Obama Orders Military To Prepare For Spring Food Riots

Not so fast. What will supposedly spur the food riots? Does KFC expect to run out of fried chicken in Detroit?

Rise in food prices would be a good guess. People are already stressed with no jobs. Any new stress of not being able to pay for food might just be the tipping point.

Rising food "prices" is not a food "shortage" The ability to pay for a product is not the unavailability of that product.

In this country i doubt there would be a food "shortage"

If it came to a food "shortage" in this country i would hope that we would cut off all food aid to all other places in the world.

I'm reminded of the ubiquitous cartoon character with the sandwhich board claiming "the end is coming".
Just in case I'll take the 'T' bones out of the freezer and plan on a feast tomorrow night. Steak, double baked potato's, Spinich Salad; a nice Merlot and of course garlic bread on fresh San Francisco Sour Dough.

Who said the world was coming to an end? Things are bad people are already stressed. Anything will cause a panic now. Even a fast rise in food prices which I posted a link in this thread varifing that.

Not so fast. What will supposedly spur the food riots? Does KFC expect to run out of fried chicken in Detroit?

Rise in food prices would be a good guess. People are already stressed with no jobs. Any new stress of not being able to pay for food might just be the tipping point.

Rising food "prices" is not a food "shortage" The ability to pay for a product is not the unavailability of that product.

If it came to a food "shortage" in this country i would hope that we would cut off all food aid to all other places in the world.

Its a shortage if you can't afford to pay for it.

We are LONG overdue for a massive solar flare as well. And I don't think our infrastructure can sustain itself in the face of one similar to 1859 or 1921. We're entering maximum from 2012 to 2015, with most placing the greatest activity likely in 2013.

We're super vulnerable to EMP, whether natural or created. One such as 1859 could easily wipe out half the population of the US within 3 months. Our infrastructure has never been tested, and was not designed to withstand the cyclical occurrence of solar storms.

They say you learn the most from the first tests and failures. We have yet to "learn the most" regarding how dependent we are on an extremely vulnerable infrastructure.

No, that is not a shortage.

We are LONG overdue for a massive solar flare as well. And I don't think our infrastructure can sustain itself in the face of one similar to 1859 or 1921. We're entering maximum from 2012 to 2015, with most placing the greatest activity likely in 2013.

We're super vulnerable to EMP, whether natural or created. One such as 1859 could easily wipe out half the population of the US within 3 months. Our infrastructure has never been tested, and was not designed to withstand the cyclical occurrence of solar storms.

They say you learn the most from the first tests and failures. We have yet to "learn the most" regarding how dependent we are on an extremely vulnerable infrastructure.

People are already stressed to the breaking point. RISE in prices of the basics of life may just send them over the edge.

If you cannot afford to pay for food how will you get it? Do you think the super markets will alow people to walk out of th stores without paying?

If you cannot afford to pay for food how will you get it? Do you think the super markets will alow people to walk out of th stores without paying?

Think clearly man!

If the supermarkets are FULL there is no shortage of anything.

The secondary problem of not being able to afford what is there is a different thing all together.

Sure there could be riots over inflation of food prices ...but that is not a food shortage.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself", and of course fear mongers.
The economic outlook is getting better, the one speed bump being consumer confidence. Go out and buy a new product today, one made in America if you can find one.

People are already stressed to the breaking point. RISE in prices of the basics of life may just send them over the edge.

Prices have been rising for years. I was cleaning out the ubiquitous junk drawer the other day and came across a grocery receipt from about 3 years ago. Many of the items I buy on a regular basis (or used to) have actually doubled in price since then. Most others have gone up by 50% or more. I'd known it, but seeing it in black and white gave me pause I'll admit.

People grumble, they stop buying steaks, but it will take a lot more than rising prices to push them out into the streets. Americans in general forgot what the freedoms of speech and assembly were actually for a long, long time ago. Now it's too much of a social faux pas to participate in a protest, unless it's the mass marketed fad du jour.

Think clearly man!

If the supermarkets are FULL there is no shortage of anything.

The secondary problem of not being able to afford what is there is a different thing all together.

Sure there could be riots over inflation of food prices ...but that is not a food shortage.

OK

But only time will tell if there will be a shortage.

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself", and of course fear mongers.
The economic outlook is getting better, the one speed bump being consumer confidence. Go out and buy a new product today, one made in America if you can find one.

Here's a quote I use
"Fear is for those who are not prepared. It is not fear to warn people"
In my case if I had fear in me it would be fear of being ridiculed

I hope this is wrong

A grim report prepared by France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) obtained by Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) states that president’s Obama and Sarkozy have “agreed in principal” to create a joint US-European military force to deal exclusively with a Global uprising expected this spring as our World runs out of food.

According to this report, Sarkozy, as head of the G-20 group of developed Nations, called for and received an emergency meeting with Obama this past Monday at the White House wherein he warned his American counterpart that the shock rise in food prices occurring due to an unprecedented series of disasters was threatening the stability of the entire World and could lead to the outbreak of Total Global War.

Obama Orders Military To Prepare For Spring Food Riots | EUTimes.net

You want me to believe that the President of France flew into the US and met with President Obama, and only one weird internet paper noticed? Did you notice that they also had a story about NASA confirming the existence of UFOs? You should look up the concept of critical thinking and apply it to your posting.

Prices have been rising for years. I was cleaning out the ubiquitous junk drawer the other day and came across a grocery receipt from about 3 years ago. Many of the items I buy on a regular basis (or used to) have actually doubled in price since then. Most others have gone up by 50% or more. I'd known it, but seeing it in black and white gave me pause I'll admit.

People grumble, they stop buying steaks, but it will take a lot more than rising prices to push them out into the streets. Americans in general forgot what the freedoms of speech and assembly were actually for a long, long time ago. Now it's too much of a social faux pas to participate in a protest, unless it's the mass marketed fad du jour.

If you are actually worried about food prices I would suggest you call up your congresscritters and tell them to stop supporting ethanol subsidies and get them to force the EPA to drop the ethanol requirements in gasoline entirely.

I hope this is wrong

A grim report prepared by France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) obtained by Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) states that president’s Obama and Sarkozy have “agreed in principal” to create a joint US-European military force to deal exclusively with a Global uprising expected this spring as our World runs out of food.

According to this report, Sarkozy, as head of the G-20 group of developed Nations, called for and received an emergency meeting with Obama this past Monday at the White House wherein he warned his American counterpart that the shock rise in food prices occurring due to an unprecedented series of disasters was threatening the stability of the entire World and could lead to the outbreak of Total Global War.

Obama Orders Military To Prepare For Spring Food Riots | EUTimes.net

You want me to believe that the President of France flew into the US and met with President Obama, and only one weird internet paper noticed? Did you notice that they also had a story about NASA confirming the existence of UFOs? You should look up the concept of critical thinking and apply it to your posting.
The French General Directorate for External Security is not the President of France it is the subordinate to the Ministry of the Defense. So any meeting may have went unnoticed.

Forum List

Back