Obama must fail

Obama is the worst President ever

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]YouTube - Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]YouTube - Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWpBWP8krs]YouTube - Obama Takes a Victory Lap After Big Wins[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V0ISgosTlQ]YouTube - BARACK OBAMA SPEECH OFFICIAL BREAKING NEWS OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD (Full HD)[/ame]
:woohoo:

After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

financial/credit card reform?...:lol:god don't you ever ever read anything? really?

The Obama ran against everything GWB did - He advertised Himself as "change" from the failed policies of GWB.

And so, what has The Obama done since taking office?
Continued, if not expanded, just about every one of those policies.

If GWB was a terrible President because of those policies, it is impossible to escape the conclusion that, The Obama, by continuing and expanding those polices, is worse.

It wasn't the policy as much as the failure of the policy. Key word "fail". With the exception of invading Iraq, which was just stupid and possibly criminal in Bush's moronic manipulation of the "intel" which led us there, going after Al Queda was a sound policy. Dropping the ball in Tora Bora was just more failure to follow through a good policy.

FEMA is good policy. Putting political hacks with no experience in charge of a critical agency is failure of implementing good policy.

Letting the financial sector have enough free reign to make money is good policy.. letting them have enough rope to destroy our economy is failure of a good policy.

Bush failed..he has never managed anything in his life successfully. I am partly to blame. I voted for him. We have to stop electing nin come poops.

Obama is the worst President ever
“It would be difficult to identify a President who, facing major international and domestic crises, has failed in both as clearly as President Bush concluded one respondent. “His domestic policies,” another noted, “have had the cumulative effect of shoring up a semi-permanent aristocracy of capital that dwarfs the aristocracy of land against which the founding fathers rebelled; of encouraging a mindless retreat from science and rationalism; and of crippling the nation’s economic base.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVynnbx1Xsc]YouTube - Bush Giving the Finger[/ame]​

After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

financial/credit card reform?...:lol:god don't you ever ever read anything? really?
Credit Card Reform

825.gif

The Obama ran against everything GWB did - He advertised Himself as "change" from the failed policies of GWB.

If GWB was a terrible President because of those policies, it is impossible to escape the conclusion that, The Obama, by continuing and expanding those polices, is worse.
It wasn't the policy as much as the failure of the policy.
Really.
So...
-Bush would have been OK doing what he did if his policies had succeeded?
-The Obama has, unlike Bush, succeeded at the implementation of GWB's policies?

Really.
So...

I understand you are being sarcastic..but in many ways..yes. I wouldn't put it in or characterize the parallel aspects of their policies as Bush 1,2..and Obama being Bush 3...

There obviously has been a continuation of Bush's policies under Obama. For instance; Going after Al Queda was a Bush policy. Obama has been far more successful in killing Al Queda than Bush relative to the time in office and the fact that our enemy has had a long time to hide. It was a lot easier task to pick them off when they were on the run and not entrenched in Pakistan and spread out all over the planet. Getting side tracked in Iraq was a huge policy blunder. Getting most of our fighting forces out of Iraq was a successful Obama conclusion to a Bush policy.

I would characterize Obama as a relief pitcher sent into a game where we are behind 20 to 2 and it is the seventh inning with the bases loaded. So far Obama has survived the inning with maybe one of Bush's walks making it home and now it is 21 to 2. Then the CIA and the players hit several on base singles and Obama put on his Manager hat and called the Seals to swing for the fences and damned if they didn't hit a base clearing home run!!! OK we are still up to bat but the score is now 21 to 6.. We aren't winning yet but we are in better shape than we were at the beginning of the last inning.

Really.
So...
I understand you are being sarcastic..but in many ways..yes.
Doesn't this mean that GWB's policies were sound, they just weren't fully executed?
And so, The Obama has done little more than taken GWB's good ideas and followed through?

Going from 7.8% to 9% in 15 months is not a recovery.

Going from 10.1 to 9 is.

Ah. Unemployment went to 10.1% during the Stimulus program that was supposed to prevent that.

The unemployment rate 15 months ago was not 7.8 - it was 9.8

I stand corrected. I meant to say "27 months" and had a brain fart. 27 months ago the stimulus was being debated.

The amount of jobs being created is not keeping pace with the expanding workforce. That signifies that this is not a recovery.

The workforce is expanding because jobs are being created. People are beginning to re-enter the workforce, increasing the labor force participation rate faster than the job creation rate.

Wow! That's some amazing spin. The workforce is expanding because there are more people who can work.

And it's a recovery by definition - the economy has grown for five straight quarters.

That's like saying government spending is going down right after it was run up beyond any proposal or prediction. It's spin. 27 months of being worse is not a recovery. If you'd like to then play semantics about what constitutes a recovery by NBER standards we can do that.

Last edited:
Really.
So...
Doesn't this mean that GWB's policies were sound, they just weren't fully executed?
And so, The Obama has done little more than taken GWB's good ideas and followed through?

I certainly would not characterize going INTO Iraq as a good idea. BUT if you agree that Bush's failure to implement policy was the hallmark of his presidency I can agree that the concept of his policy minus a few details like not paying for anything, invading Iraq. or un needed tax breaks for the super wealthy etc ...were basically sound.

If you agree that Bush's failure to implement policy was the hallmark of his presidency I can agree that the concept of his policy minus a few details like not paying for anything, invading Iraq. or un needed tax breaks for the super wealthy etc ...were basically sound.
Your argument then is The Obama's success is found in the sound policies of GWB.
:lol:

Interesting, then, that you believe The Obama a success, as He is not "paying" for anything and forced the Democrats to extend the "unneeded tax breaks for the super wealthy".

