Obama IS NOW saying HE alone can PASS laws!!! What Arrogance! THANK YOU AGAIN Obama!

BUT HE doesn't PASS LAWS... Congress does .. He signs or doesn't sign but he doesn't PASS laws!
From

The President's Role in Passing Laws
By Sharon Fabian
1 The president doesn't pass laws.
passes the laws, but the president is involved in the lawmaking process, too.
That is why he can make all of those campaign promises while he is running for office.
If elected, he will have the opportunity to influence the passage of many new laws.

2 How does the president affect what laws are passed?

There are several things that he can do.

3 When a new president comes in to office, he usually has an agenda in mind - new laws that he hopes to get passed in order to do the things that he has promised during his campaign. To get them introduced, the president may make speeches to Congress and also speeches to the public. In this way he gets people interested in passing his ideas into law. Because of his status as leader of the country, the president is in a unique position to get people to listen to his ideas and to act on them.

For all you grade school from other grade school..
edHelper's suggested reading level: grades 6 to 8

The President's Role in Passing Laws

I don't suppose you have any idea how totally petty and desperate you guys sound focusing on this, do you?

YOU don't get it do you???
When an arrogant SOB like Obama SAYS "I PASSED THE LAW" he is saying HE is the LAW!
What does Congress do then? That is the next step to being a dictator DICK!

Believe me there are Congress members who are totally PISSED and they are Democrats that paid a BIG price to pass Obamacare Primarily due to their erroneous thinking they were helping as Obama said 47 million uninsured!
BUT Obama now admits there are 30 million!
HE admits that 10 million of the 47 million were NOT citizens yet counted!
He ADMITS that 17.5 MIllion he/Pelosi now call "free-loader"s were uninsured but didn't want cause they were free loaders to buy insurance! HE WANTS them.
So Congress members were sold a huge bill of goods.. NEVER 47 million uninsured.
Never knew there was 21 NEW taxes that were going into affect over 75% of Americans!
Congress members who spent political capital that won't come back to pass Obamacare are PISSED now even more when Obama says " I PASSED the bill" "I", "I" this is the most narcissistic President in history and like we all knew.. HE does this because HE has an inferiority complex that began with white mother and a mau-mau dad!

Sorry, but you can't make words change meaning to fit your agenda.

Look people this is a stretch at best.

I am no Fan of the ACA, I like a couple ideas in it, but think it's a recipe for Economic Disaster and is not going to solve the problem anyways.

no one really says it will, but it's a start.

doing nothing may well be a conservative value, but it's surely not an American one. :eusa_whistle:

Tell me simply what is the "health care problem"?

What problem does Obamacare solve?

I am SURE millions think it is there is 50 million people "uninsured"?
So tearing apart the country health care for supposedly 16% is the rationale for Obamacare?

BUT the truth is there NEVER were 50 million uninsured or 16%
10 million counted as "uninsured" are not Citizens according to the Census Bureau.
14 million counted as "uninsured" have Medicaid coverage!
17.5 million counted as "uninsured" are under 34, make over $50k and pay out of their pockets their health expenses rather they have insurance..Now known as "free-loaders"!
That leaves 8.5 million or less the 3%!

So again.. if there are ONLY 3% why is it necessary to destroy health care for 97%?

I am no Fan of the ACA, I like a couple ideas in it, but think it's a recipe for Economic Disaster and is not going to solve the problem anyways.

doing nothing may well be a conservative value, but it's surely not an American one. :eusa_whistle:

So tearing apart the country health care for supposedly 16% is the rationale for Obamacare?

10 million counted as "uninsured" are not Citizens according to the Census Bureau.
17.5 million counted as "uninsured" are under 34, make over $50k and pay out of their pockets their health expenses rather they have insurance..Now known as "free-loaders"!

So again.. if there are ONLY 3% why is it necessary to destroy health care for 97%?

As many as 50% of all home foreclosures in the US over the last five years are due to medical bills that people are unable to pay.

You see the connection yet?

And Obamacare "destroys" nothing. Health care providers are uneffected regardless of what the far right tries to pretend. The entire bill deals with health INSURANCE providers, not health CARE providers.

However this thread is just stupid. the President can Pass laws. No they don't pass them themselves, but they put their Political Capital and Political Future into getting the things they want passed.

Now, I personally think if Obama were forced to be totally honest he would admit the ACA is not at all what he wanted, and is not going to fix the problem. But that's just my Opinion.

But trying to claim he thinks he can pass laws with out Congress because of what he said today is just fucking stupid. Focus on the things that will help us Defeat him. This just looks like desperation and stupidity.

If you want to Highlight his Lack of Respect for our Constitution and the Rule of law, then Point to His continuing to insist it's not a tax it's a Penalty when the Court has ruled if Could not be legal as a penalty. Or to how he seems to think he can choose not to Enforce all or Parts of laws if he does not like them. Or how he has Used EP to protect his AG and DOJ from Embarrassment. Don't try and make an issue where there isn't one like you are in this thread.

