Obama: GOP trying to destroy Social Security

Now that's a good one. MILLIONS of local, state, and federal government workers, who are majority DEMOCRATS and hack buddies of Democrats don't even pay into Social Security.

MILLIONS OF DEMOCRATS DON"T EVEN PAY INTO THE SYSTEM!

Lying Motherfucker Obama.

what would have happened if bush got his way and people were investing SS right before the crash? personally I wish you could opt out and I would do so the second it become an option

I'll make a deal with the government. Turn over to me everything I've funded in SocSec and you won't ever have to pay me a dime when I'm eligible.

Do we have a deal?

I want out and I'll give all the proceeds to Warren Buffet to invest

Now that's a good one. MILLIONS of local, state, and federal government workers, who are majority DEMOCRATS and hack buddies of Democrats don't even pay into Social Security.

MILLIONS OF DEMOCRATS DON"T EVEN PAY INTO THE SYSTEM!

Lying Motherfucker Obama.

Who is exempt from paying the FICA tax in the United States? - eXtension

Who is exempt from paying the FICA tax in the United States?
Last Updated: March 30, 2009

FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. FICA consists of two separate payroll taxes: Social Security (6.2% of pay) and Medicare (1.45% of pay), for a total of 7.65%. This is paid equally by workers and their employers, for a total of 15.3% of pay (7.65% x 2). In the case of self-employed workers and independent contractors, they pay the full 15.3% tax as self-employment taxes on Schedule SE that is filed with their tax return.

Almost all employed and self-employed workers are covered by Social Security and are expected to pay FICA tax or self-employment taxes. The major exceptions are most civilian federal government employees hired before 1984 (they are covered by and pay the 1.45% tax for Medicare but not for Social Security retirement benefits) and about 25% of state and local government employees with a pension plan. There are also other limited exceptions that apply (e.g., some on-campus college student employment).​

Which equates to MILLIONS of majority Democrat employees AND GROWING who fought hard decades ago to be absolved of contributions and being involved with the SS system. They also created laws so no one could force them to participate in a system the rest of America was "impressed" into.

You want real REFORM? How about making every citizen pay into the system, and you watch all the Democrat government employees shriek to high heaven. BILLIONS and BILLIONS missing from their contributions over the decades if not more.

Facts, sorry.

Obama: GOP trying to destroy Social Security - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

as is the case with obama....yet another lie

because the truth is:

Most Republicans, in fact, are wary of touching that idea, because Social Security is virtually sacrosanct to voters, particularly seniors.

and some democrats support the idea, but leave it to the liar in chief to sling mud and really have the "change" and end partisan bickering....

They're actually trying to save it! :cuckoo: The Party of Know! :clap2:

Which equates to MILLIONS of majority Democrat employees AND GROWING who fought hard decades ago to be absolved of contributions and being involved with the SS system. They also created laws so no one could force them to participate in a system the rest of America was "impressed" into.

You want real REFORM? How about making every citizen pay into the system, and you watch all the Democrat government employees shriek to high heaven. BILLIONS and BILLIONS missing from their contributions over the decades if not more.

Facts, sorry.
Most of the civil servants I know are conservative. I'm in the military.

The reality is that SS is broke, most of us posting on these forums won’t have a retirement that we paid into our whole life because the Government already spent that money and left us with an IOU.

Speak for yourself. That's why I save much of what I make and put 10% into my 401k. I am not stupid enough to let the government be responsible for my retirement, nor do I pity anyone that is. And, SS is the exact reason I don't want government touching my health care. If there ever was an opposite to the Midas touch, the United States government would be it.

The reality is that SS is broke, most of us posting on these forums won’t have a retirement that we paid into our whole life because the Government already spent that money and left us with an IOU.

Speak for yourself. That's why I save much of what I make and put 10% into my 401k. I am not stupid enough to let the government be responsible for my retirement, nor do I pity anyone that is. And, SS is the exact reason I don't want government touching my health care. If there ever was an opposite to the Midas touch, the United States government would be it.
You will be glad for medicare though.

Of course you have planned for medical care during retirement?

You will be glad for medicare though.

Of course you have planned for medical care during retirement?

The way I am saving for retirement, I'll have plenty to cover medical costs.

