FCC plans December vote to kill net neutrality rules

Anything Obama should be done away with. Collosal failure, total vanity presidency for liberal cucks.

This line of thinking is dangerous. He doesn' even know what it is just get rid of it because they evoked the name Obama. "send me money because Obama said you wouldn't."

Stfu clown

Internet lines are not like cable or electricity....that is the first lesson.

The ones you clearly don't know.

Look them up, fucktard. You should have done that a long time ago

Internet lines are not like cable or electricity....that is the first lesson. and I never resorted to name calling with you so I'm guessing because you went there first it means I've just made you look like a fool.

The ones you clearly don't know.

Look them up, fucktard. You should have done that a long time ago

Internet lines are not like cable or electricity....that is the first lesson. and I never resorted to name calling with you so I'm guessing because you went there first it means I've just made you look like a fool.

:lol:

I am sorry if I've offended your delicate sensitivities.

I am happy to seriously discuss the net neutrality regulations. But in order for that to happen, we both have to know what those regulations are.

I know what they are. When you know what they are, we can discuss them civilly.

Deciding whether Internet connections should be like electricity or cable television is not feasible. The idea that we all get the same electric service works but we can pay for different levels of cable tv and internet.

I am sorry if I've offended your delicate sensitivities.

I am happy to seriously discuss the net neutrality regulations. But in order for that to happen, we both have to know what those regulations are.

I know what they are. When you know what they are, we can discuss them civilly.
If you read back in this thread you will find I've already discussed this. Regulating the internet doesn't work and I laid out why. I asked you to argue in favor of Net N and so far you have failed to do so. Now I'm bored with you. I don't think you have studied this like you claimed. That is the problem with America today too many people arguing concepts they know little about.

FCC Plans December Vote to Kill Net Neutrality Rules

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission next month is planning a vote to kill Obama-era rules demanding fair treatment of web traffic and may decide to vacate the regulations altogether, according to people familiar with the plans.

Excellent.
why?

Better question- why net neutrality?
do you like the internet the way it is now? I do.

Do you want AOL or Comcast etc to decide for you, on what you will be able to see and at what speed you see it? Net neutrality means all of us can see who we want to see and read or see and watch when we want to watch it at the bandwidth we are paying for....

getting rid of net neutrality means our providers will decide what sites we can view at a fast speed and which ones at a snails pace.... they would get to pick the winners and losers depending on which big corporation gave them the bigger contract or bigger amount of cash behind the scene.....

this hurts start up businesses who have had an even Steven fair shake in getting their chance to succeed on the internet....

right now, we the people, using the net, pick the winners and losers of our own choice, everyone has the same bandwidth speed that each individual has on their plan so joe shmoes china shop moves as quickly when shopping it as shopping at walmart...

without net neutrality, then Comcast as example...can make a financial deal with walmart to give their site more bandwidth speed than the china shop, making the china shop less appealing to shoppers getting frustrated with their time clocks when trying to go to the next page....

This is nonsense.

What "new ideas" would be stifled?

As for "business models", stopping "innovative business models" is the fucking point of the bill.
Doc you are in over your head on this one.....this is my hobby and retired field.
Obama made a huge mistake when he signed on to this scam.

You are the one running a scam. The ISPs win big and the people lose.

Internet lines are not like cable or electricity....that is the first lesson.

ISPs are like utilities in 1 important way. They are both monopolies or oligopolies. That means they can take steps to stifle competition. We see these ISPs snatching up content providers. Comcast owns Universal and AT&T is trying to take over Warner. Want to go online and see a trailer for a Universal movie, If you are using AT&T, they could slow it down and make it unwatchable. Comcast could also slow down anything related to Warner products. Also they could blackmail websites by saying pay me more or I will slow you down so much that you will not be in business. Net neutrality is treating all data equally. I guess RWNJ have a problem with equality. The FCC is looking out for big business not ordinary people and this is another example.

this measure IS NOT GOOD at all for the little guy or a small business...

corporations are gonna love it...

Why?

Net Neutrality is the basic principle that prohibits internet service providers like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon from speeding up, slowing down or blocking any content, applications or websites you want to use. Net Neutrality is the way that the internet has always worked.

Net neutrality - Wikipedia

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating most of the Internet must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge deferentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.

How about money? You pay more you get better service. Quality Inn v. Ritz-Carlton.

Why?

Net Neutrality is the basic principle that prohibits internet service providers like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon from speeding up, slowing down or blocking any content, applications or websites you want to use. Net Neutrality is the way that the internet has always worked.

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating most of the Internet must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge deferentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.

How about money? You pay more you get better service. Quality Inn v. Ritz-Carlton.

You have to remember these are the far left drones that said Obamacare would be better and cost less.

How wrong they were!

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission next month is planning a vote to kill Obama-era rules demanding fair treatment of web traffic and may decide to vacate the regulations altogether, according to people familiar with the plans.

Excellent.
why?

Do you want AOL or Comcast etc to decide for you, on what you will be able to see and at what speed you see it? Net neutrality means all of us can see who we want to see and read or see and watch when we want to watch it at the bandwidth we are paying for....

getting rid of net neutrality means our providers will decide what sites we can view at a fast speed and which ones at a snails pace.... they would get to pick the winners and losers depending on which big corporation gave them the bigger contract or bigger amount of cash behind the scene.....

this hurts start up businesses who have had an even Steven fair shake in getting their chance to succeed on the internet....

right now, we the people, using the net, pick the winners and losers of our own choice, everyone has the same bandwidth speed that each individual has on their plan so joe shmoes china shop moves as quickly when shopping it as shopping at walmart...

without net neutrality, then Comcast as example...can make a financial deal with walmart to give their site more bandwidth speed than the china shop, making the china shop less appealing to shoppers getting frustrated with their time clocks when trying to go to the next page....

See the age old, corporations deciding is evil, but it is ok for the government to decide..

The far left still does not have a clue that they are one and the same, except corporations can be held accountable, the government can not.

Why?

That's how it is now, WE As the customer pays more for a faster internet speed, a guaranteed minimum internet speed.

We control it.

Without net neutrality, the ISP will choose who they will run faster and what sites I may choose to visit is on their crawl list and the internet I'm still paying the same price is crawling at a snail's pace.

Please for the love of God, call your reps and senators and tell them NO!!!!!

Excellent.
why?

No, it doesn’t mean any of those things. Why do most Libs always insist on non-dynamic evaluation of things like this.

If your ISP pisses you off by changing the speed they deliver your content, get a new ISP. Why can’t you understand that in a capitalistic, regulated free market companies see a need and fill it. So if you and your ilk can’t download your cat videos fast enough, some company will see the market and the margin, and fill it. Those things don’t occur in government controlled or planned economies, at least with any efficiency.

Forum List

Back