THE PRESIDENT CAN NOT PASS LAWS!
The point of this thread is clear! Obama EITHER IS A COMPLETE IDIOT Constitutional Expert LAWYER who made a STUPID statement OR
HE honestly believes HE passes laws!

It is that clear! YOU don't kick congressmembers and MUCH LESS ME that voted for Congress to create and PASS the laws! We ASK the President to EXECUTE HENCE the
EXECUTIVE branch the laws NOT Pass.

If either YOU or Obama don't see the gross misrepresentation of this statement and how it is the BIGGEST INSULT to ALL of us... YOU are f...king idiots!

Not only is it alarming but totally shocking that some of you have NO problem with Obama saying he Passes the Laws!!!

Do you understand this is a educated person in constitutional law!
EITHER he doesn't KNOW this gross distinction OR he DOES and he is NOW ignoring it!

methinks President Obama knows he doesn't pass laws.

methinks this is much whack-a-doodle-doo-doo-doo about nothin'

---

more right wing imbecility

Last edited:

As many as 50% of all home foreclosures in the US over the last five years are due to medical bills that people are unable to pay.

You see the connection yet?

And Obamacare "destroys" nothing. Health care providers are uneffected regardless of what the far right tries to pretend. The entire bill deals with health INSURANCE providers, not health CARE providers.

Explain something to me then..
Does the health insurance company perform surgeries, or see patients? Do health insurance companies put people under X-ray machines, do CAT scans?

Now correct me if I'm wrong BUT I thought professional medical providers performed the services and then sent the bills in the form of CLAIMS to be paid by the Insurance companies!

NOT ONE health insurance company performs medical services!

Maybe you are like millions who are the ones that perform the services and get paid!

So how can the insurance companies FORCE people into bankruptcy?

The person approves the providers perform services that companies pay 80% or more every dollar in premium!
That being the AVERAGE outlay if you want the insurance companies pay out less..
A) Stop hospitals charging 9,000% or more for services they bill Medicare/ins. companies.
B) Stop lawyers from forcing providers to charge $600 billion a year in "defensive medicine"!

So when people bitch and moan like YOU about those EVIL insurance companies like Obama YOU have NO idea how health insurance works!

Those of you that helped get Obama elected because you didn't want the guilt thinking you were racist..WAKE UP! This guy thinks he is a Dictator!

How can he POSSIBLE ASSUME HE CAN PASS a LAW!!!

That's what we have a Congress for and that's why he is NOT a dictator.... YET!
Remember though HE CAN PASS A LAW now!!1

I'll work with anybody who wants to work with me to continue to improve our health care system and our health care laws, but the law I passed is here to stay," Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio

Obama: Health care law 'is here to stay' - POLITICO.com

He passed it, he owns it. Wonder how many jobs Obamacare will create?

Those of you that helped get Obama elected because you didn't want the guilt thinking you were racist..WAKE UP! This guy thinks he is a Dictator!

I'll work with anybody who wants to work with me to continue to improve our health care system and our health care laws, but the law I passed is here to stay," Obama said at a campaign event in Ohio

He passed it, he owns it. Wonder how many jobs Obamacare will create?
Several thousand IRS agents to punish the people who exercise the freedom Obama took away from them.

I don't suppose you have any idea how totally petty and desperate you guys sound focusing on this, do you?

When an arrogant SOB like Obama SAYS "I PASSED THE LAW" he is saying HE is the LAW!

Believe me there are Congress members who are totally PISSED and they are Democrats that paid a BIG price to pass Obamacare Primarily due to their erroneous thinking they were helping as Obama said 47 million uninsured!
He ADMITS that 17.5 MIllion he/Pelosi now call "free-loader"s were uninsured but didn't want cause they were free loaders to buy insurance! HE WANTS them.
So Congress members were sold a huge bill of goods.. NEVER 47 million uninsured.
Never knew there was 21 NEW taxes that were going into affect over 75% of Americans!
Congress members who spent political capital that won't come back to pass Obamacare are PISSED now even more when Obama says " I PASSED the bill" "I", "I" this is the most narcissistic President in history and like we all knew.. HE does this because HE has an inferiority complex that began with white mother and a mau-mau dad!

WHERE in this statement when Obama says " I PASSED the bill"
is there any changes in meaning? HE SAID HE PASSED the bill!

Tell me again where in the Constitution the POWER to pass Bills is in the Executive branch?

Section. 7.
Clause 2: Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States;

Clause 3: Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.
U.S. CONSTITUTION

They spent two years trying to hang the Affordable Care Act around his neck--and his neck alone--as "Obamacare." Well, they've gotten their wish.

Obama is the reason families don't have to worry about their kids losing coverage after graduation or if their first job doesn't offer benefits.

Obama is the reason millions of customers will be receiving a rebate from their insurer next month if that insurer hasn't been operating efficiently.

Obama is the reason new preventive services, including preventive services for women's health, are now available to millions of insurance customers without cost-sharing.

Obama is the reason folks with serious illnesses have access to new high-risk pool options right now.

Obama is the reason seniors are on the hook for less of their prescription drug costs.

