Obama first since Ike to win 51% twice

I got them from Wiki. But I rechecked and you guys are right.

Reagan 1980: 50.7%
Reagan 1984: 58.7%

Obama 2008: 53%
Obama 2012: 51%

(Source: Procon.org)

Reagans numbers went up.

"Obama first Prez with more than 51% in both elections." You see how the Press spun that?

Not only did Reagan's numbers go up, but Carter only got 41% of the vote in 1980. Anderson got the other 8%. It was an electoral landslide for Reagan, and also a popular landslide, any way you care to look at it. He beat Carter by almost 10% in the popular vote. It's hard to find a victory margin that large in any American presidential election.

Check LBJ's destruction of Goldwater in 1964: 61 to 39%.

FDR's massacre of Landon in 1936: 60.8% of the vote and 523 to 8 electoral votes

FDR's stomp down of Hoover in 1932: 57.4% of the vote and 472 electoral votes.

FDR's massacre of Landon in 1936: 60.8% of the vote and 523 to 8 electoral votes

Gloating about Democrats winning again, Fakey?

Yeah, everyone believes you're a Republican . . . . . NOT!

Gloating about Democrats winning again, Fakey?

Yeah, everyone believes you're a Republican . . . . . NOT!

Here is what bripat left out of his own post that I answered. I am a Pub, and bripat is a libertarian trying so hard to be one of us and not succeeding. :lol:

got them from Wiki. But I rechecked and you guys are right.

Reagans numbers went up.

"Obama first Prez with more than 51% in both elections." You see how the Press spun that?

Such a little libertarian dweeb.

Here is what bripat left out of his own post that I answered. I am a Pub, and bripat is a libertarian trying so hard to be one of us and not succeeding. :lol:

How do your statistics prove you weren't gloating about Democrats beating Republicans? If you're registered as a Republican, it's only so you can make trouble for Republicans. You obviously support the Democrat party and oppose everything most Republicans stand for.

How do your statistics prove you weren't gloating about Democrats beating Republicans? If you're registered as a Republican, it's only so you can make trouble for Republicans. You obviously support the Democrat party and oppose everything most Republicans stand for.

Yeah Jake thinks he's a picture of the new Republican Party but really his views are just those of the current Democratic party.

#66 above for bripat and libertymoonbeam both. :lol: bripat cannot succeed even with dicing and slicing of posts.

He can never be a Republican until he gives up his libertarian looniness.

Last edited:
send this fool back to where it came from...

Reagan received far more than 51% in both his elections. You're a moron.

Reagan in 1980 won with 50.7% of the popular vote with only 52.6% of eligible voters voting. there was NEVER a popular mandate for Reagan in 1980. He won a landslide in the Electoral College vote but barley squeaked by in the popular vote. Reagan myths abound

Fools and morons include the OP: Ernie S. (Yesterday), LordBrownTrout (Yesterday), Mad Scientist (Yesterday), ShaklesOfBigGov (Today)

Obama 2008: he gets 52.9% of the popular vote with 61.6% (voting eligible) AND an Electoral Mandate ::: Electoral vote 365 vs 173

Obama 2012:
51.0% of the popular vote with 58.9% (voting eligible) still more people voting for Obama than did for Reagan

source: Wikipedia

Last edited:
"Let's get real: The main reason Obama won reelection was that he won landslide majorities (with an average margin of victory of 21.5%) among the two lowest economic groups, i.e., the least successful and least educated among us."

In other words, the low-information stupid freeloaders.

"Speaking of educated, Obama also won by a landslide among high school dropouts (64% to 36%)."

In other words, the hopelessly misguided hypocrites who are hell bent on transferring their hatred and and envy and jealousy to the young ones, whom they expect to pay for their own financial irresponsibility, far down the road,

ummm..... where are those quotes from n00b? :eusa_eh:

They are from post #25 by mikegriffith1. Check them out.

Last edited:
I got them from Wiki. But I rechecked and you guys are right.

Reagans numbers went up.

Not only did Reagan's numbers go up, but Carter only got 41% of the vote in 1980. Anderson got the other 8%. It was an electoral landslide for Reagan, and also a popular landslide, any way you care to look at it. He beat Carter by almost 10% in the popular vote. It's hard to find a victory margin that large in any American presidential election.

your grasp of American history is weak as Romeny's argument for why Americans should've voted for him

Let's put it this way:

If the election had excluded people who had received food stamps in the preceding 12 months, Romney would have won.

If the election had excluded the bottom income group--the least educated and least successful among us--Romney would have won.

If the election had been limited to college graduates, Romney would have won.

If the election had been limited to those who pay 67% of all federal taxes, Romney would have won.

If the election had excluded high school dropouts, the popular vote would have been a virtual tie.

Obama supporters can brag all they want about OBama's reelection, but the raw fact of the matter is that he owes his "victory" to the landslide majorities he received from the two lowest income groups.

And, needless to say, the lowest form of life masquerading as human.

send this fool back to where it came from...

Reagan received far more than 51% in both his elections. You're a moron.

Reagan in 1980 won with 50.7% of the popular vote with only 52.6% of eligible voters voting. there was NEVER a popular mandate for Reagan in 1980. He won a landslide in the Electoral College vote but barley squeaked by in the popular vote. Reagan myths abound

Fools and morons include the OP: Ernie S. (Yesterday), LordBrownTrout (Yesterday), Mad Scientist (Yesterday), ShaklesOfBigGov (Today)

Obama 2008: he gets 52.9% of the popular vote with 61.6% (voting eligible) AND an Electoral Mandate ::: Electoral vote 365 vs 173

Obama 2012:
51.0% of the popular vote with 58.9% (voting eligible) still more people voting for Obama than did for Reagan

source: Wikipedia

As a percentage of actual voters, more people voted in 2008 and 2012 than in 1980 and 1984.

One can go back using Wikipedia links (on right hand side of Wikipedia page above the photos of candidates for each year is a set of links to forward or backward in election years) to all the US Presidential elections and see the historical nature of Obama wins .. especially for a man so demonized by such a huge amount of money and effort

Last edited:
Obama first to win reelection with less votes than he got the first time.

That is one of the stats you'll never see touted by liberals.

Less eligible voters voted...the GOP was hoping to suppress the vote and they did. Yet they still lost btw 2008: 61.6% -- 2012: 51.0%

and with an economy struggling so badly...unemployment numbers that talking heads said dictated Obama being weak...President Obama defied more odds than could be thrown at him. Now you want to salve your wounds of hatred by belittling the accomplishment? Go ahead, you just look like bigger fools than you did in November

Last edited:
The point my fellow Republicans are missing is that: WE LOST!

We should have won in 2012, but the ultra right and libertarian loons drove several million votes away from Romney. Look at the campaigns of Walsh, West, Mourdouch, and Akin for examples.

Forum List

Back