Obama leads 253 - 170 When does Romney Panic?

Romney is a smug asshole, hope Obama is truly leading in electoral votes.
True, but who is his opponent?...A smug asshole.

I would rather have Obama, than Romney.

I saw a video of him speaking at the founder of Papa John's home, prime example why I would never vote for the guy. I am sorry if not everyone wants to be a millionaire, and just want to do what makes them happy. He has no understanding what it is like for real Americans.
Well of course you would...You're a democratic....DUUUH! :lol:

We don't know that.

The polls in '80 were all pointing to Carter until the last 6 weeks or so.

Yeah, but what happened near the end of that election???

Reagan led from the end of the primaries on. No - I'll not edit that out. I'll admit I was wrong
however

A post-election summary of polls by then-CBS News pollster Warren Mitofsky shows that at no point over the final two weeks did Carter have a lead bigger than three percentage points.

What I was referring to was the Iran Hostages.....

I also think it is funny Reagan raised taxes more than Obama has...........

True, but who is his opponent?...A smug asshole.

I would rather have Obama, than Romney.

I saw a video of him speaking at the founder of Papa John's home, prime example why I would never vote for the guy. I am sorry if not everyone wants to be a millionaire, and just want to do what makes them happy. He has no understanding what it is like for real Americans.
Well of course you would...You're a democratic....DUUUH! :lol:

It has nothing to do with that, and I am a liberal not a democrat. ;)

It has to do with the fact I am fine with not being a millionaire, and fine with just being happy. To Romney that is a bad thing..And it doesn't mean I don't think others should strive to be wealthy. Romney looks down on people like me, why would I vote for him?

And Oddball, why would you ever vote for him? Doesn't really seem like your type either.........

Yeah, but what happened near the end of that election???

Reagan led from the end of the primaries on. No - I'll not edit that out. I'll admit I was wrong
however

A post-election summary of polls by then-CBS News pollster Warren Mitofsky shows that at no point over the final two weeks did Carter have a lead bigger than three percentage points.

(and Bush added almost three times more new spending) But yeah, I think the failed rescue attempt was in April or so.

But even those 1980 polls/results show the futility of looking at popular vote. The presidency is won or lost in the electorial college and by the individual state elections. Before the 2008 election I was berated on these boards because I said, "this isn't a close election" They were looking at the national polls and I was looking at the state polls. And I didn't lose a minute of sleep on election night waiting to see who was going to win. It wasn't close.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhfuioyI5Q]Mitt Romney fundraiser at the home of Papa John's founder John Schnatter - YouTube[/ame]

Opening part is why I wouldn't vote for him..........

however

(and Bush added almost three times more new spending) But yeah, I think the failed rescue attempt was in April or so.

But even those 1980 polls/results show the futility of looking at popular vote. The presidency is won or lost in the electorial college and by the individual state elections. Before the 2008 election I was berated on these boards because I said, "this isn't a close election" They were looking at the national polls and I was looking at the state polls. And I didn't lose a minute of sleep on election night waiting to see who was going to win. It wasn't close.
Wasn't it the biggest landslide in awhile?

Real clear uses poll averages - there are hyper-partisan polls out there but averaging tends to balance those out.
It doesn't average out the fact that almost all the polls sample registered voters or just adults who may or may not vote.

But y'all go ahead and keep on taking your victory laps six months in advance of the actual race being run.

"Victory lap"???????
just discussing where we stand. Why does that make you so mad?

And yeah, some polls sample different groups - RCP poll averages balance that out too.

Real clear uses poll averages - there are hyper-partisan polls out there but averaging tends to balance those out.
It doesn't average out the fact that almost all the polls sample registered voters or just adults who may or may not vote.

But y'all go ahead and keep on taking your victory laps six months in advance of the actual race being run.

Nobody better be taking victory laps. People thinking victory is assured is what costs elections.

Wasn't it the biggest landslide in awhile?

No, that was Reagan Mondale (the second most lopsided presidential election ever)
But Reagan - carter was pretty lopsided too

Last edited:

"Victory lap"???????
just discussing where we stand. Why does that make you so mad?

And yeah, some polls sample different groups - RCP poll averages balance that out too.
Doesn't make me mad...It makes me laugh.

Please continue, jolly joker. :lol:

Obviously a lot can change (and most likely WILL change) between now and November. But trying to act like Romney doesn't have a lot of ground to make up, is just moronic.

The key is that Obama has a massive lead in electoral votes with the public aware of Obamacare, the state of the economy and that Obama doesn't have a birth certificate

On what issue is Romney going to swing the election between now and November

That's a good point. I thought "gas prices" was a thin argument and now it's getting even thinner.

I'm sure some surprises are in store - it will be interesting to watch the flow of this one. I read a study not too long ago by a Vanderbilt analyst who correlated disposable income with incumbent president reelection. What was odd is that it appears the strongest bump for an incumbent comes when disposable income rises 0.2 or more in the April preceeding the election. He showed that bump to be 6 points (pretty hefty) for the incumbent. I guess it goes to how people feel about their own economic health. But I was surprised in happened that early.

I highly doubt he is going to panic, but if he was it wont be before a single vote is cast.

Election day??? Don't you think that's a little to late to make a radical change or last-ditched effort?

Certainly May is too early. But election Day is waaaay toooo late.

Romney is already panicking, if blurting out stupidities is a symptom.

The other day in response to the jobs report he claimed that in a normal recovery we'd be getting 500,000 jobs every month.

You know, a poll can be slanted any way you wish, depending on how the question is phrased and where you're taking the poll at.

Lots of people when asked about Obamacare are against it, but when you break it down into the specifics of what it will do, separating each major part from the other parts, over 70 percent of the nation is FOR it.

Like I've said before, the polls won't really count until late June or mid July.

You know, a poll can be slanted any way you wish, depending on how the question is phrased and where you're taking the poll at.

Lots of people when asked about Obamacare are against it, but when you break it down into the specifics of what it will do, separating each major part from the other parts, over 70 percent of the nation is FOR it.

Like I've said before, the polls won't really count until late June or mid July.

Oh I agree. Polls can - and often are - slanted. That's why I don't pay attention to much except the RCP poll averages. By averaging the polls, they seem to be able to balance out the biased ones (on both sides).

There have been a couple of studies that seem to indicate folks make up their minds pretty early. But yeah - May is too early. It's just a snapshot of where the election stands right now.

Forum List

Back