Obama Meets With Clinton

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
June 5, 2008, 9:11 pm
Obama and Clinton Meet in Washington
By Jeff Zeleny

Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton held a private meeting tonight at her home on Whitehaven Street in Washington, a session initiated by Mrs. Clinton after a daylong series of talks between their aides.
Mr. Obama, who was scheduled to fly back to Chicago tonight following a rally in northern Virginia, stayed behind in Washington to meet with his former rival. He shed his campaign plane — and the traveling press corps and entourage — to see Mrs. Clinton.

*more*

Obama and Clinton Meet in Washington - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

she had to cave if she wanted any kind of political future. i'm okay with it.

Typically liberal.

Somebody has to be VP. Why not her as a pit bull!

works for me. :razz:

Might make a good soundbyte, but the reality of the situation dictates otherwise.

But you said it yourself: "Why not her as pit bull?" That makes HIM look weak.

Obama would be a fool to do it, as I said previously, and anyone that thinks Hillary is going to play second chair after having been heir apparent to the thrown in the DNC for the past 7 years needs to lay off the bong.

Y'all would destroy yourselves and your party down the road just to claim victory now, IF you can even do that.

works for me. :razz:

i really don't see it happening, but time will tell... i think she could serve just as well as the senior senator from new york. especially in light of senator kennedy's medical condition, she will become much needed...

Typically liberal.

Might make a good soundbyte, but the reality of the situation dictates otherwise.

Obama would be a fool to do it, as I said previously, and anyone that thinks Hillary is going to play second chair after having been heir apparent to the thrown in the DNC for the past 7 years needs to lay off the bong.

Y'all would destroy yourselves and your party down the road just to claim victory now, IF you can even do that.

The VP candidate is always supposed to be pitbull while the presidential candidate is supposed to take the high road. i think it suits their personalities perfectly, actually. she might want something else, though. i think Hillary clinton is smart enough to assess her options and pick the one that benefits her most. i also think she's one of the toughest people i've ever seen.

Typically liberal.

i think you're probably right about that...

The VP candidate is always supposed to be pitbull while the presidential candidate is supposed to take the high road. i think it suits there personalities perfectly, actually. she might want something else, though. i think Hillary clinton is smart enough to assess her options and pick the one that benefits her most. i also think she's one of the toughest people i've ever seen.

Are you kidding? Not in any country I've been living in the past 48 years. Where'd you pull THAT one out of?

The VP is NEVER allowed to overshadow the President's appearance of strength.

i think Hillary clinton is smart enough to assess her options and pick the one that benefits her most. i also think she's one of the toughest people i've ever seen.

i agree. i think she is certainly (over) qualified and capable, just don't think it would be the right thing politically right now.
just my two cents. :cool:

i agree. i think she is certainly (over) qualified and capable, just don't think it would be the right thing politically right now.
just my two cents. :cool:

I'm not looking at it really from her point of view. I'm looking at it from his. I don't see that it hurts or really helps her either way. I definitely think it hurts him to have someone perceived by many to be the stronger candidate as his VP.

Bet he had her stripped searched for weapons before he let her in the door though. Can't be too careful with those types.......

Hardest part of the meeting was finding someone that was willing to see Hillary nude. :shock:

I dunno.. Im kinda partial to Jim Webb for VP. It SOUNDS good to call Clinton a bulldog.. until we remember her voting record right before invading iraq. Webb, however, is legendary in his infamous back and forth with bush.

I dunno.. Im kinda partial to Jim Webb for VP. It SOUNDS good to call Clinton a bulldog.. until we remember her voting record right before invading iraq. Webb, however, is legendary in his infamous back and forth with bush.

He does need someone that isn't kind of wussy. Webb would fit the bill.

Forum List

Back