obama just committed political suicide.

Barack Obama on the Issues

Let's see the President on most of the issues

* No litmus test; nominate to Court based on their fairness. (Oct 2008)
* 1990: Wrote law article that that fetus cannot sue mother. (Aug 2008)
* FactCheck: Abortions HAVE gone down under Pres. Bush. (Aug 2008)
* 1997: opposed bill preventing partial-birth abortion. (Aug 2008)
* Opposed legislation protecting born-alive failed abortions. (Aug 2008)
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama’s “present” votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman’s right to choose. (May 2004)
Voting Record
* Opposed born-alive treatment law because it was already law. (Oct 2008)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
edited

Hang on, I'll get my reading glasses...

He's just pissed that I just slapped the shit out of him, he posted evey voting issue from the link I posted showing obamas gun control votes.

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
I'm sure Obama would be really upset if 2012 turned out as bad for him as 1996 turned out for Clinton.

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

I'm sure Obama would be really upset if 2012 turned out as bad for him as 1996 turned out for Clinton.

How did the democrats do after they voted too pass the assault weapons ban?

No, what they meant was weapons as modern as the times. But what the hell they never thought we would have computer so should we go back to writing on parchment and with quail and do away with the cell phones and computers and TV’s. No more texting or email. no more message boards to voice our first amendment rights

Aaaaaaa...*sigh*...the good old days........

You want it one way but not the other I understand.

No, bigrednec, that's the problem...you don't...

Maybe the citizens should be limited to black powder muskets and sail-powered gunships as intended by the Founders?

No, what they meant was weapons as modern as the times. But what the hell they never thought we would have computer so should we go back to writing on parchment and with quail and do away with the cell phones and computers and TV’s. No more texting or email. no more message boards to voice our first amendment rights

Thats right every law or act created without the use of parchment and quail should be over turned because the founders did not think the first amendment would be so missed used because we used pens now.

You want it one way but not the other I understand.

No, bigrednec, that's the problem...you don't...

No thats your problem you're the one that brought up the muskets.
Americas rights advances with the times. The internet is protected by the first amendment. but the founders did not invision the use of a computer when we want to use our first amendment rights.

Thats right every law or act created without the use of parchment and quail should be over turned because the founders did not think the first amendment would be so missed used because we used pens now.

Are you drinking?

Well, in the 1994 election they got hammered.

The fact that you think it was due to the federal assault weapons ban is hilarious.

The fact that you think it was due to the federal assault weapons ban is hilarious.

Well tell this old man young spirt how did those of us who know better, tell us why the democrats lost?

It was clearly due to his wanton misuse of cigars.

Well tell this old man young spirt how did those of us who know better, tell us why the democrats lost?

First, let me apologize for the rude tone of that last post. it was unwarranted.

To the topic: Health care reform, tax hikes and a mess in Somalia. The people most upset by the assault weapons ban weren't going to be voting Democrat anyway.

Last edited:

First, let me apologize for the rude tone of that last post. it was unwarranted.

To the topic: Health care reform, tax hikes and a mess in Somalia. The people most upset by the assault weapons ban weren't going to be voting Democrat anyway.

You seem to think that only republicans are for gun rights? So healthcare reformed got them kicked out? They didn't learn their lesson did they?

You seem to think that only republicans are for gun rights?

No, I don't think that's the case - I live in perhaps the most liberal state in the union and we have some of the most open and unrestricted gun laws in the nation. However, I do believe that most people who place gun laws as a high priority in elections are Republicans - NRA members, for example, certainly trend Republican.

So healthcare reformed got them kicked out?

it played a big part in it.

They didn't learn their lesson did they?

No, they didn't:lol: But the difference is that Clinton paid a political price for nothing in 1994, whereas Obama played a political price for actually getting reform passed.

No, I don't think that's the case - I live in perhaps the most liberal state in the union and we have some of the most open and unrestricted gun laws in the nation. However, I do believe that most people who place gun laws as a high priority in elections are Republicans - NRA members, for example, certainly trend Republican.

So healthcare reformed got them kicked out?

They didn't learn their lesson did they?

No, they didn't:lol: But the difference is that Clinton paid a political price for nothing in 1994, whereas Obama played a political price for actually getting reform passed.

There's no way you will ever find out the political make up of gun owners, but I do not care who they are democrats libertrain republican if it was for more gun control they will be against it. The assault weapons ban was the straw that broke the donkeys back. You notice how silent obama has been about the subject? He's knows he's trending on thin ice thats why he taking his time, waiting to see how congress will go.

The community has no bribe that will tempt a wise man. You may raise money enough to tunnel a mountain, but you cannot raise money enough to hire a man who is minding his own business. An efficient and valuable man does what he can, whether the community pay him for it or not. The inefficient offer their inefficiency to the highest bidder, and are forever expecting to be put into office. One would suppose that they were rarely disappointed. - Thoreau - Life Without Principle

intense: a great signature and a truly great quote.

The community has no bribe that will tempt a wise man. You may raise money enough to tunnel a mountain, but you cannot raise money enough to hire a man who is minding his own business. An efficient and valuable man does what he can, whether the community pay him for it or not. The inefficient offer their inefficiency to the highest bidder, and are forever expecting to be put into office. One would suppose that they were rarely disappointed. - Thoreau - Life Without Principle

intense: a great signature and a truly great quote.

Well I reckon you can lead a horse to water but you can't fit him through the eye of a needle

There's no way you will ever find out the political make up of gun owners, but I do not care who they are democrats libertrain republican if it was for more gun control they will be against it. The assault weapons ban was the straw that broke the donkeys back. You notice how silent obama has been about the subject? He's knows he's trending on thin ice thats why he taking his time, waiting to see how congress will go.

Completely pissed I'd say...do you say 'pissed' for 'drunk' in your country?
Hopefully you'll wake up sober and start making sense...although I suspect you've been pissed for a very long time.

Forum List

Back