Obama hacks another limb off representative republic: FCC does Net Neutrality

read some of the comments at the site to get an idea of what other people think about this.

Really?

That's what you think it is?

And just who do you think developed "the backbone" in the first place?

Sprint, Verizon, etc.

Don't embarrass yourself by claiming their 3g or 4g networks owe their exsitence to the internet Al Gore invented decades ago.

That, and the FCC has no authority over the internet. The SCOTUS already said so. This is a naked power grab by a discredited President who can't get anything passed through the legislative process anymore.

You're one of those fucknuts who think the internet is a public good, aren't you, fucknuts?

Back down there sonny boy. You could get hurt.

And yeah..the government developed the telecommunications backbone..and keeps sinking money into it. The FCC should have jurisdiction. Content should not be controlled by people with the most money.

The government? Are you kidding. So the government installed all that switching equipment, microwave towers, cell towers, millions of miles of telecomm cabling, etc?
Look, I am well aware that some ISP's do limit use and content. For example, in the not too distant future internet use will be tiered. Those users who download content and use up far more bandwidth should be charged for that use.
It is they who cause internet traffic jams.
Net neutrality essentially removes administrative jurisdiction from the owners of the pipelines. That is anti- American. Net neutrality also mandates ISP's , telcos and cable companies to provide ALL services to ALL areas. This is an unfair restraint of trade.
If ISP's are forced to run plant( cable) into unprofitable areas or areas where use would be sporadic at best, the cost to existing and future consumers would skyrocket to cover the cost of the additional cabling and equipment.
Now if net neutrality brings competition by permitting all providers to compete in all areas, I am all for it.

Back down there sonny boy. You could get hurt.

And yeah..the government developed the telecommunications backbone..and keeps sinking money into it. The FCC should have jurisdiction. Content should not be controlled by people with the most money.

Revere doesn't use logic. Glenn Beck tells him everything he needs to believe.

good grief, and PMSmbc must be your source for what you think and say. you sound just like them.

Well I like how you degraded your own gender in a network you don't like. Nice to know that when we chop everything up to PMS, its irrational.

Let me see if I can do Glenn Beck's strawman argument here.

Fox news' initials are FNC

But it might be hiding something in those initials.

F with a horizontal line (like an i) to close up the F makes a P.

N with a horizontal line (like an i) at the end makes a M

C with another backwards C attached to the end makes an S.

So C+two ii in Roman numerals is CII. This is 102. 102 is Roger Ailes true age. When people get older, they start to develop dementia as they get older and Roger Ailes makes the decisions on Fox News and.....

WAIT WAIT OH MY GOD THERE IS A HUGE CONNECTION.

The Connection is so obvious.

Fox News is Irrational and I just use Glenn Beck Rational so it is fool proof and can't be disputed.

Revere doesn't use logic. Glenn Beck tells him everything he needs to believe.

good grief, and PMSmbc must be your source for what you think and say. you sound just like them.

Well I like how you degraded your own gender in a network you don't like. Nice to know that when we chop everything up to PMS, its irrational.

So C+two ii in Roman numerals is CII. This is 102. 102 is Roger Ailes true age. When people get older, they start to develop dementia as they get older and Roger Ailes makes the decisions on Fox News and.....

Fox News is Irrational and I just use Glenn Beck Rational so it is fool proof and can't be disputed.

wow, so many words and not a damn thing that made any sense out of any it. you should put down the coffee this late at night.
sheeesh:cuckoo:

Why should government tell you what content you must carry on your private network?

Sherman Antitrust Act

Internet providers are a monopoly? Is Sprint the same as Verizon the same as Road Runner?
Not siding with net neutrality here. However, to comment on "monopolies"...Each service provider in effect has a monopoly based on their domination in areas they serve.
For example, I cannot purchase service from Verizon for FiOS or AT&T for U-verse because neither of those companies can serve my area. Windstream is the incumbent telco here. WindStream has no plans to run any kind of fiber network for the forseable future. In effect, WindStream's dominant position deprives me of choice.
in fact I am limited to broadband "lite" because of Time Warner's limited capacity to upgrade their equipment to allow for faster speeds. And this is a suburban area in the #27 tv and radio market in the US. So it's not as though I live in the boondocks.

wow, so many words and not a damn thing that made any sense out of any it. you should put down the coffee this late at night.

But its Glenn Beck, he is a saint. We must not question his logic.

omg.:eusa_hand: who the fxxk cares

Really?

That's what you think it is?

And just who do you think developed "the backbone" in the first place?

Sprint, Verizon, etc.

Don't embarrass yourself by claiming their 3g or 4g networks owe their exsitence to the internet Al Gore invented decades ago.

That, and the FCC has no authority over the internet. The SCOTUS already said so. This is a naked power grab by a discredited President who can't get anything passed through the legislative process anymore.

You're one of those fucknuts who think the internet is a public good, aren't you, fucknuts?

Well I used to think the net was a public good and then you showed up on it :D

Actually what Rev is trying to do is protect the big con networks who bought up all the communications during the Bush power grab era. He doesn't want anyone else to have access. And now with no restrictions on campaign contributions, the big cons can control what you hear and see on the www. That leads to their god, fucked up morals & ethics, etc.

Actually what Rev is trying to do is protect the big con networks who bought up all the communications during the Bush power grab era. He doesn't want anyone else to have access. And now with no restrictions on campaign contributions, the big cons can control what you hear and see on the www. That leads to their god, fucked up morals & ethics, etc.

And who also broke federal privacy wiretap type laws and got pardoned/exempted in a bill under bush and republican control.

tools of the megacorps, sigh...

This is the second thread where you have mentioned Glenn. Obcess much do you? Glenn a threat to you? Really?

In December.

Obama doesnt' believe in a representative republic.

Just a lot of rules by agencies he controls and who answer to nobody.

Sources: FCC chief working on net neutrality proposal - Kim Hart - POLITICO.com

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is putting together a net neutrality proposal and plans to take action on the controversial issue as early as next month, according to several sources with knowledge of the situation.

Details of the proposal being developed by Genachowski’s office are unclear, but sources say it could be similar to the deal stakeholders tried to reach with Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) earlier this fall.

The long-running net neutrality debate centers around rules that would require Internet service providers to treat all web traffic equally. Internet companies like Google and Skype want net neutrality rules applied to both wireline and wireless networks, but network operators including AT&T, Verizon and Comcast say they need flexibility to manage web traffic on their lines

Read more: Sources: FCC chief working on net neutrality proposal - Kim Hart - POLITICO.com

It's none of the government's business. If an entity on the web wishes to filter content -or-not from their equipment it is their right to do so at their whim. The assets belong to the entities...NOT Government.

And who also broke federal privacy wiretap type laws and got pardoned/exempted in a bill under bush and republican control.

tools of the megacorps, sigh...

It would be nice to hear people like Rev crying to ban corporations.

Forum List

Back