It could easily have been some abstruse law that got the credit, but instead it's Obamacare. I understand the desire, so amusingly displayed in the rash of threads on this quote, now to start walking that back. But sorry folks, that ship has sailed. The law is here to stay and it's been linked to one man in a way no social legislation ever has before (it's as if Social Security benefits were popularly known as "FDR benefits").

Obama has been doing this for quite some time. Right now he has more self-appointed czars that any other president in the history of this nation. His czars that even democrats complain about do not answer to the congress or senate.

Hope-and-Nope.jpg

Where is there ANY meaning changes in the Constitution clearly states in:
Section 7.
Clause 2:"Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate
before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it,"

ANYTHING WRONG then if the Constitution state PASSING is Congress and if he doesn't PASS but he approves... BIG DIFFERENCE and if you don't see the NUANCE they you also don't understand what "Is" IS!!!!

Does Obama REALLY think American voters are THAT DUMB to re-elect a President that ignorantly thinks he can pass laws??? Are Americans going to stand for a dictator which is now Obama's intended course?

Are you really so dumb as to think he meant it the way your painting it?

What is dumb is thinking that words don't have meaning.

Obama's ego won't allow him to say WE passed the ACA, since it took the House and Senate to write and pass the bill so he could sign it.

They spent two years trying to hang the Affordable Care Act around his neck--and his neck alone--as "Obamacare." Well, they've gotten their wish.

Obama is the reason families don't have to worry about their kids losing coverage after graduation or if their first job doesn't offer benefits.

Obama is the reason millions of customers will be receiving a rebate from their insurer next month if that insurer hasn't been operating efficiently.

Obama is the reason new preventive services, including preventive services for women's health, are now available to millions of insurance customers without cost-sharing.

Obama is the reason folks with serious illnesses have access to new high-risk pool options right now.

Obama is the reason seniors are on the hook for less of their prescription drug costs.

It could easily have been some abstruse law that got the credit, but instead it's Obamacare. I understand the desire, so amusingly displayed in the rash of threads on this quote, now to start walking that back. But sorry folks, that ship has sailed. The law is here to stay and it's been linked to one man in a way no social legislation ever has before (it's as if Social Security benefits were popularly known as "FDR benefits").

Most thinking people don't consider a 21 year old, let alone a 26 year old adult a "kid."

Most thinking people don't consider a 21 year old, let alone a 26 year old adult a "kid."

By all means, direct your ire at one of the most overwhelmingly popular reforms in Obamacare.

I've thought for a while that many of you folks are unhinged when it comes to your crusade against Obama's reforms, but it took the SCOTUS decision for the independents to really start seeing it, too.

Again I think this is a bit tough on the President. Kind of like his joke about the special olympics. We know that an inexperienced uneducated (in economics) person was elected. We also know that for a fact he is the most narcissistic president ever elected. I think his narcissism is driven by him feeling he needs to compensate for his lack of education and experience. We have also seen where he takes credit for anything that seems good. Like when he ordered OBL killed, one would think listening to Obama that it was him in the room at the time. Then he told the tale of how killing OBL was one of his highest and first priorities, yet he had previously said that the killing of OBL wasn't that important.

So when an inexperience, uneducated narcissist acts like Obama is doing it should be no surprise and making fun of him is like making fun of a special Olympian, like Obama did himself. We should be better then that.

Again I think this is a bit tough on the President. Kind of like his joke about the special olympics. We know that an inexperienced uneducated (in economics) person was elected. We also know that for a fact he is the most narcissistic president ever elected. I think his narcissism is driven by him feeling he needs to compensate for his lack of education and experience. We have also seen where he takes credit for anything that seems good. Like when he ordered OBL killed, one would think listening to Obama that it was him in the room at the time. Then he told the tale of how killing OBL was one of his highest and first priorities, yet he had previously said that the killing of OBL wasn't that important.

So when an inexperience, uneducated narcissist acts like Obama is doing it should be no surprise and making fun of him is like making fun of a special Olympian, like Obama did himself. We should be better then that.

Great points especially regarding his narcissism!

Sam Vaknin, the author of the Malignant Self Love believes:
“Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist.” Vaknin is a world
authority on narcissism. He understands narcissism and describes
the inner mind of a narcissist like no other person. When he talks
about narcissism everyone listens. Vaknin says that Obama’s
language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his
closest, dearest friends suggest that the Senator is either a
narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).
IS OBAMA A NARCISSIST? « Conservative Critic's Blog

During his interview, Obama told ABC News’ Robin Roberts that he feels “constrained” in war policy, but it’s what he said before that which startles for its arrogance (my bold for emphasis).When I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf

From the time he accepted his nomination for the Presidency under the Greek columns in an outdoor stadium, we were given a major clue this was not a humble man.
In 2006, [Obama] the senator gave him a warning: ‘I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it …It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.’
A Hollywood Republican » Obama’s Narcissism on Parade

What a total POMPOUS, nouveau riche mentality Obama exhibits!
And the worst part of narcissistic people like Obama is as he said above "I could do every job better"... THEY CAN'T do the job in the first place.. but they think they can do it better!

Forum List

Back