Obama gives a shout out to non believers .....

You tell me. I don't automatically revert to the "you're a bad example of your religion"/"you hate everybody" mantra when I can't make a point otherwise. I just know that criticism and yes, even insults, do NOT equal hatred. Nor does a belief in Christ and hell for non-believers indicate that the believer wants people to end up in hell, or believe they have the power to send them there.

it's your scale, honey. you tell me.

I would, but unfortunately some atheist asshole would accuse me of hate speech and/or excluding them if I did.

oh stop it you twit---this is all about me now. I didn't vote far anyone this year but I'll play nice---everyone can play nice----clean slate.

Now will everyone please learn what the race card is and NOT PLAY IT !
EVERYONE !

Nor does a belief in Christ and hell for non-believers indicate that the believer wants people to end up in hell, or believe they have the power to send them there.

I am willing to accept, for the sake of argument, that there is no hate intended when you tell me I am going to hell, Allie. It's possible you say so because, like you insist, you want to warn me of danger and that if you did want me to go to hell, you'd say nothing at all in hopes I'd continue in my wicked ways.

But your claim that because you do not say it in hate means therefore no one else ever says it in hate is invalid.

All I can say is you had to be there.

A major tenet in the modern Christian evangelical/fundamentalist sect is the infallibility of the Bible, and current editions of the Bible are corrupted and poorly preserved...thus casting doubt on the remainder of your claims.

Did you miss that?

Theory. Meanwhile, every day discoveries are made which vouch for the veracity of the bible.

Quit obsessing and climb back under your rock.

I am willing to accept, for the sake of argument, that there is no hate intended when you tell me I am going to hell, Allie. It's possible you say so because, like you insist, you want to warn me of danger and that if you did want me to go to hell, you'd say nothing at all in hopes I'd continue in my wicked ways.

But your claim that because you do not say it in hate means therefore no one else ever says it in hate is invalid.

All I can say is you had to be there.

Get over it---When someone says American IT MEANS YOU. Stop playing the poor little mistreated athiest and if yo momma was a slave , quit bitching about that too. :lol:

Get over it---When someone says American IT MEANS YOU. Stop playing the poor little mistreated athiest and if yo momma was a slave , quit bitching about that too. :lol:

Careful up there on the roof. Some of the slates are loose.

No they don't. There are theories, but they're just theories with absolutely no evidence to back them up.

Mmkay, Babble. Let's look at just one, and see what you have to say about it.

As I've mentioned previously, Scripture cannot establish an accurate date of Jesus’s birth. Luke 2:1-5 reports that “And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child."

Now, Publius Sulpicius Quirinius governed Syria during A.D. 6-9, after Herod Archelaus was banished. Similarly, the census taken during his period of governance occurred in A.D. 6, and Gamaliel mentioned in Acts 5:37 that this caused a violent revolt, (perhaps inspired by religious objections by the Jews in memory of King David’s sinful attempt to do the same thing), a fact that is recorded by the historian Josephus. But if Jesus was born in A.D. 6, the attempts of Herod the Great to murder him that are recorded in Matthew 2 cannot be accurate, since Herod died in 4 B.C.

Hence, there is a discrepancy of about ten years between the Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of Luke. Moreover, if we regard the birth date of A.D. 6 as being accurate, Luke’s account that “Jesus began his ministry at about thirty years of age” in Luke 3:23 would seem to be inaccurate.

Thus, it is for that reason that the author of the Gospel of Luke is regarded as having made a mistake, which of course, poses some problems for the conception of the Bible as “infallible” and “divinely inspired.”

So what do you say, Babble? :eusa_drool:

Awesome----let's get everyone's ass on this boat so we don't have idiots sinking it cause they feel left out.

Hey, that sounds a lot like Corporatism.

How many kinds of atheist are there?

Well, I don't know. I just said I wasn't a "strict" atheist because I just don't know. It usually just doesn't figure much into my daily life, but I'm open to the idea of there being some sort of great "God" or "Creator" or "Catalyst" that set the universe in motion, but I don't have any reason to believe he's talked to anyone or that anybody knows what his "will" is- if "it" [probably more appropriate than he] even has one. So maybe "it" is up there, but then, maybe we're not even the focus- maybe we're just a byproduct of something else. Maybe "God's Will" is centered on some other thing. I've no way of knowing, and I don't believe anybody else has.

But when all is said and done, I guess I'd lean towards "probably not." So maybe I'm an agnostic... but probably I'm an atheist. I like to keep my options open.

Hey, that sounds a lot like Corporatism.

Well, I don't know. I just said I wasn't a "strict" atheist because I just don't know. It usually just doesn't figure much into my daily life, but I'm open to the idea of there being some sort of great "God" or "Creator" or "Catalyst" that set the universe in motion, but I don't have any reason to believe he's talked to anyone or that anybody knows what his "will" is- if "it" [probably more appropriate than he] even has one. So maybe "it" is up there, but then, maybe we're not even the focus- maybe we're just a byproduct of something else. Maybe "God's Will" is centered on some other thing. I've no way of knowing, and I don't believe anybody else has.

But when all is said and done, I guess I'd lean towards "probably not." So maybe I'm an agnostic... but probably I'm an atheist. I like to keep my options open.

Thanks. :)

I was wondering if there were branches like Orthodox or Reformed. I don't really know that much about atheism and I don't think anyone I'm acquainted with is one to tell me about it.

Forum List

Back