Obama glad Eagles signed Vick. The picture on Drudge says it all!

no mod...i just dont believe sadist change...sorry....

o how did vick do tuesday....not so well....deal with it....i hope defensive players take him out of ever game...i hope the pos limps off the field ever game...

You're missing my point. As for Vick playing, I'm not a fan of the Eagles. In fact, I'm a Patriots fan. Vick not playing well is fine by me at this point because it means Tom Brady's chances for a MVP award are that much better.

Eagles owner Laurie took a risk on Vick. He didn't have a crystal ball that Vick would exceed expectations. Hell, Vick sat the bench all of last year behind McNabb. Vick didn't even begin this season as the #1 starter, as that designation was given to Kevin Kolb. The majority of Eagles fans were agaiinst the Eagles even picking up Vick because of the 'image thang'.
You know little about Pro Football and specifically, the Eagles; and even less about business.
Get back and tend to your hot dog cart in front of your local Lowes before your wieners shrivel. :lol:

The fact that you made a statement about my knolwdege of of football without knowing me personally nor ever hearing me discuss pro football at length speaks volumes about you.

But you and I are not the topic...although it seems you wanted to make us that.

If you do NOT think that the owners of the Eagles did NOT conduct a market survey to determine how his bringing Vick on would tarnish image and affect merchandise sales, then I would question YOUR knowledge of pro football and business. But I dont give a crap about how little you know.

NFL Properties, the merchandise arm of the NFL has a research department that is constantly working for the owners. They determine when the market is saturated and new uniforms are needed to expand jersey sales; they conduct research to determine the effectiveness of affiliations with non profit organizations as it pertains to reach; and yes, they are also directly involved in determining the impact of bad publicity; and how to clean it up.

Vick was not brought on strictly per the advice of McNabb...something the press seemed to believe. To the contrary, every team had an interest in Vick for his talent....and most passed as the market research showed THEIR individual markets as ones that would not take to Vick...sure, all would in the long run. The guy runs the 40 in 4.1 and he has the durability to be more than just a pass or handoff QB...something rare these days...But in the short run, most knew their local media would rip him apart and the fan base would rebel. He sat for the first year NOT becuase he was not as good as McNabb. He sat becuase he needed to be eased into not only their offensive system...but into the public as well. They waited for the "good press"...the "good deed" commercials to take affect. He was not slated to start this year as the marklet research showed it best to ease him in unexpectedly....sort of as a means to "win" and such would result in as little backlash from the media or the public as possible.

The hiring of Vick was a calculated move...and quite honestly...pure genius by the organization.

Sadly, it is fools like you that fall for the old "we will take a chance and bring him on becuase he deserves a second chance" rhetoric.

They brought him on for the same reason that the stock market has been going up. They saw a good deal and wanted to capitalize on it.

And save your criticism for someone else. You are out of your league with me.

Market surveys can be wrong, so that's a contrived talking point pulled out of your nether region.
And I am out of your league; the league of extraordinary shit talkers.

lol....like that makes a lot of sense.

Mine was not the debate of the validity of market reseaarch data.

Mine was a description on how business decisions are made....and how it was made in Philly

And your response is to talk about how accurate such data may be?

I did not realize you were an idiot. I will make it easier for you.....

The owners of the Eagles did not do Vick a favor...he did himself a favor by signing vick for half the amount a normal player of his talent would have demanded.

Its one thing to pay your debt, and then resume your life. Its quite another to get adulation from the President of the United States. Obama sure does have some fucked up priorities. And
sleazy friends.

Vick is doing a good job and making tons of money doing it. Just like many other people in this country - who haven't electrocuted anything. Why does Obama snub them?

What a bozo comment, Chanel. Your hatred is palpable. Grow up. Unsubscribe.

Last edited:
It's always pretty disgusting when people try to use sports to further their own political beliefs. Seeing a lot of in this thread. I'm guessing some people only believe in second chances in society when it benefits their political ideology.

Yo...

The debate was about Obama praising the owner of the eagles for giving vick a second chance.....not a debate over whether or not he deserved a second chance.

The truth is...sure he deserved a second chance.

But was that truly the reason the eagles took him on? To give him a second chance?

Or did they simply see a really good deal....afterall, he was damaged goods which had no affect on his talent whatsoever.

This was a thread about Obama praising a man for doing something selfish....not selfless as he implied!

Yo...

The debate was about Obama praising the owner of the eagles for giving vick a second chance.....not a debate over whether or not he deserved a second chance.

The truth is...sure he deserved a second chance.

Yes, and some people don't think he did. Don't Taz Me Bro had a /thread moment in the very first response to this thread. TPS is merely trying to use this story as an opportunity to bash Obama. Personally, I don't care if Obama praised the owner but the matter of the fact is the owner did take a chance in giving Vick a second chance. Part of it was selfish, but there were other quarterbacks who at the time seemed better that they could of played. Let's remember for a moment, before this year, Vick wasn't exactly a stellar QB and he was coming off a prison sentence where he hadn't played football in years.

