Obama must fail

Obama has accomplished more legislatively in two years than either Bush in three terms

Hitler accomplished a lot in 2 years too. He annexed Czechoslovakia and Austria. He invaded Poland, France and Greece and he bombed Coventry into rubble, and that was all by the end of 1940!

Obama's "accomplishments" are all in a similar vein. The less he "accomplishes" the better.

They haven't accomplished anything noteworthy in a lot longer than that. Obama has done a lot since taking office. 135 of his campaign promises have been kept. That's pretty impressive. What HAS the GnOP done in the last few years?

Talk about crickets...

What drones like you consider "noteworthy" is what rational people find horrifying.

Yep when was the last time a president had a program this big going to the Supreme court?

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit on Tuesday will hear two cases that challenge the constitutionality of the law’s requirement that all Americans have health insurance. It’s an important moment. The cases — one brought by Virginia and the other by Liberty University in Lynchburg — are the first to advance from federal district courts to the appeals level, possibly the last stop before the Supreme Court.
Congress.org - News : Health care hearing awaited

Obama has accomplished more legislatively in two years than either Bush in three terms

Hitler accomplished a lot in 2 years too. He annexed Czechoslovakia and Austria. He invaded Poland, France and Greece and he bombed Coventry into rubble, and that was all by the end of 1940!

Obama's "accomplishments" are all in a similar vein. The less he "accomplishes" the better.

Wow...

That's quite a unique analogy. Did you work it up yourself or get it from a rightwing hate site?

That's seriously ridiculous.

Most that have a job don't care about a 8% or 9% inflation rate. When it climbs and it will, everyone will care, especially in November 2012. You seem to think we are in a recovery, I know we are not.

I love this denial! The private sector has created well over a million jobs in the past year, with 700,000+ in the last three months alone. The economy has grown in each of the past five quarters. Inflation is still at or below targets. Consumer spending is on a slow rebound.

But of course, that's not a recovery because...well, because conservatives can't allow a recovery. They need gloom and doom in order to win. What's good for America is bad for conservatives.

Notice how I do not quote you out of context. Please afford me the same courtesy.

Are you an investor? I invest in both stocks and real estate. As I stated in my original post, the dollar has been falling. That's why commodities where so high. They have fallen because of a dollar short squeeze. They are going to climb again. The dollar will fall, it has to. The government has printed way too many dollars. Inflation is caused by deficit spending and we have a lot of it. The federal reserve will have to raise interest rates and that is by like throwing the breaks on the economy. Unemployment will increase, a lot.

Housing Has fallen ever since the termination of the first time homeowners credit. In the last six month my business has doubled. Housing is no where near the bottom.

By November 2012, unemployment will be double digits. Gas will be $8.00 per gallon. Silver will be $150 per oz. The Dow will be under 6000. We won't elect Obama to deliver the mail.

I am not saying this entire mess is the Presidents fault. It is the accumulation of government interference in the market for over fifty years. Voters do tend to blame the sitting President when things go wrong. This is not a political issue for me, it is just reality. You cannot fix the economy by creating more debt. All they have done is fix one problem, by creating a bigger one.

Most that have a job don't care about a 8% or 9% inflation rate. When it climbs and it will, everyone will care, especially in November 2012. You seem to think we are in a recovery, I know we are not.

I love this denial! The private sector has created well over a million jobs in the past year, with 700,000+ in the last three months alone. The economy has grown in each of the past five quarters. Inflation is still at or below targets. Consumer spending is on a slow rebound.

But of course, that's not a recovery because...well, because conservatives can't allow a recovery. They need gloom and doom in order to win. What's good for America is bad for conservatives.

Notice how I do not quote you out of context. Please afford me the same courtesy.

Are you an investor? I invest in both stocks and real estate. As I stated in my original post, the dollar has been falling. That's why commodities where so high. They have fallen because of a dollar short squeeze. They are going to climb again. The dollar will fall, it has to. The government has printed way too many dollars. Inflation is caused by deficit spending and we have a lot of it. The federal reserve will have to raise interest rates and that is by like throwing the breaks on the economy. Unemployment will increase, a lot.

