Obama emboldened by a long, dragged-out negative Republican primary slugfest

Obama 2012: Remember when I said "White folks greed runs a world in need"? Well looky at my greedy white opponent!

Hopefully the Republicans beat the hell out of each other and Romney is left standing bruised, battered, and beaten to a pulp come November, 2012.

NBC Politics - Obama emboldened by Republican primary race

By The Associated Press

President Barack Obama has long relished a dragged-out Republican primary contest that would leave the eventual Republican nominee battered before the fall election.

He might be getting his wish, a prospect that is firing up Democrats, galvanizing their ranks and boosting fundraising pitches and requests for volunteers.

"They've awakened some sleeping giants," said Ira Leesfield, a longtime Democratic fundraiser. He said he watched the negative Republican ads and said "it put me into high gear."

As the Republican voting shifts to contests in the Midwest and West, front-runner Mitt Romney's chief rival, Newt Gingrich, is attacking him at every turn and pledging to stay in the race well into the spring. And Romney is paying a price for it: The former Massachusetts governor's negative perceptions among voters have climbed in recent weeks, a trend that could hurt him in a general election matchup with Obama as the genereal election approaches in November.

"The Florida primary will be a turning point in this race — the other side is looking at what could be months of brutal, negative tactics that turn people off to politics altogether," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said in a fundraising pitch to supporters.

The Obama campaign's most recent fundraising report showed it had more than $80 million in the bank, a healthy sum for the coming year...

:lol::lol: Well Obama is probably going to wipe that smirk off of his face--when we conservatives finally have a nominee--because there is no doubt among republicans--tea party conservatives--etc. that we share a common goal of Obama and democrats out office in 2012--no matter which GOP nominee we're debating & arguing about right now.

In fact, conservatives are so driven by that common goal, they've been concentrating on nothing else.....except restricting abortion.

Forum List

Back