Obama must fail

I love this denial! The private sector has created well over a million jobs in the past year, with 700,000+ in the last three months alone. The economy has grown in each of the past five quarters. Inflation is still at or below targets. Consumer spending is on a slow rebound.

But of course, that's not a recovery because...well, because conservatives can't allow a recovery. They need gloom and doom in order to win. What's good for America is bad for conservatives.

Notice how I do not quote you out of context. Please afford me the same courtesy.

I quoted your entire paragraph.

Yes.

I invest in both stocks and real estate. As I stated in my original post, the dollar has been falling. That's why commodities where so high. They have fallen because of a dollar short squeeze. They are going to climb again. The dollar will fall, it has to. The government has printed way too many dollars. Inflation is caused by deficit spending and we have a lot of it. The federal reserve will have to raise interest rates and that is by like throwing the breaks on the economy. Unemployment will increase, a lot.

With the monetary base expanding by double and the broader measures barely moving - or declining - I don't think we need to be concerned about inflation at the moment. quite the opposite, in fact. The Fed has made it clear that it won't touch interest rates for at least the next 6 months and it certainly won't take steps towards normalized rates until job creation is significant and stable.

By November 2012, unemployment will be double digits. Gas will be $8.00 per gallon. Silver will be $150 per oz. The Dow will be under 6000. We won't elect Obama to deliver the mail.

I'm gonna store this little prediction away, just in case you're still around in November of 2012.

You're an evil investor and yet you support Obamush. Somehow I just don't believe you.

I love this denial! The private sector has created well over a million jobs in the past year, with 700,000+ in the last three months alone. The economy has grown in each of the past five quarters. Inflation is still at or below targets. Consumer spending is on a slow rebound.

But of course, that's not a recovery because...well, because conservatives can't allow a recovery. They need gloom and doom in order to win. What's good for America is bad for conservatives.

You're honestly cheering 9% unemployment?

I have no idea how one could so misinterpret my post as to think I was cheering 9% unemployment. Please read it again.

You have very favorable remarks about the economy and you sarcastically stated that it wasn't a recovery because "conservatives can't allow a recovery," both implying that you think this economy is recovering. This conservative would love a recovery but as long as unemployment is so high I cannot at all call it that. It has nothing to do with my political views, it has everything to do with the trend, the policies, the predictions made by those who advocated those policies, and the results.

15jzp5.gif

There is no possible way that going from 7.8% in January 2009 to 9% in April 2011 can be considered a "recovery."

Last edited:
You're an evil investor and yet you support Obamush. Somehow I just don't believe you.

You're an idiot but you can still type in complete sentences. Somehow I just don't believe it.

My portfolio is worth about 40% more than when Obama took office. His administration has been very, very good to my "evil" investments.

Quote:
By November 2012, unemployment will be double digits. Gas will be $8.00 per gallon. Silver will be $150 per oz. The Dow will be under 6000. We won't elect Obama to deliver the mail.
I'm gonna store this little prediction away, just in case you're still around in November of 2012.

It must be true....Glenn Beck says the same thing all the time

These dire predictions have been made since Obama took office and are part of the "Obama must fail" strategy

It is easy to say he failed when you make up future numbers

A valid point about predictions:

15jzp5.gif

You're honestly cheering 9% unemployment?

I have no idea how one could so misinterpret my post as to think I was cheering 9% unemployment. Please read it again.

You have very favorable remarks about the economy

No, I had some factual statement about the economy. It's in recovery. That's not a disputable proposition, it's a fact of economics.

It's not a great recovery, we're not in good shape economically. But the fact remains that we are in recovery, jobs are being created and consumers are beginning to spend again.

You're an idiot but you can still type in complete sentences. Somehow I just don't believe it.

My portfolio is worth about 40% more than when Obama took office. His administration has been very, very good to my "evil" investments.

You're an evil investor, The one Obamush wants to take money from and spread it around?

How about those investors from GM I bet they really love Obamush.

Obama is already a dismal failure. His greatest moment as President will be when he moves out of the
White House so somebody else can move in there - hopefully somebody that has a clue as to what it takes to run this country.

You're an evil investor, The one Obamush wants to take money from and spread it around?

Yes, anyone dumb enough to become an equity investor in GM lost their shirt.

That's whats supposed to happen when you purchase ownership in a company and that company goes bankrupt. Sucks to be them. GM's collapse was not Obama's fault.

That's whats supposed to happen when you purchase ownership in a company and that company goes bankrupt. Sucks to be them. GM's collapse was not Obama's fault.