Housing Has fallen ever since the termination of the first time homeowners credit. In the last six month my business has doubled. Housing is no where near the bottom.

By November 2012, unemployment will be double digits. Gas will be $8.00 per gallon. Silver will be $150 per oz. The Dow will be under 6000. We won't elect Obama to deliver the mail.

I am not saying this entire mess is the Presidents fault. It is the accumulation of government interference in the market for over fifty years. Voters do tend to blame the sitting President when things go wrong. This is not a political issue for me, it is just reality. You cannot fix the economy by creating more debt. All they have done is fix one problem, by creating a bigger one.

You're an investor?

Gas at 8 bucks a gallon in 2012?

Seriously?:lol:

Republicans are going to have to convince America that they are miserable. Both Reagan and Bush proved that Americans don't care about deficits. They also proved that the way to get out of an economic crisis is deficit spending

Gas has spiked due to the middle east revolutions. The price of a barrel of oil dropped 15% last week and is back under $100.

Unemployment is trending downward and we are adding 200,000 plus jobs a month. Once again, it comes down to misery. A 7 percent or 8 percent unemployment rate does not matter to people if they, themselves have a job

Gas spiked because investors, like me, buy commodities. We do this because the dollar is falling. Last week when the dollar started a rally-- we sold, causing the price of oil, gold and silver to fall.

Unemployment is currently climbing.

The middle east revolutions are cause by fifty percent unemployment and severe inflation. Food was costing the average family 30% of their take home income. When things get that bad here, we might do the same.

That's because greedy-pricks like you are an aberration o' the people who built this country; risk-takers who weren't afraid of The Future.

A lotta people wonder how you managed your transition to dry land....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgrOK_831DY]YouTube - Sea Lamprey[/ame]​

I am an investor. Don't you dare preach to me about risk. I take a risk every time I buy a stock and every time I buy a house. The only risk you take is being fired from your mediocre job. I run a business and that's much harder than any job I have ever had.

Will someone please tell me how to put this child on ignore.

You're an investor?

Gas at 8 bucks a gallon in 2012?

Seriously?:lol:

You'll see

And look where we are: Inflation, high unemployment, high gas prices, massive debt.

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted Obama to fail [/sarcasm]

Republicans are going to have to convince America that they are miserable. Both Reagan and Bush proved that Americans don't care about deficits. They also proved that the way to get out of an economic crisis is deficit spending

Gas has spiked due to the middle east revolutions. The price of a barrel of oil dropped 15% last week and is back under $100.

Unemployment is trending downward and we are adding 200,000 plus jobs a month. Once again, it comes down to misery. A 7 percent or 8 percent unemployment rate does not matter to people if they, themselves have a job

Even Obama can't spin himself out of reality... ya know, $5 gas, inflation, 35,000,000 unemployed, $14,000,000,000,000 debt Obamacare, housing crash (again), bailouts, etc., etc., etc.

He's toast.

Gas spiked because investors, like me, buy commodities. We do this because the dollar is falling. Last week when the dollar started a rally-- we sold, causing the price of oil, gold and silver to fall.

Unemployment is currently climbing.

The middle east revolutions are cause by fifty percent unemployment and severe inflation. Food was costing the average family 30% of their take home income. When things get that bad here, we might do the same.

That's because greedy-pricks like you are an aberration o' the people who built this country; risk-takers who weren't afraid of The Future.

A lotta people wonder how you managed your transition to dry land....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgrOK_831DY]YouTube - Sea Lamprey[/ame]​

I am an investor. Don't you dare preach to me about risk. I take a risk every time I buy a stock and every time I buy a house. The only risk you take is being fired from your mediocre job. I run a business and that's much harder than any job I have ever had.

Will someone please tell me how to put this child on ignore.

Quick Links > User Control Panel > Edit Ignore list

Do it, it's a breath of fresh air. Sheman is an idiot.

You're welcome.

After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

Oh snap!

