of lowering the nation's health care costs by forcing Americans onto a low fat diet.

Thanks, thats why I tarted this thread to make people aware that there is a poroblem, how bad itis only time will tell

I hope this is wrong

Where in that linked article did I miss where Obama ordered the military to prepare for food riots?

Forum List

Back