Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

Other observable attributes of echo chamber members include a deep seated pathologic anger, a lack of introspection and dishonesty. Sad.

What's sad is you just described the democrats last 5 years in office, and refuse to acknowledge such.

If you mean in control of congress- it was FIVE MONTHS- 7/7/2010-2/4/2010, misled one. CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

Democrats controlled the senate and congress since 2006, and the white house since 2008, meaning they controlled everything since 2008 and both chambers of the house since 2006. When I said 5 years, it is true.

I agree. Personally I have no animosity for the the guy. Hell I'd probably sit down with him and have a beer.

His policies are what I object to. Policies that just ain't workin. He's been in office for 3 years and the country is worse off then when he was elected.

I wouldn't piss on him if he where on fire.

Translation: "Can't handle a black OR Dem President- negative Pub Propaganda brainwash- change the channel. Hoping for your recovery...come back to the force...
What a fucking retarded thing to say.

He's wrong. The government won't leave us alone until we go back to a design for the late 1700s.

This thread is one more example of how the New Right has nothing constructive to post. I used to believe the proud and loud members of the echo chamber were simply ignorant and needed attention - it's becoming quite obvious I had them pegged wrongly, they are simply simple. There ignorance is a by-product of concrete thinking; cause and effect, ends and means, process all mean nothing to them, they are abstractions beyond their means. Sad.
You'd be interesting to talk to if you'd ever done anything to merit that level of arrogance.

Meanwhile, President Obama says you're too stupid to make your own decisions. And you defend him for it.

Those damn fear-mongering Republicans!

It's interesting, though, that Democrats view self-reliance as something to be feared. And by "interesting", I mean "damned pathetic".

You wanna live in a society without policemen, firemen, teachers, and other civil servants, go for it.

Me..I like my society, civilized. :eusa_whistle:
Yes, because if the GOP regains the White House, all policemen, firemen, teachers, and other civil servants will be fired immediately.

:cuckoo:

Does this MAN ever WORK.????
he is EVERYWHERE, taking bus tours, Jay Leno, one fundraiser after another..

He wasn't talking about you, misled one- he was talking about the elitist greedy Pubs DOING the misleading and stealing and cheating...

So how did those self reliant Pub bankers and parasites do you 2001-2009?

You say this as though the Democrats weren't doing the exact same thing. At least the Republican party has been working at cleaning out the cess pool the last few elections, the Democrats seem quite content at re-electing the same criminals into office time and again and then bitching about the GOP for doing the exact shit that their own representatives are doing.

There ARE four or five Blue Dog Dems who go along- but pubs are LOCKSTEP bought off corporate/Wall St. tools...FACT

If you weren't a completely brainwashed progressive dupe you'd know that Obama got more money donated to him by Wall Street than McCain in the last election. Duh?

Other observable attributes of echo chamber members include a deep seated pathologic anger, a lack of introspection and dishonesty. Sad.

We also have the ability to laugh out loud at moronic posts like this.

I noticed you didn't address any of the issues raised in the OP. You simply (s)trolled in and unloaded the contents of your electronic diaper.

There is little doubt that what he says is nothing more than BS. Government will be sending out Medicare and SS checks long after he has left office. Very few on the right would deny the elderly their return on the money they put into the system.

And what does not get taken care of by the federal government (which should be very little) will get taken care of by states where the people vote in a government to do that for them. Or do you think the Koch Brothers annointed the govenor of Wisconsin ?

This proces has worked for a long long time. It is what got him elected and it is what will get him unelected.

He is desperate to hide his failures. What is so funny is that he will lose the senate in 2012 as well as more house seats. Even if he comes back....he has no way of continuing to spend this country into oblivion.

And, lest you fill your new diaper, let's be very clear on the fact that GWB and his drunken sailor congresses did the same thing. Many on the right were not fans of his policies or approaches. The bad rap he gets....he deserves. And we replaced him with four more years of the same. Both President Bush and President Obama will languish in the bottom quartile of presidential rankings through the next 100 years.

Let's face it folks, Obama is using scare tactics like this because he can't run on his economic record or what he intends to do to fix our economic problems. What else does he have?

It's interesting, though, that Democrats view self-reliance as something to be feared. And by "interesting", I mean "damned pathetic".

You wanna live in a society without policemen, firemen, teachers, and other civil servants, go for it.

Please provide a link that shows anything about getting rid of civil servants.

This post is just one example of why we need GOOD teachers so badly and government out of education.

Please provide a link that shows anything about getting rid of civil servants.

This post is just one example of why we need GOOD teachers so badly and government out of education.

Whenever there is talk about cutting the size of government..."Big Government" immediately defends itself by saying that cuts to government will mean cuts to police, fire fighters and teachers. Why is it that those cuts never seem to get to the multiple layers of bureaucracy and administrators that have evolved over the last sixty years? It's nothing more than a scare tactic that they utilize because it's worked for them in the past.

