Gitmo Justice.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Navy1960, May 7, 2012.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I've had the opportunity to see some of the antics of the vile scum at Gitmo in the courtroom. It leads me to believe that given these antics these men who are showing such contempt for this process, why bend over backwards in an attempt not to deprive the defendants of any sense of due process. If the defendants are in such contempt of these proceeedings and are rigged as they claim and they wish to use it as a means to further their aims they started 10 years ago, then by all means give them their wish. If the proceedings are as wide open as they seem to be, then the judge should just lean over , ask the defendants one by one at which hour do they wish to meet their maker and make that wish come true in as fast a manner as possible!.

2. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,629
    My sentiments exactly.

I'm sure the officers sitting on the tribunal would agree.

I, for one, think they should just execute all of the dirtbags at Gitmo. Save some time, money and clear out Gitmo.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The antics of the defendants have nothing on the antics of Cheryl Borman the defense attorney.

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Well, we don't protect their rights for them... we do it for us because that's who we're supposed to be.

That said, even in a civilian criminal trial, there comes a point where the court can exclude a defendant for acting out and obstructing the judicial process.

I wouldn't give them the death penalty, though. life at gitmo is worse because they're desperate to be martyrs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    In some way's your right when it comes to life.

Again this is my humble opinion here, these defendants and their attorney's are doing this as a manner of protest. I would love to see a Court Martial where Defense counsel is allow to Voir Dire the Judge as they are here and see how fast a charge of contempt gets handed down. As I mentioned before if the goal is to make a statement then allow them to make that statement on the way to the punishment they deserve. I saw none of this compassion on their behalf for the rights of those they had no compuntion from planning to fly a several thousand pound aircraft into the side of a building or using C-4 on innocents, then simply show them the same compassion they showed others.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I would personally prefer to see them handed life sentences than the DP. They want to die - they do not value life as we do. So we should give them a punishment that takes their values away from them... life shut away, with no access to their damned 'religion', and forgotten about by the world.

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    the attorney said they were doing it as "peaceful protest", so that's correct. and if they persist, the judge will have to find the cojones to impose some type of sanction, i'd think. and while on an emotional level, i certainly see your point. our defense of people's rights has nothing to do with what they did or what we feel about it.

8. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    These scumbags are showing their ass in the court room, they really don't deserve this kind of fairness. If they were locked up in a Russian prison I guarantee they wouldn't acting the fool this way.

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Theres a lot to be said about that too CG, and in some ways when one thinks of the people responsible for the first WTC who are now locked away someplace, it does seem to hold more weight. It does make you wonder if the Judge just said okay, welcome to Gitmo for life and see if the antics cease. In general if they hold no compassion or respect and as such they are not in the Criminal justice system then accord them the same compassion. Further, use the UCMJ as I frankly have understood little of a debate that has to do with a person you capture on a battlefield overseas. I don't seem to recall very many VC brought here to the US and accorded rights under the US Constitution or civilian defense lawyers for their actions against American forces in Vietnam. I might be wrong however on that score, but seem to recall an awful lot of them ended up at An Thoi on Phu Quoc Island after being turned over to the ARVN and generally kept there till the end of the war.

10. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403

I agree, they want death... and their beloved martyrdom.

Fuck um. Let them die of old age in prison.