It's -amazing- the desperate lengths you people will go to in order to defend your Secular Messiah.

Last edited:
The workforce is expanding because jobs are being created. People are beginning to re-enter the workforce, increasing the labor force participation rate faster than the job creation rate.

Wow! That's some amazing spin. The workforce is expanding because there are more people who can work.

No, you just don't understand the origin of the data.

The workforce is expanding because people who formerly quit looking for work are now deciding to start looking again.

That's like saying government spending is going down right after it was run up beyond any proposal or prediction. It's spin.

No, it's not spin. it's fact. it's the definition of recovery.

If you agree that Bush's failure to implement policy was the hallmark of his presidency I can agree that the concept of his policy minus a few details like not paying for anything, invading Iraq. or un needed tax breaks for the super wealthy etc ...were basically sound.
Your argument then is The Obama's success is found in the sound policies of GWB.
:lol:

Interesting, then, that you believe The Obama a success, as He is not "paying" for anything and forced the Democrats to extend the "unneeded tax breaks for the super wealthy".

It's -amazing- the desperate lengths you people will go to in order to defend your Secular Messiah.

All presidents successes and failures are affected by their predecessors. I don't think the tax breaks for the ultra wealthy was Obama's idea. I get it that many people that call themselves republicans hate Obama. I tend to support a sitting president unless he gives me cause not to. I don't share the conclusion that he has "ruined everything". I see it more like he boarded a ship that had been run up on the rocks and was then rapidly sinking. The American public threw the captain(his party) and crew off the boat and somehow the new crew managed to keep the ship afloat..barely.. I don't see how that characterization makes me an Obamabot. I'm just glad the ship has not gone to the bottom. Does THAT make me a flaming Obamabot?

I have no idea how one could so misinterpret my post as to think I was cheering 9% unemployment. Please read it again.

You have very favorable remarks about the economy

No, I had some factual statement about the economy. It's in recovery. That's not a disputable proposition, it's a fact of economics.

It's not a great recovery, we're not in good shape economically. But the fact remains that we are in recovery, jobs are being created and consumers are beginning to spend again.

Yes, it is disputable.
A Double Dip Recession May Be Inevitable - 24/7 Wall St.
Thank you for saving my prediction of the economy in November 2012. I really do hope I'm wrong; however, I believe this "so called recovery is nothing but a dead cat bounce".

Housing is no where near the bottom. Remember that this recession was caused by a housing boom and bust. As long as there is an over supply of houses, prices will fall and foreclosures will continue. This will have an impact on institutions that finance housing.

Inflation is unavoidable. The dollar will fall and commodities will rise. Since March 2006, M3, that is no longer reported by the FED, has grown by nearly $4 trillion. Since there is no increase in the demand for dollars, the increase in the supply will create inflation.

All presidents successes and failures are affected by their predecessors.
You are arguing that The Obama is a success because He propoerly implemented the policies of GWB - the very policies He ran against.

I don't think the tax breaks for the ultra wealthy was Obama's idea
Irrelevant -- He went back on His campaign platform point and -forced- the Democrats to extend the "unneeded tax breaks for the super wealthy".

Last edited:
You have very favorable remarks about the economy

No, I had some factual statement about the economy. It's in recovery. That's not a disputable proposition, it's a fact of economics.

It's not a great recovery, we're not in good shape economically. But the fact remains that we are in recovery, jobs are being created and consumers are beginning to spend again.

Yes, it is disputable.
A Double Dip Recession May Be Inevitable - 24/7 Wall St.

No, it's not disputable. A double-dip recession doesn't preclude a recovery - in fact, one component of a double-dip recession is a period of recovery.

Housing is no where near the bottom. Remember that this recession was caused by a housing boom and bust. As long as there is an over supply of houses, prices will fall and foreclosures will continue. This will have an impact on institutions that finance housing.

The current decline in housing is over-rated as a deterrent to growth. While it negatively impacts spending related to the wealth effect and retards construction, neither of those are a major impact on the economy as a whole and I'd prefer we not get out of our malaise by borrowing against home values again.

Home construction and its portion of durable goods growth has never contributed more than about 1% to GDP growth.

And the current decline in value means that people currently purchasing homes have more disposable income.

Inflation is unavoidable.

People have been predicting this since 1934.

The dollar will fall and commodities will rise. Since March 2006, M3, that is no longer reported by the FED, has grown by nearly $4 trillion.
I don't know where you're getting that information, but the M3 skyrocketed prior to the recession (as could be expected) and actually shrank significantly during the end of the recession (as could be expected).

In the end, neither the steep increase in the MB nor the (purely expected) increase in the m3 prior to the recession proved inflationary. That's because velocity has fallen off a cliff.

Since there is no increase in the demand for dollars, the increase in the supply will create inflation.

no, you need an increase in demand for dollars in order to provoke inflation (shown as an increase in velocity) As it stands, those dollars are sidelined - the primary demand for dollars at the moment is strictly as a store of value.

I don't see it as republican against democrat because both sides have proven they generally have the same plan. Government power. That's all both sides want.

Maybe for different reasons and in different areas of government power but the government is addicted to power.

Even though the democrats blasted bush's policies, they've done little to change them because the policies bring power to the American government.

I want the power in the hands of the American people not the lying cheating thugs in Washington.

I don't see it as republican against democrat because both sides have proven they generally have the same plan. Government power. That's all both sides want.

Maybe for different reasons and in different areas of government power but the government is addicted to power.

Even though the democrats blasted bush's policies, they've done little to change them because the policies bring power to the American government.

I want the power in the hands of the American people not the lying cheating thugs in Washington.

What form of government do you favor?

Forum List

Back