I mean the heavy hitters (Christy and Rubio running away because Christy thinks he is a chalupa) are waiting till 2016. They stand a better chance. I mean yeah gas prices are high but it was wrong to assume that a president can have control over a marketplace. All it means to me is that they need to focus research on alternative energy. That means making the oil companies that get government money to focus that money to alternative energy.

After Obama was elected, that was the stated strategy of the GOP. Basically, do everything you could to prevent Obama from acquiring a resume that would lead to his reelection. This included smear campaigns, delays, filibusters and whatever Fox News could spit out.

How has it worked? Well, in the first two years, the Democrats controlled Congress. they were able to pass:

Obamacare
Repeal DADT
Reduce nuclear weapons by one third
Economic Stimulus
Financial Reform
Credit card reform

In addition, Obama did as he promised and redirected the war on terror from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Drone attacks are up and the number of terrorist targets eliminated are up substantially

In 2010, the Republicans took control of the House and gloated that they would now be able to block Obama from accomplishing anything in his last two years. How did it work out?

Obama hit a home run in killing Bin laden and now has captured intelligence to mop up Al Qaida operatives. He also begins withdrawals from Afghanistan and Iraq. He correctly positioned the US in a backup role in Libya and has allowed NATO forces to bear the load.

Now the GOP is stuck with no viable candidates for President and must show the voters what the GOP has accomplished in the last four years

You are truly out of your fucking mind! The GOP doesn't have to show what it has accomplished in the last four years because THEY didn't control the House, Senate and White House for those four years! DEMOCRATS controlled both houses of Congress since 2006 until six months ago when they lost control of the House but still control the Senate and White House. Obama's last two years haven't even happened yet -the new House was only sworn in four months ago -so how IS that working out? So why you would think the 2012 election would somehow be a referendum on the out of power party is quite a mystery frankly. For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats didn't need a single Republican vote to ram down our throats anything and everything they wanted which is not only what they did -but why spending SKYROCKETED to the point we actually face financial collapse! Spending rose 25% in just the FIRST YEAR of Obama's term and another 25% his second year! That is what happens when there are no brakes put on Democrats and why they lost control of the House last year! Americans are pissed off at what DEMOCRATS have done to us, not what Republicans haven't even had the power to stop them from doing! The notion that the out of power party has to show what THEY have accomplished when they didn't have the power to even put on any brakes on the Democrats' spending spree until just six months ago is ludicrous! But oh SO typical of leftist mentality! Sorry to break the news to you -but Democrats have to DEFEND what they have done to this country in the next election! The 2012 election will be a referendum on OBAMA -not a referendum on the out of power party! Get real for a change.

I do wonder if you would be waxing so poetically about Obama if he had an "R" behind his name instead of a "D". ROFL Let's get real ok? Would you REALLY think if the CIA managed to find and kill bin Laden while Bush was President it somehow nullified all his policies you opposed then? Really? Then why pretend it will somehow make people forget the very real economic pain they are feeling right now and will still be feeling 1 1/2 years from now? He won't be re-elected because the CIA/Navy Seals finally found and killed bin Laden, sorry. But it does highlight again the incredibly superficial thinking process of liberals and the low opinion they have of people as to think they are so superficial they will forget all about the very real financial pain they are feeling every single day. The first Bush had a 90% approval rating for his handling of the Gulf War but couldn't get re-elected just NINE MONTHS later. Obama's approval only temporarily went up to 56% for his handling of killing bin Laden -but his approval rating for his handling of domestic issues and our economy is an abysmal 43% and didn't budge. I guess people are smart enough to be able to separate ordering the killing of a single man with the financial ruin he has caused to our economy, huh? Smarter than the average liberal apparently who thinks killing a single man wipes out the very real financial pain millions are feeling every day of their existence now thanks to Democrats and so stupid you think they are going to gladly beg Obama to give them even more pain?