I am sorry.

What the fuck does Obama have to do with this?

As for Vick, he did the crime, he did the time. Our whole penal system is based on the concept of rehabilitation, hence "Penitentiary" being derived from the word "penance".

I am sorry.

As for Vick, he did the crime, he did the time. Our whole penal system is based on the concept of rehabilitation, hence "Penitentiary" being derived from the word "penance".

IMHO the thread is more about the President, Obama praising yet another lawbreaker (even though he did serve his time), and disrespecting the average law abiding citizen with new policies, for airport security (that treats citizens like crimminals), for the border (that treats law breaking immigrants like royalty), and health care that treats lawabiding citizens as "subjects". He ignored the New Black Panthers blantant disregard for the law in Philadelphia during an election. He accused policemen doing their job of "acting stupidly". It is a very ugly pattern with him: break the law, get praise; support the law, get ridiculed.

I am sorry.

you really believe that?

I should have said "the concept of our whole penal system....".

I don't believe prison really rehabilitates anyone.

However, I can't see any reason why Vick shouldn't be given a second chance.

I am sorry.

IMHO the thread is more about the President, Obama praising yet another lawbreaker (even though he did serve his time), and disrespecting the average law abiding citizen with new policies, for airport security (that treats citizens like crimminals), for the border (that treats law breaking immigrants like royalty), and health care that treats lawabiding citizens as "subjects". He ignored the New Black Panthers blantant disregard for the law in Philadelphia during an election. He accused policemen doing their job of "acting stupidly". It is a very ugly pattern with him: break the law, get praise; support the law, get ridiculed.

You can see any pattern that you want to see if you look hard enough.

He served his time. Funny, right wingers like Vitter, who broke the law using women for money in two states was given a standing ovation by other Republicans. Boehner passed out bribes from the tobacco industry to block a law that might have saved tens of thousands of Americans from cancer. Confederate Republicans celebrate the days of slavery not caring how many millions they offend. Republicans hold millions more hostage to give tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires, even calling the unemployed, whose jobs they helped move to China, "hobos and druggies".

And this guy, he went to prison and served his time for something he may have grown up with. We don't know how he was raised. And right wingers have the nerve to go after him AFTER he paid his debt.

And then to drag Obama into it? Why? Because they're both black?

He's black???

Michael Vick is black??????????

If that's true, I take back everything I've said in defending him.

Obama is only half black. I like his white half.

rdean, you're a fucking moron.
yes, rdean IS a fucking moron
;)

I am sorry.

True..

However you can ignore any pattern by rationalizing it with that exact logic.

Truth is, when the President speaks, the whole world hears him. Very few have that quality.
That being said, he should choose who he praises and who he ridicules more carefully.

Like I have said many times in this thread.....If he praised a business owner for hiring an ex con who stole cars in an effort to feed his family. to work in his mailroom and saying "of the many he could have hired, he opted to give a man a second chance", I would have no beef with it.

But to praise a man for hiring an ex con who did not break the law to feed his family, but instead showed total disregard for the law in an effort to have further pleasure than his multi million dollar contract afforded him...well....lets just say it was completely out of place.

We need to remember, Vick was a millionaire. He had it all. His crimes were not for need, but for pleasure...his crimes were not from living in the wrong neighborhood where crime is a way of life...they were a slap in the face of success.

He deserves to be free based on his sentence, but he will always be dirty to me....and the President should never use his name with a compliment....in my opinion.

Too many others that deserve it more than him.

True..

However you can ignore any pattern by rationalizing it with that exact logic.

Truth is, when the President speaks, the whole world hears him. Very few have that quality.
That being said, he should choose who he praises and who he ridicules more carefully.

Like I have said many times in this thread.....If he praised a business owner for hiring an ex con who stole cars in an effort to feed his family. to work in his mailroom and saying "of the many he could have hired, he opted to give a man a second chance", I would have no beef with it.

But to praise a man for hiring an ex con who did not break the law to feed his family, but instead showed total disregard for the law in an effort to have further pleasure than his multi million dollar contract afforded him...well....lets just say it was completely out of place.

We need to remember, Vick was a millionaire. He had it all. His crimes were not for need, but for pleasure...his crimes were not from living in the wrong neighborhood where crime is a way of life...they were a slap in the face of success.

He deserves to be free based on his sentence, but he will always be dirty to me....and the President should never use his name with a compliment....in my opinion.

Too many others that deserve it more than him.

I agree that Obama shouldn't even be saying Vick's name, because of the emotion and controversy that name brings up. He and or his staff seem to have a hard time deciding which battles to pick.

I think most people deserve a second chance--aside from like serial rapists, and murders, etc. Even if others may be more deserving than Vick or whatever, he could be a good model for successful second chances years from now because of his well known name and situation, and because the money he's coming into puts him in a position to help a lot of people through charities and stuff like that.

Way too early to use him as that model now, though.

Forum List

Back