The Dow would most likely be around 15,000.....maybe higher, if Bush's plan had gone into effect.

Where on earth did you pull that from? What would privatizing a piece of Social Security have to do with the financial crash? They are not even related to each other.

Nice. Any other musings to entertain GOP followers with?

you'd think, listening to them, that they didn't run things for 8 years.

if their ideas were so good, they wouldn't have crashed the economy. :thup:

did you "forget" that the dems controlled congress from 2007 on? you know, when the economy started to tank....

Democrats taking control of Congress in 2007 didn't have a single, solitary thing to do with the economy crashing. That was already in the works and had been a bubble blowing up for years ready to burst. It would have happened even if the Republicans had maintained control.

I see many conservatives deceptively claiming that because the Democrats won Congress in the 2006 elections, that somehow caused the financial crash. That's absolute bullshit and you all know it.

Facts, sorry.

No, it's not the facts, sorry. Everybody, including government employees and elected members of Congress pay into Social Security.

did you "forget" that the dems controlled congress from 2007 on? you know, when the economy started to tank....

Democrats taking control of Congress in 2007 didn't have a single, solitary thing to do with the economy crashing. That was already in the works and had been a bubble blowing up for years ready to burst. It would have happened even if the Republicans had maintained control.

I see many conservatives deceptively claiming that because the Democrats won Congress in the 2006 elections, that somehow caused the financial crash. That's absolute bullshit and you all know it.

Kudos for you honesty

Kudos for you honesty

Have you been reading this thread from the beginning? The dems started with the Community Reinvestment Act, giving mortgages to the unqualified. Then they took huge contributions from Fannie/Freddie/Countrywide, etc, to keep their cash cows. The GOP got in and passed the American Jobs Creation Act that gave tax breaks to move factories overseas. It didn't take long for those two bad policies to sink the US economy. It wasn't the 2006-2008 timeframe, it was brewing for years, and finally crashed. It took many years for US manufacturing to go from 28% of the economy to 12%. It will take many more to rebuild it and start creating wealth again.

Last edited:

and bush used his little veto pen for the first time in his presidency... frequently.... every time the dems tried to do anything.

so you might want to not try to lay the blame on the dems. ultimately, it was the dems who bailed out his butt.

you know what amazes me... that a goodly percentage of the country thinks president obama signed the TARP bill into law.

nutters... apparently Obama was president in october 2008.

you'd think, listening to them, that they didn't run things for 8 years. if their ideas (policies?) were so good, they wouldn't have crashed the economy.

First The Dems were the majority in congress for 2 years at the end so it was really 6 years of "Republican rule". Next you have almost 4 years of a Dem congress and 2 of that with a Dem president. If Dems needed votes and time to "fix" things per Democrats definition it should have been done easily by now.

If things are not "fixed" by the end of Obama's 4 years then there would be no doubt he has failed... Being he has made things much worse in order to push up numbers he has a LONG ways to go because he not only would have to fix what Bush did, he would have to fix what he did.

With your logic I could blame Democrats for everything through history, and you could blame Republicans for everything though history and we would both be right.

Maybe the real answer is somewhere near Bush and the Republican congress grew Government and spent us into debt... Now we have Obama and a dem congress doing mostly the same policies as Bush AND continuing to spend even more than Bush.

It sounds to me like if you like Obama then you had to of liked Bush. Name some important issues Obama is different on than Bush and why you like Obama's position. Important is key here, no one gives a shit about his world tour to apologize for what America has been under Bush when Obama expanded wars and followed near every other Bush policy.

You think too short-term. The US economy takes many years to evolve or devolve. Clinton passed the "Community Reinvestment Act, which gave mortgages to the unqualified. The GOP passed the American Jobs Creation Act, which gave tax breaks to move US factories overseas. Combine moved factories, lost jobs, foreclosed mortgages, and you have the financial crisis. The answer was to borrow money from where the factories were moved...where they "create wealth". When we can't borrow any more to pay for entitlements is when the chit really hits the fan. We need tax breaks to create jobs, and to get taxes from off-shore cheats, such as in Swiss accounts.

IMHO we need to reform entitlements with the previously defined "generational fairness" as a guide to the revisions. Otherwise the benefits get cut by 25% in the future to pay todays geezers 100%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back