Obama is THE most leftwing EXTREMIST President since Woodrow Wilson who was a horrible President. At least as leftwing as Carter, also a horrible President. And that is in addition to him still being the single most unqualified person to ever be elected to the office. No Republican in their right mind would want that man to succeed with his extremist agenda given the fact history has ALREADY and REPEATEDLY PROVED how disastrous these policies would be for a nation. There is a reason a top priority for liberals is the re-writing of history -they don't like the real history! If you know certain policies have always ended up hurting the very people you claim to want to help -then why would anyone in their right mind want someone to succeed with putting those policies in place yet again knowing full well they will hurt people??? Only liberals are stupid enough to believe trying them again will produce a totally different result -not those who oppose them because they already know what they will do to people!

And lo and behold, they turned out to be disastrous for the nation. AGAIN. Something that is apparently only a surprise to hardcore leftwingers and Obama himself. Still stupid enough to believe that given just one more chance, surely they can get them to do what they WISH they would do - instead of what they provably WILL do. Live in reality and deal with reality instead of voting for a fantasy and then refuse to evaluate your positions in the face of FAILURE!

No President has ever been re-elected to a second term when unemployment has been above 7.5%. Ours is stuck near 9% with no one suggesting it is going to budge from there anytime soon under Obama policies. In fact it is entrenched unemployment now. This is a repeat of life under Carter, proving ONCE AGAIN that these are BAD POLICIES that cause long lasting harm to our economy -and no matter how often Democrats want to pretend they are SOOO concerned about the middle class and the poor -these are actually the very people most harmed by these leftwing policies. After seeing it happen time and again, after a while you start to suspect they WANT to harm them frankly. But believe as long as they mouth the right words, suckers will eventually fall for it again. Sadly every couple of generations, we breed a bunch of dummies who need to experience it firsthand and learn the hard way.

Liberals whined when gas prices rose 10% every year while Bush was President. Gas prices rose a total of $1.30 over the course of EIGHT YEARS. And that was when they were insisting Bush was a CROOK who must be in cahoots with oil companies trying to make them all rich at our expense! The left is notoriously short on logic, intelligence and always short on facts when making those kinds of blind accusations but they are noticeably silent NOW. And they are ONLY because it is a Democrat overseeing this massive financial calamity Democrats have inflicted on us AGAIN. Oh -and oil companies will be posting their biggest profits ever -under a Democrat. NOT a Republican. Gas prices have more than DOUBLED in just two years. Imagine the contrived outrage of the left if that had happened under a Republican -but it took a Democrat. If that had happened under Bush in just two years, liberals would have been demanding a public execution of the man -so the hypocritical response of the left NOW to the dramatically faster rise in gas prices under Obama is just more proof of the moral bankruptcy and intellectual dishonesty of the left.

How do you like paying more than $4 a gallon? Oh THAT isn't hurting the middle class and poor, is it?

High gas prices affect everything you consume from heating and air conditioning costs to every bite of food you eat and every stitch of clothing you wear. The cost is always passed on to the consumer. It HAS to be passed on to the consumer otherwise the companies go under which means no one even has the option of buying their products at all anymore! When consumers cut back or outright refuse to buy the product anymore because it costs too much, it means demand for that product drops sharply. What happens inside any business when demand for their product drops oh you liberal "heavy weight thinkers"? It means Joe Smith average middle class American worker - loses his job -along with millions of others. This is an economic relationship the left cannot grasp and until they do and can face REALITY -their policies are based on FANTASY, WISHFUL THINKING and the IRRATIONAL. Obama cannot grasp it at all, once complaining publicly saying he didn't understand why companies weren't hiring when they could have their pick from so many! What a truly mindboggling testimonial with regard to highlight the fact the man is not qualified for this office and when it comes to economics is downright IGNORANT! Liberals favor the policies they do because they sound "touchy-feely", because if it sounds touchy-feely it makes them feel better about themselves as they tell themselves how "caring" they are even in the face of the most economic destructive leftwing policies they will support to the bitter end -for no reason but the fact it has the right sounding TITLE!

YOU proved that again by listing Obama's so-called "economic stimulus" as if it is a POSITIVE! Unbelievable -but again, you are out of your fucking mind! First off all there was no "stimulus" from that stimulus. IT FAILED. But it has such a nice, touchy feely title to it doesn't it? Aw. Would you still think that was something that we should all believe the President should be applauded for and re-elected -if a Republican President had implemented this $780 billion boondoggle of a total failure? BE HONEST -because only political HACKS are even trying to defend this one anymore. Every legitimate economist agrees it was a FAILURE.

