Obama Lists Simply 'African American' as Race on Census

You're changing labels of origin based on nothing but skin color.

You're saying obama qualifies as "african American" because his father was born there but a white person BORN IN AFRICA does not qualify for the same term. Thass rank hypocrisy.
No, he's basing it on their origin...Europe. The vast majority of white people in Africa came from Europe.

You're saying obama qualifies as "african American" because his father was born there but a white person BORN IN AFRICA does not qualify for the same term. Thass rank hypocrisy.

How many whites born in African self identify as African American or black?

Why would anyone born in Africa identify as American if they stayed in Africa?

No, he's basing it on their origin...Europe. The vast majority of white people in Africa came from Europe.

Are you fuxxing serious? So a white person born and raised in China with citizenship, culture and language would really be a european?

Your argument is changing the goal posts....and you know it. You've also ignored the last two articles I posted.

If you knew anything about the issue you wouldn't be in Willowtree's backyard repeating misinformation.

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists. In his autobiography he proudly stated he was given a Kenyan name but ten years later, on the campaign trail, he sold out and switched to African American to sell more votes. The sad thing is.....it worked. We still do not have an African American president.

kenya isn't in africa?

and how is he in willow's 'backyard'?

the reality is that whites with any black blood have ALWAYS been considered black in this society.

what do you call halle berry?

One more time.....

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists.

Obushama knows his exact heritage. Descendants of slaves do not and that is where the term African American comes from.

What do I call H Berry? Fuxxing hot!

Um don't think Kenyan american is a choice, but since Kenya is in africa, I think it is easy to say he is African American.:cuckoo:

Are you fuxxing serious? So a white person born and raised in China with citizenship, culture and language would really be a european?

Your argument is changing the goal posts....and you know it. You've also ignored the last two articles I posted.
Eurasian - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

They would be a European chinese, just like Obama is African American. :D

And who really gives a crap what he put? Is it effecting your life any?

There are DNA tests that can pinpoint which African groups a black American comes from. Since my mtDNA marker is Native American because my grandmother is Native American, I tested only for the paternal marker which was E3a* and matched me the Mandenka people of Senegal.

kenya isn't in africa?

and how is he in willow's 'backyard'?

the reality is that whites with any black blood have ALWAYS been considered black in this society.

what do you call halle berry?

One more time.....

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists.

Obushama knows his exact heritage. Descendants of slaves do not and that is where the term African American comes from.

What do I call H Berry? Fuxxing hot!

Um don't think Kenyan american is a choice, but since Kenya is in africa, I think it is easy to say he is African American.:cuckoo:

Thass because you, like the other idiots here refuse to learn and if you studied this...at.....all.....you would know it is not simply a geographical term.

Why isn't Kenyan American a choice? How is that any different than Irish American?

WASHINGTON -- He may be the world's foremost mixed-race leader, but when it came to the official government head count, President Obama gave only one answer to the question about his ethnic background: African-American.

The White House confirmed on Friday that Obama did not check multiple boxes on his U.S. Census form, or choose the option that allows him to elaborate on his racial heritage. He ticked the box that says "Black, African Am., or Negro."

FOXNews.com - Obama Lists Simply 'African American' as Race on Census

Is Obama ashamed or pissed that he's half white? I'm going with pissed.

Pissed.

Ask Charlize Theron. She's a blonde haired, blue-eyed, fair skinned African American actresss. She was born in South Africa.

So someone born and raised in China would still be european.....simply....by.....skin......color.

no comment necessary.

So someone born and raised in China would still be european.....simply....by.....skin......color.

no comment necessary.
No, depending on who their ancestors were from they could be anything. Eurasian, African Asian, American Asian...

Was there a choice for mixed? Many of my African American students have complained about this on the state test. Many of them are part Puerto Rican. White and/or Native American. Its getting silly putting labels on people based on skin color. I have a gorgeous friend who looks Hispanic but is Irish and black. Nothing African American about him.

no comment necessary.

Yes.

If they're not from America and neither are their ancestors, why would the be American with any hyphen? :eusa_eh:

There are DNA tests that can pinpoint which African groups a black American comes from. Since my mtDNA marker is Native American because my grandmother is Native American, I tested only for the paternal marker which was E3a* and matched me the Mandenka people of Senegal.
You're the only one who cares what the results were.

Forum List

Back