Obama is defying gravity

Obama has been a terrible first term presiden - I won't say he is theworst (there have some other bod one s) but he ranks up there

The recession was going to be a short sharp event that would lead to robust recovery.

Oh looky some fuking right wing hack "seeing" into the future. Sure it was bub sure it was.
Hey let me know the winning lottery number if you would.

An unprecedented collapse in real estate has never been part of a short sharp recession followed by a robust recovery.

Usually - an incumbant president with 8% unemployment ( more like 15%) - would be down double-digets.

When will the American people wise-up?

The unemployment rates in 1936 and 1940 were 16% and 14% respectively.

so that means we should feel good it's only 8.2% under Obama after he PROMISED his 800 billion stimulas was going to HELP that and re-elect him?
funny

I have absolutely no idea how Obama would have performed as President had he not walked into a shit storm of such historic proportions, and no one else does, either. He might have been great, he might have been a disaster, we'll never know.

But for anyone to pretend that this was just another recession is either intellectually dishonest or hopelessly ignorant. Such a notion completely ignores the fact that the elements that contributed to the meltdown occurred over decades, and the unwinding of the mess may damn well take the same amount of time.

I'm neck deep in this shit every day as part of my profession. The simplistic partisan rhetoric I see babbled with such conviction is one of the reasons I'm so concerned (even pessimistic) about how long it will take our economy to find firm footing.

Just another recession. Good gawd.

When will the American peoople wake up and throw the bum out of office.

Bushs worst move as president was appointing JR to the SC.

I was uneasy about the guy from the start.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 10 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 27 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 10 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 27 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

Let's wait and see if those tax cuts actually expire.

Usually - an incumbant president with 8% unemployment ( more like 15%) - would be down double-digets.

Usually, an incumbent President doesn't inherit an economy that's losing 750,000 jobs a month and experiencing - 5% GDP growth a quarter.

The economy is now gaining jobs every month and GDP is growing every quarter.

Obama asked for this economy...he knew what it was when he was running in 2008. He "promised" so many things to make it better. Is it better for you? Not for me! The only people it's been good for are the moochers and the people Obama has paid off with OUR TAX DOLLARS (Can you say "stimulus"?).

Obama OWNS this economy now, there's no logical way anyone should be blaming Bush for anything anymore! I get so sick of the word "inherited"....it's a cop-out!

I have more work now than in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I may have to hire a crew.

Obama was defying gravity when he was elected US Senator from Ill.

Was no Everett Dirkson.

Dirkson (R- Ill) didnt think too highly of JFK.

"A Kennedy bill has as much impact as a snowflake on the Potomac."

The unemployment rates in 1936 and 1940 were 16% and 14% respectively.

so that means we should feel good it's only 8.2% under Obama after he PROMISED his 800 billion stimulas was going to HELP that and re-elect him?
funny

No it means you should not believe anyone who claims they can predict the outcome of an election based on where the UE rate is.

Forum List

Back