How can you as an investor support someone who you know wants to take your hard earned money away and give it to someone else under the guise of social equality?

How can you as an investor support someone who you know wants to take your hard earned money away and give it to someone else under the guise of social equality?

Eh...what? Obama has recommended increasing the capital gains tax by a few points - back to rates that existed during some of our nation's most prosperous years. That's not exactly taking my hard-earned money away.

And no ones "taking it away" if it's invested.

You have very favorable remarks about the economy

No, I had some factual statement about the economy. It's in recovery. That's not a disputable proposition, it's a fact of economics.

Going from 7.8% to 9% in 15 months is not a recovery.

It's not a great recovery, we're not in good shape economically. But the fact remains that we are in recovery, jobs are being created and consumers are beginning to spend again.

The amount of jobs being created is not keeping pace with the expanding workforce. That signifies that this is not a recovery.

Notice how I do not quote you out of context. Please afford me the same courtesy.

I quoted your entire paragraph.

Yes.

I invest in both stocks and real estate. As I stated in my original post, the dollar has been falling. That's why commodities where so high. They have fallen because of a dollar short squeeze. They are going to climb again. The dollar will fall, it has to. The government has printed way too many dollars. Inflation is caused by deficit spending and we have a lot of it. The federal reserve will have to raise interest rates and that is by like throwing the breaks on the economy. Unemployment will increase, a lot.

With the monetary base expanding by double and the broader measures barely moving - or declining - I don't think we need to be concerned about inflation at the moment. quite the opposite, in fact. The Fed has made it clear that it won't touch interest rates for at least the next 6 months and it certainly won't take steps towards normalized rates until job creation is significant and stable.

Investors, like any other Americans have to pay taxes.

It is the Republicans who insist on record debt while we cut the taxes for billionaires

Going from 7.8% to 9% in 15 months is not a recovery.

Going from 10.1 to 9 is.

The unemployment rate 15 months ago was not 7.8 - it was 9.8
The amount of jobs being created is not keeping pace with the expanding workforce. That signifies that this is not a recovery.

The workforce is expanding because jobs are being created. People are beginning to re-enter the workforce, increasing the labor force participation rate faster than the job creation rate.

And it's a recovery by definition - the economy has grown for five straight quarters.

Well it looks like the Republicans are starting to show their faces and try to do more than their "Obama must fail" tactic. They are starting to pass some bills through the House and now must actually run on some of their decisions

Biggest blunder so far was their attack on Medicare. Trashing a program that older Americans rely on to save their lives and using the money saved to give the wealthy further tax cuts will not bode well

Their second biggest blunder was the attack on Americas workers. The blatant attempt to deny workers collective bargaining rights will result in further voter backlash

Republican attacks on student aid will also not bode well with younger voters as they see their opportunities to achievethe American Dream disappear

Eh...what? Obama has recommended increasing the capital gains tax by a few points - back to rates that existed during some of our nation's most prosperous years. That's not exactly taking my hard-earned money away.

And no ones "taking it away" if it's invested.

OH I get it now you're one of those investors who thinks Obamush is not going to take your money from you. I'm done can't argue with logic that you have.

They haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in a lot longer than that. Obama has done a lot since taking office. 135 of his campaign promises have been kept. That's pretty impressive. What HAS the GnOP done in the last few years?

Talk about crickets...

What drones like you consider "noteworthy" is what rational people find horrifying.
....Kinda like the term "accomplishments", when attached to Hitler.

:eusa_whistle:

Yep when was the last time a president had a program this big going to the Supreme court?

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit on Tuesday will hear two cases that challenge the constitutionality of the law’s requirement that all Americans have health insurance. It’s an important moment. The cases — one brought by Virginia and the other by Liberty University in Lynchburg — are the first to advance from federal district courts to the appeals level, possibly the last stop before the Supreme Court.
Congress.org - News : Health care hearing awaited
Yeah....let's hear it for good ol' Virginny.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90z0PMnKwI]YouTube - George Allen introduces Macaca[/ame]

(Thanks!! for the opener SFC Ollie!! No harm givin' George Allen's up-coming campaign a "boost"! )

532.gif

Last edited:
The Obama ran against everything GWB did - He advertised Himself as "change" from the failed policies of GWB.

And so, what has The Obama done since taking office?
Continued, if not expanded, just about every one of those policies.

If GWB was a terrible President because of those policies, it is impossible to escape the conclusion that, The Obama, by continuing and expanding those polices, is worse.

Forum List

Back