Obama must fail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, May 8, 2011.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471
    After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
    Repeal DADT
    Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
    Economic Stimulus
    Financial Reform
    Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    And look where we are: Inflation, high unemployment, high gas prices, massive debt.

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted Obama to fail [/sarcasm]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,057
    Obama Deficits> Entire Reagan Budgets

Gas $4

Unemployment 9%

USA AAA Credit rating sails off into the sunset

and potential Republican 2012 lineup looks like the 1927 Yankees

4. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471
    Republicans are going to have to convince America that they are miserable. Both Reagan and Bush proved that Americans don't care about deficits. They also proved that the way to get out of an economic crisis is deficit spending

Gas has spiked due to the middle east revolutions. The price of a barrel of oil dropped 15% last week and is back under $100.

Unemployment is trending downward and we are adding 200,000 plus jobs a month. Once again, it comes down to misery. A 7 percent or 8 percent unemployment rate does not matter to people if they, themselves have a job

5. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471

1927 Yankees???

You mean the Republican candidates are dead and buried? I wouldn't have phrased it that way,....but I agree

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Ironic isn't it he's completely Failed and we haven't had to bother making him fail

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  7. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,471
    Thanks Robert

I forgot the other key Republican strategy. Take whatever Obama has accomplished and scream FAIL before it has even taken effect. It works with Fox News viewers, but real voters look at it and say....are you fucking kidding me?

When are the Republicans going to list their accomplishments over the last four years? How about the last ten years?

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  8. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    And these are the things that you think Obama should run his campaign on? Oh I hope he does. I really hope he does.....

9. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Your welcome I thought it was completely appropriate to point out the simple fact. I suppose its a bit redundant I mean after all by your logic he would either be setup to fail or he would fail which he did either way as history will accord he failed

10. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Dems? Reps?

they're all plutocrats cloaked in averge Joe* rhetoric imho

*with appologies to Ave Joe

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3