Obama mocks GOP, jokes they want "border moat, alligators"

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Obama mocks GOP, jokes they want border moat

Obama said. "But even though we've answered these concerns, I gotta say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time."

"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said mockingly to laughter from the crowd. "Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat."

Obama mocks GOP, jokes they want border moat - CBS News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJVGP0OPLc]YouTube - Obama Laughs at Border Security: 'Maybe They'll Want a Moat... Alligators'[/ame]

Obama's line about alligators on the border draws fire

Obama's line about alligators on the border draws fire - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obama's just confusing Border Security with DHS Napolitano's TSA boobs. I had to brave the gator moat to catch a United flight out of Chicago just last week.

illegals in this country sucking off the entitlement tit is costing all the hard working people that pay taxes. What wrong with not wanting the illegals here?
Nothing
It the shit stains way of acting like a juvenile instead of just dealing with the issue ... after all it is campaign time STILL

Well? Don't they?

Obama slammed over jokes about 'moats' and 'alligators' in immigration speech... by border residents forced to leave homes

Residents of an Arizona town who fled their homes because of a massive fire say they are outraged at Obama’s claims to have secured the Mexican border.

Hundreds of people evacuated their homes in Portal because of the fire that is suspected to have been started by illegal immigrants in the drug and human smuggling corridor, 50 miles north of the Mexico border.

The residents, many of whom have been staying in refugee centres, said they were sickened at Obama’s jokes about Republicans wanting alligators and moats on the border in an immigration speech in Texas.

Read more: Obama slammed by Horseshoe Canyon fire victims over moats and alligator jokes | Mail Online

Most Republicans would support it

You're probably right. Many Dems would also.

What was the point of his address?

Was he trying to to be post partisan? Was he trying to mend disagreements between racial factions? Was he trying to be the arbiter of good feelings and build bridges between the various components of this society?

Was he trying to drive a wedge into an already sensitive issue? Was he trying to divide the population? Was he trying to create yet another us/them pardigm to foster and grow hate?

If his policies were working, his perpetual campaign to get re-elected would not be needed. It also would not be so annoying.

CaféAuLait;3640012 said:

Obama said. "But even though we've answered these concerns, I gotta say I suspect there are still going to be some who are trying to move the goal posts on us one more time."

"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said mockingly to laughter from the crowd. "Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJVGP0OPLc"]YouTube - Obama Laughs at Border Security: 'Maybe They'll Want a Moat... Alligators'[/ame]

Obama's line about alligators on the border draws fire - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

That's not too far off the mark considering that I've heard some conservatives say that they don't even like water stations being left in the desert which are only meant to keep people from possibly dying of thirst/dehydration (a HORRIBLE way to die, by the way) because they think it encourages people to make the attempt to cross the border.

Additionally, pushing for the expulsion of all current illegal resident aliens before any kind of path to citizenship is considered is another extreme (not to mention both impractical and unworkable) proposed solution.

At some point, the GOP better figure out that demographics are working against them being primarily a political party of WASPs.

this is community organizer stuff. this is what he called for; " I’m going to do my part to lead a constructive and civil debate on these issues.” his words.

Even the GAO says the border is not under control, please.

He made a promise, first year in office he'd do comprehensive immigration reform, he didn't. He had a supra majority, they could have enacted the dream act at the least but, they didn't...now he's making up ground as hes bleeding Hispanic votes.

And it goes further back, Obama in 2005 impeded the original McCain- Ted Kennedy immigration bill because, surprise surprise, he introduced amendments to bounce the guest worker prgm. numbers lower and lower, because...drum roll please, the afl-cio wanted him to.

deep down he doesn't want a deal, he just wants the credit for beating up anyone he can paint as opposed as......racist...and grab votes, becasue you know, hes the only who cares.....:lol:

Hes doing the same to Hispanics what the dems have done for decades to blacks, the old bait and switch, vote for me and 'll get to you, only he never really gets to them, becasue, he really doesn't want to.

They serve a better purpose as a problem unresolved than solved.

Next case.

Last edited:
Obama's just confusing Border Security with DHS Napolitano's TSA boobs. I had to brave the gator moat to catch a United flight out of Chicago just last week.

Judge Napolitano is heavy but to comment on his boobs? Really?

CaféAuLait;3640012 said:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJVGP0OPLc"]YouTube - Obama Laughs at Border Security: 'Maybe They'll Want a Moat... Alligators'[/ame]

That's not too far off the mark considering that I've heard some conservatives say that they don't even like water stations being left in the desert which are only meant to keep people from possibly dying of thirst/dehydration (a HORRIBLE way to die, by the way) because they think it encourages people to make the attempt to cross the border.

Additionally, pushing for the expulsion of all current illegal resident aliens before any kind of path to citizenship is considered is another extreme (not to mention both impractical and unworkable) proposed solution.

At some point, the GOP better figure out that demographics are working against them being primarily a political party of WASPs.

build a 12 ft. wall, and they will build a 13 ft ladder.

I like when they find tunels that have working for years. They find starbucks, very clean bathrooms and auto dealers down there. :)

hello

Demagoguery 101

By Charles Krauthammer, Published: May 12

“I’m going to do my part to lead a constructive and civil debate on these issues.”

— Barack Obama, speech on immigration, El Paso, May 10

Constructive and civil debate — like the one Obama initiated just four weeks ago on deficit reduction? The speech in which he accused the Republicans of abandoning families of autistic and Down syndrome kids? The debate in which Obama’s secretary of health and human services said that the Republican Medicare plan would make old folks “die sooner”?

snip-

Accordingly, the El Paso speech featured two other staples: the breathtaking invention and the statistical sleight of hand.

“The [border] fence is now basically complete,” asserted the president. Complete? There are now 350 miles of pedestrian fencing along the Mexican border. The border is 1,954 miles long. That’s 18 percent. And only one-tenth of that 18 percent is the double and triple fencing that has proved so remarkably effective in, for example, the Yuma sector. Another 299 miles — 15 percent — are vehicle barriers that pedestrians can walk right through.

Obama then boasted that on his watch 31 percent more drugs have been seized, 64 percent more weapons — proof of how he has secured the border. And for more proof: Apprehension of illegal immigrants is down 40 percent. Down? Indeed, says Obama, this means that fewer people are trying to cross the border.

Interesting logic. Seizures of drugs and guns go up — proof of effective border control. Seizures of people go down — yet more proof of effective border control. Up or down, it matters not. Whatever the numbers, Obama vindicates himself.

You can believe this flimflam or you can believe the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office. The GAO reported in February that less than half the border is under “operational control” of the government. Which undermines the entire premise of Obama’s charge that, because the border is effectively secure, “Republicans who said they supported broader reform as long as we got serious about enforcement” didn’t really mean it.

more at-
Demagoguery 101 - The Washington Post

Drove up Interstate 5 today to Santa Ana...the border checkpoint was still closed. Why closed you may ask? Because Congressman Issa complained that it make traffic back up and was an inconvenience.

Forum List

Back