His "promise" regarding Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan is phony. Bush handed him a fait accompli with regard to Iraq -all he had to do was not screw it up. Bush handed him a viable game plan for Afghanistan before he left and it is one he spent MONTHS agonizing and diddling over because the man has NO EXPERIENCE! That proved right there he was unfit for the office to many people. What is it you liberals don't get about the job and want to think a fucking community organizer is qualified to set foreign policy and even run a fucking war? The man had ZERO relevant experience! Zero. And it shows. THIS is what we got because people like you convinced enough people to elect a totally unqualified person in the first place!!

Obama will not be elected because he doesn't deserve it. And sorry you didn't name a single relevant "accomplishment" that will change that. Obama's approval rating for his handling of killing bin Laden was 56% -but his approval rating for his handling of domestic issues and our economy is an abysmal 43% and didn't change one bit as the result of the bin Laden's killing. Which certainly highlights the fact American people are much smarter than liberals give them credit -and obviously VERY capable of distinguishing between killing of a single man and the very real, very deep economic pain they feel every single day of their life now. Pain that has only INCREASED as the result of the radical leftwing policies of Obama and Democrats. The problem for stupid liberals is the fact they can't bring themselves to face reality, will use any subterfuge and every twisted lie to avoid facing the FACT these policies have once again proven to be FAILURES. And no amount of wishful thinking that surely one more time will produce a different outcome -it didn't. It never will. The fantasy loving left cannot bring themselves to occupy space in this dimension though and refuse to ever re-evaluate their LOSER POLICIES. Polices they love and push and favor because they just sound so warm and fuzzy and touchy-feely which to them is far more important than what they DO to real people. And real people get HURT by them, always have and always will. The people claiming to be the most caring are in reality the most superficial and actually applaud themselves for their superficiality.

Seriously I'd rather be dead than be a liberal. Obama will not be re-elected because his only answer to the massive increase in misery his policies wrought -is to double down on them. Anyone who supports this man for re-election is beyond stupid and probably a danger to themselves. Gas prices are just one of several reason he won't be re-elected but it is the one that is shoved in people's faces day in and day out as a nasty reminder.

The Causes and Effects of High Gas Prices

That's seriously ridiculous.

Not at all. Obama is wrecking this country. Everyone one of his so-called "accomplishments" is just another swing of the wrecking ball.

Why would any rational person approve?

And look where we are: Inflation, high unemployment, high gas prices, massive debt.

I can't imagine why anyone would have wanted Obama to fail [/sarcasm]

Republicans are going to have to convince America that they are miserable.

No one has to convince them their wallets are a great indicator.

You're honestly cheering 9% unemployment?

I have no idea how one could so misinterpret my post as to think I was cheering 9% unemployment. Please read it again.

I quoted your entire paragraph.

Are you an investor?

Yes.

I invest in both stocks and real estate. As I stated in my original post, the dollar has been falling. That's why commodities where so high. They have fallen because of a dollar short squeeze. They are going to climb again. The dollar will fall, it has to. The government has printed way too many dollars. Inflation is caused by deficit spending and we have a lot of it. The federal reserve will have to raise interest rates and that is by like throwing the breaks on the economy. Unemployment will increase, a lot.

With the monetary base expanding by double and the broader measures barely moving - or declining - I don't think we need to be concerned about inflation at the moment. quite the opposite, in fact. The Fed has made it clear that it won't touch interest rates for at least the next 6 months and it certainly won't take steps towards normalized rates until job creation is significant and stable.

I'm gonna store this little prediction away, just in case you're still around in November of 2012.

Quote:
I'm gonna store this little prediction away, just in case you're still around in November of 2012.

It must be true....Glenn Beck says the same thing all the time

These dire predictions have been made since Obama took office and are part of the "Obama must fail" strategy

It is easy to say he failed when you make up future numbers

Forum List

Back