Obama: If We Lose in 2012, Government Will Tell People ‘You’re on Your Own’

Sounds about right. Isn't that pretty much the GOP platform? Let's not pretend that the GOP hasn't tried to cut UE benefits, food stamps and entitlements while simultaneously pushing for more money for top earners.

Whenever there is talk about cutting the size of government..."Big Government" immediately defends itself by saying that cuts to government will mean cuts to police, fire fighters and teachers. Why is it that those cuts never seem to get to the multiple layers of bureaucracy and administrators that have evolved over the last sixty years? It's nothing more than a scare tactic that they utilize because it's worked for them in the past.

Agreed.

And, of course, they ignore the fact that there are multiple levels of government.

As near as I can tell, President Obama thinks the only government is the federal government.

Addtionally, I find it interesting how government jobs pay more than the same job in the private sector and that while private sector income is dropping, government workers are still getting pretty good raises.

Sounds about right. Isn't that pretty much the GOP platform? Let's not pretend that the GOP hasn't tried to cut UE benefits, food stamps and entitlements while simultaneously pushing for more money for top earners.

Missed that part of civics, did you ?

The GOP platform at the federal level is simply the Democratic platform with a different color.....keep me in office and I'll keep porking the taxpayer.

What it should be is that the fed will let the states take care of themselves.

And when you can show me pictures of people who have starved to death or a roster of the supposed 45,000 who die each year due to lack of health care (if you even want to claim this bogus bit of work), then we will talk.

Agreed.

And, of course, they ignore the fact that there are multiple levels of government.

As near as I can tell, President Obama thinks the only government is the federal government.

Addtionally, I find it interesting how government jobs pay more than the same job in the private sector and that while private sector income is dropping, government workers are still getting pretty good raises.

When I entered the workforce you took a little less money to work a government job, but had the security and benefits to offset it. Now it's like hitting the lottery to get one of those jobs and you can live like a fatcat for life whether or not you are the most useless and/or corrupt individual going.
People choose these professions but want to be pampered for life because they chose it.

Missed that part of civics, did you ?

The GOP platform at the federal level is simply the Democratic platform with a different color.....keep me in office and I'll keep porking the taxpayer.

What it should be is that the fed will let the states take care of themselves.

And when you can show me pictures of people who have starved to death or a roster of the supposed 45,000 who die each year due to lack of health care (if you even want to claim this bogus bit of work), then we will talk.

The fed gov plays a role. If we just let states do whatever they want, then that's exactly what they'll do. That's why we need federal programs and depts - like the EPA and a federal health care law, for example.

And are you seriously suggesting that people in the US don't die from starvation or lack of health care? :lol: You can pretend that everything is all rosy, but that simply isn't the case.

The fed gov plays a role. If we just let states do whatever they want, then that's exactly what they'll do. That's why we need federal programs and depts - like the EPA and a federal health care law, for example.

And are you seriously suggesting that people in the US don't die from starvation or lack of health care? :lol: You can pretend that everything is all rosy, but that simply isn't the case.

Not according the U.S Constitution.....but why would our supposed Constitutional Scholar President bother with what it actually says ? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

We don't need a federal EPA and we don't need what is termed "Obamacare".

And if you can produce something of substance on people starving to death or dying because of lack of health care (the study was done 10 years ago...that means about 500,000 have passed since then.....not that I have heard about them in mass....but lets forget the 1,800,000 people who will have died from smoking related disease......BTW: 45,000 is how many out of 300,000,000 ? Answer 0.015%....how can you even show statistical significance at those low numbers against an entire population that has so many diverse characteristics and environments (I dunno....maybe no healthcare means no Kevlar vests in Chicago).

Looking for that data.

Not according the U.S Constitution.....but why would our supposed Constitutional Scholar President bother with what it actually says ? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

We don't need a federal EPA and we don't need what is termed "Obamacare".

And if you can produce something of substance on people starving to death or dying because of lack of health care (the study was done 10 years ago...that means about 500,000 have passed since then.....not that I have heard about them in mass....but lets forget the 1,800,000 people who will have died from smoking related disease......BTW: 45,000 is how many out of 300,000,000 ? Answer 0.015%....how can you even show statistical significance at those low numbers against an entire population that has so many diverse characteristics and environments (I dunno....maybe no healthcare means no Kevlar vests in Chicago).

Looking for that data.

So because it's not explicitly in the Constitution, then it isn't valid? :lol: Whatever.

You can keep looking for that data. You want to deny it, then prove it. I'm not doing your research for you. You're the one who brought it up in the first place. People in the US do die from lack of health care and from starvation. Maybe 0.015% means nothing to you, but I'm guessing the real people behind those numbers don't think it's so insignificant. How conscientious of you to dismiss them, though.

Forum List

Back