Obama emboldened by a long, dragged-out negative Republican primary slugfest

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Hopefully the Republicans beat the hell out of each other and Romney is left standing bruised, battered, and beaten to a pulp come November, 2012.

NBC Politics - Obama emboldened by Republican primary race

By The Associated Press

President Barack Obama has long relished a dragged-out Republican primary contest that would leave the eventual Republican nominee battered before the fall election.

He might be getting his wish, a prospect that is firing up Democrats, galvanizing their ranks and boosting fundraising pitches and requests for volunteers.

"They've awakened some sleeping giants," said Ira Leesfield, a longtime Democratic fundraiser. He said he watched the negative Republican ads and said "it put me into high gear."

As the Republican voting shifts to contests in the Midwest and West, front-runner Mitt Romney's chief rival, Newt Gingrich, is attacking him at every turn and pledging to stay in the race well into the spring. And Romney is paying a price for it: The former Massachusetts governor's negative perceptions among voters have climbed in recent weeks, a trend that could hurt him in a general election matchup with Obama as the genereal election approaches in November.

"The Florida primary will be a turning point in this race — the other side is looking at what could be months of brutal, negative tactics that turn people off to politics altogether," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said in a fundraising pitch to supporters.

The Obama campaign's most recent fundraising report showed it had more than $80 million in the bank, a healthy sum for the coming year...

Hopefully the Republicans beat the hell out of each other and Romney is left standing bruised, battered, and beaten to a pulp come November, 2012.

By The Associated Press

President Barack Obama has long relished a dragged-out Republican primary contest that would leave the eventual Republican nominee battered before the fall election.

He might be getting his wish, a prospect that is firing up Democrats, galvanizing their ranks and boosting fundraising pitches and requests for volunteers.

"They've awakened some sleeping giants," said Ira Leesfield, a longtime Democratic fundraiser. He said he watched the negative Republican ads and said "it put me into high gear."

As the Republican voting shifts to contests in the Midwest and West, front-runner Mitt Romney's chief rival, Newt Gingrich, is attacking him at every turn and pledging to stay in the race well into the spring. And Romney is paying a price for it: The former Massachusetts governor's negative perceptions among voters have climbed in recent weeks, a trend that could hurt him in a general election matchup with Obama as the genereal election approaches in November.

"The Florida primary will be a turning point in this race — the other side is looking at what could be months of brutal, negative tactics that turn people off to politics altogether," Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said in a fundraising pitch to supporters.

The Obama campaign's most recent fundraising report showed it had more than $80 million in the bank, a healthy sum for the coming year...

So, in other words, you dont think Obama would stand well against a healthy Romney without the spin of his background that his GOP opponents are tossing out there?

So then, you prefer a lesser man in the office..

I find that kind of thinking pathetic.

By The Associated Press

So, in other words, you dont think Obama would stand well against a healthy Romney without the spin of his background that his GOP opponents are tossing out there?

It's going to be a very nasty 2012 presidential campaign. The Republicans become vile, nasty and dirty when seeking power via the White House. So yes, let them expose themselves now for all of America to witness.

By The Associated Press

It's going to be a very nasty 2012 presidential campaign. The Republicans become vile, nasty and dirty when seeking power via the White House. So yes, let them expose themselves now for all of America to witness.

hahaha. So, you think Obama is not going to be vile in his campaign you are very naive:lol:

i am no romney fan, but what exactly can you attack him on?

he drove to canada with his dog on the roof? he worked in private equity? he flip flops?

none of those things seem so terrible to me (well, the dog thing isnt great, but ive seen worse)

By The Associated Press

:lol::lol: Well Obama is probably going to wipe that smirk off of his face--when we conservatives finally have a nominee--because there is no doubt among republicans--tea party conservatives--etc. that we share a common goal of Obama and democrats out office in 2012--no matter which GOP nominee we're debating & arguing about right now.

he drove to canada with his dog on the roof? he worked in private equity? he flip flops?

none of those things seem so terrible to me (well, the dog thing isnt great, but ive seen worse)

He's a Mormon, isn't he?

He's a Mormon, isn't he?

sorry, forgot that one. is it true they have magic underwear?

He's a Mormon, isn't he?

sorry, forgot that one. is it true they have magic underwear?

Not to mention secret handshakes.

Obama's going to run the nastiest, dirtiest, most negative campaign in American history because his alternative is to run on his record as POTUS

What liberals like the pundits over at NBC overlook is that the focus will at some point be shifted to Obama and not other Republican candidates. At that point he will be asked to defend his record. ObamaCare? Shovel ready jobs? Fast & Furious? Solyndra? Long term unemployment levels? The Isralis and the Iranians? This won't be a campaign based on vague notions of "Change You Can Believe In!"...this campaign will be based on what the different candidates propose to fix our problems going forward and whether their past performance makes us feel they can live up to the promises they make. Unlike 2008, Barack Obama is going to have to come up with some concrete plans to fix things. And blaming the other side is not a "plan'...that's an excuse.

Obama 2012: Still Bush's Fault, Romney is evil rich white guy, Mo' Hope n' Betta Change

Obama's going to run the nastiest, dirtiest, most negative campaign in American history because his alternative is to run on his record as POTUS

Let us hope and pray that he does exactly that. No pussy-footing around hit-em where it hurts. The conservatives understand and respect such tactics. You fight fire with fire.

This campaign has been great for Romney and I'm now a fan. He learned to fight back and the Marxist Macaca in the White House is in for the fight of his life.

I'm sure Obama is digging through ever bit of dirt he can, because Obama is a guy who unsealed the Ryan's divorce records to help him win his Senate seat.

This campaign has been great for Romney and I'm now a fan. He learned to fight back and the Marxist Macaca in the White House is in for the fight of his life.

I'm sure Obama is digging through ever bit of dirt he can, because Obama is a guy who unsealed the Ryan's divorce records to help him win his Senate seat.

Just you wait until Obama gets Romney in his sights. Take no prisoners Obama!

Just you wait until Obama gets Romney in his sights. Take no prisoners Obama!

Yeah, we already know what a scumbag Obama is.

Romney won't take any shit from him. Obama is going to have to send his spies to rifle through Romney kids underwear draw, because its either that or talks about what a historic fuck up out in the trillion column Obama's been

Last edited:

Let us hope and pray that he does exactly that. No pussy-footing around hit-em where it hurts. The conservatives understand and respect such tactics. You fight fire with fire.

What's Obama's alternative? Run on his record?

What's Obama's alternative? Run on his record?

That's a good starting point.

Forum List

Back