Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

The majority of Republicans are getting old. They will need government more than anyone.

Only dinosaurs listen to radio these days, and it’s doubtful many people under 50 even know AM radio exists, so it shouldn’t be surprising that the average age of right-wing radio listeners is 67. It’s also truly not shocking that this demographic is also predominantly male. According to a Pew study in February, 72 percent of Limbaugh’s elderly listeners are men and thus are statistically likely to “stroke out” sometime in Pres. Obama’s second term, assuming he wins one.

Fox News Channel’s daytime and primetime skeds the absolute oldest, clocking in with a median age above 65.

Median Age of Fox News Viewers is 65 – Average Dittohead Is a 67 Year Old Man*Pensito Review

I almost "stroked out" reading this article.

Barack Obama is a lying cowardly worthless piece of shit to say something like that. Not even within shouting distance of the truth but he doesn't care. Scare the fuck out of 'em maybe they'll vote for me or at least stay home.

Barack Obama is a lying cowardly worthless piece of shit to say something like that. Not even within shouting distance of the truth but he doesn't care. Scare the fuck out of 'em maybe they'll vote for me or at least stay home.

Hellooooo!

Knock knock"

Have you been watching the Republicans debates?

"Let him die" ring a bell?

Don't get mad at Obama because you don't know what your leaders are saying. A recent study said those who watch Fox News know less than those who watching nothing at all.

I realize that conservatives don't see it as a living document, I just don't understand the reasoning. Nobody, not even conservatives, follows the Constitution to the letter. Conservatives like to talk like they do, but that simply is not the true. Case in point - conservatives have recently pushed for a balanced budget amendment and an amendment that would define marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Obviously, conservatives do like to change the Constitution when it's something they favor.

Amendments are the legal mechanism that allows us to modify the Constitution. What liberals do is simply redefine the words to mean whatever libs want them to mean. That makes the Constitution essentially meaningless.

Hellooooo!

Knock knock"

Don't get mad at Obama because you don't know what your leaders are saying. A recent study said those who watch Fox News know less than those who watching nothing at all.

A recent study - of 612 people in New Jersey.

And there was me thinking that the left understood scientific studies. Color me shocked to find I was wrong about that. :lol:

Oops, I nearly forgot to 'back up' my claim about the study.... http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

Last edited:

an able person who makes a conscious decision to forgo health coverage (soon to be illegal) should expect no more than stabilizing and comfort care from the people

Hellooooo!

Knock knock"

First, please provide the study. Once again, you show how good you are making claims with nothing but hot air to back them up.

And has been demonstrated on other threads....even if the percentages you lefties piss your pants about are true...there are still more informed viewers of Fox than there are of MSNBC and CNN because (even if the percentages that give you that tingle) there are more viewers of FOX than of MSNBC by a factor of two to four.

Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

an able person who makes a conscious decision to forgo health coverage (soon to be illegal) should expect no more than stabilizing and comfort care from the people

Thanks, but no thanks....

I don't want anything from "the people".

Thanks for pointing out it will soon be illegal. I wonder if you morons understand just how far you have pulled this country down.

Thanks, but no thanks....

I don't want anything from "the people".

Thanks for pointing out it will soon be illegal. I wonder if you morons understand just how far you have pulled this country down.

your IFF system is off

Last edited:

Hellooooo!

Knock knock"

A recent study - of 612 people in New Jersey.

And there was me thinking that the left understood scientific studies. Color me shocked to find I was wrong about that. :lol:

Oops, I nearly forgot to 'back up' my claim about the study.... Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

Thanks...

You know what they say about studies and statistics.

The last time I check---we already are on our own and have been for a very long time.

Congress Dems or Reps have no interest in working for the People who pay their salery.

Hellooooo!

Knock knock"

There was no repub candidate who said that, that phrase came from Wolf Blitzer. I didn't hear anybody in the audience say it either. Further, no repub leader has ever said that or even implied it, and Mr Obama and you sir are liars.

ABC News ^ | Oct. 25, 2011
Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’ - ABC News

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Obama and Democrats have been emphasizing what they see as the costly consequences of the Republicans’ agenda in an effort to stir up support, in part by touching on emotional nerves.

Last week, Obama supporters pounced on comments by Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney that the solution to the nation’s housing crisis is “don’t try and stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom.”

Today, Obama cast Republicans’ hands-off approach as harmful to middle class families, who he says deserve government help.

“I reject an argument that says we’ve got to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from exploiting people who are sick,” Obama said. “And I reject the idea that somehow if we strip away collective bargaining rights, that we’ll be somehow better off.

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

I hope it's a promise, because being on our own was the founders intentions to begin with, self sufficiency and resilience has always been in true Americans bloodlines. Not government nanny statism.
But on a side note, it's more fear mongering from Obummer.

"Stabilizing"? No, that would cause too much money. The quote was "Let him die". Much more "cost effective".

Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’ - ABC News

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Obama and Democrats have been emphasizing what they see as the costly consequences of the Republicans’ agenda in an effort to stir up support, in part by touching on emotional nerves.

Last week, Obama supporters pounced on comments by Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney that the solution to the nation’s housing crisis is “don’t try and stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom.”

Today, Obama cast Republicans’ hands-off approach as harmful to middle class families, who he says deserve government help.

“I reject an argument that says we’ve got to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from exploiting people who are sick,” Obama said. “And I reject the idea that somehow if we strip away collective bargaining rights, that we’ll be somehow better off.

I hope it's a promise, because being on our own was the founders intentions to begin with, self sufficiency and resilience has always been in true Americans bloodlines. Not government nanny statism.

Oh, get real.

The Republican Party is rapidly aging. They're gonna need government help more than 5 year old orphans.

Oh, get real.

The Republican Party is rapidly aging. They're gonna need government help more than 5 year old orphans.

It isn't aging any faster than the democrats. Good grief you are stupid.

A bump for being on my own.

How many of you would rather have the money they put in SS instead of a so-called promise to give you 1000/mo. (on average) when you retire ?

Forum List

Back