Obama leads 253 - 170 When does Romney Panic?

Obviously a lot can change (and most likely WILL change) between now and November. But trying to act like Romney doesn't have a lot of ground to make up, is just moronic.

The key is that Obama has a massive lead in electoral votes with the public aware of Obamacare, the state of the economy and that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate

On what issue is Romney going to swing the election between now and November

Romney won't swing a thing. It's the SuperPacs that will set the agenda. If Obama ends up playing defense the whole time, he loses. In order to win, he has to start swinging early, pound Romneys image and never let up for even a second. He has to keep the Romney campaign on defense the entire campaign.

I think it will come down to does Romney have the charisma and message to convince people to switch from Obama?

Romney has only won one election in his lifetime. If anything, he tends to wear on potential voters the more they see of him

Romney also suffers in adhoc appearances and is more likely to blunder

Uh huh. obama has an insurmountable lead. Sure. We all know that.

In Realland as opposed to obamaland, obama is losing and losing badly.

Uh huh. obama has an insurmountable lead. Sure. We all know that.

In Realland as opposed to obamaland, obama is losing and losing badly.

Based on what evidence?

Fox News watching?

Did I oversleep and wake up in October?

The OP is moronic.

Sorry everyone

California Girl has declared that we are not allowed to talk about the election until October

Please walk away from your keyboard

Yes and besides there is another Republican hack in a different thread who claims Romney is taking all of the Indes so Obama should probably just stay home.

"Double-digit margin" = "All"

:thup:

Obviously a lot can change (and most likely WILL change) between now and November. But trying to act like Romney doesn't have a lot of ground to make up, is just moronic.

The key is that Obama has a massive lead in electoral votes with the public aware of Obamacare, the state of the economy and that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate

Failed policies, massive debt, bad economy, high unemployment, inflation, no energy plan.....there's plenty of low hanging fruit for any of O's opponents.

the word 'massive' depends on which electoral map you're getting your information from. Some have Obama ahead by 100 or more, some by as few as 30.

Romney won't swing a thing. It's the SuperPacs that will set the agenda. If Obama ends up playing defense the whole time, he loses. In order to win, he has to start swinging early, pound Romneys image and never let up for even a second. He has to keep the Romney campaign on defense the entire campaign.

I think it will come down to does Romney have the charisma and message to convince people to switch from Obama?

Romney has only won one election in his lifetime. If anything, he tends to wear on potential voters the more they see of him

Romney also suffers in adhoc appearances and is more likely to blunder

I saw the attack ads Romney ran in Georgia against Santorium. Pretty low-ball kinda stuff. Have we gotten to the point that there is back-lash against they kinda stuff, or do you think it still works to a degree?

the word 'massive' depends on which electoral map you're getting your information from. Some have Obama ahead by 100 or more, some by as few as 30.

Real clear uses poll averages - there are hyper-partisan polls out there but averaging tends to balance those out.

They are going to win the presidency. It's really no contest.
We don't know that.

The polls in '80 were all pointing to Carter until the last 6 weeks or so.

Yeah, but what happened near the end of that election???

In attempting to answer your question, I encountered the following information. "Under federal election laws, Carter and Reagan received $29.4 million each, and Anderson was given a limit of $18.5 million with private fund-raising allowed for him only. They were not allowed to spend any other money."

What a difference a SCOTUS ruling can make!

They are going to win the presidency. It's really no contest.
We don't know that.

The polls in '80 were all pointing to Carter until the last 6 weeks or so.

Yeah, but what happened near the end of that election???

Reagan led from the end of the primaries on. No - I'll not edit that out. I'll admit I was wrong
however

A post-election summary of polls by then-CBS News pollster Warren Mitofsky shows that at no point over the final two weeks did Carter have a lead bigger than three percentage points.

Last edited:
Real clear uses poll averages - there are hyper-partisan polls out there but averaging tends to balance those out.
It doesn't average out the fact that almost all the polls sample registered voters or just adults who may or may not vote.

But y'all go ahead and keep on taking your victory laps six months in advance of the actual race being run.

Romney is a smug asshole, hope Obama is truly leading in electoral votes.
True, but who is his opponent?...A smug asshole.

I would rather have Obama, than Romney.

I saw a video of him speaking at the founder of Papa John's home, prime example why I would never vote for the guy. I am sorry if not everyone wants to be a millionaire, and just want to do what makes them happy. He has no understanding what it is like for real Americans.

Forum List

Back