Obama digs in against GOP

Obama is such a good negotiator, "sit down shut up and do what I say", then he goes out on the campaign trail besmirching everyone that was in the room

He is great orator, but one useless prick at the negotiating table.

Is this simply about obamacare? Is that what all of the conservative angst towards him is about? I'm simply curious.

But, they're sitting on a pile of cash right now and not spending it to diversify or increase production. Why not? How will a tax cut make any difference?

In a free country, you're allowed to save money. Maybe you see potential savings in solar energy, but recognize the efficiencies are growing quickly, so yo wait for a better product. Point is, YOU don't get to decide what those with money do with it, they do.

But, they're sitting on a pile of cash right now and not spending it to diversify or increase production. Why not? How will a tax cut make any difference?

In a free country, you're allowed to save money. Maybe you see potential savings in solar energy, but recognize the efficiencies are growing quickly, so yo wait for a better product. Point is, YOU don't get to decide what those with money do with it, they do.

That's fine. But, I don't see any point in giving them even more to sit on, do you? Why?

Fannie and Freddie went from 75% of the market to 25% when private institutions and Booosh's regulators ruined the world. Quite an alternate universe the dupes have...

The GOP is the prisoner of the GOP's brainwashed whackjobs. They won't see power again until the late 2020's LOL.

Obama is such a good negotiator, "sit down shut up and do what I say", then he goes out on the campaign trail besmirching everyone that was in the room

He is great orator, but one useless prick at the negotiating table.

Is this simply about obamacare? Is that what all of the conservative angst towards him is about? I'm simply curious.
What angst are you talking about?

If anyone has angst, it's the chump who sends his underlings out to to the dirty work, while he flits off to friendly territory to do a campaign rally.

That's fine. But, I don't see any point in giving them even more to sit on, do you? Why?

Part of market nibbleness and ushering in new technology is ready capital. These are both excellent reasons for creating new jobs.

Part of market nibbleness and ushering in new technology is ready capital. These are both excellent reasons for creating new jobs.

Large corporations are now sitting on more capital than they have ever had. At this point their lack of spending and hiring IS the problem. Unless you think the government should be hiring?

Wasn't the whole point of the tax cuts in the first place was to give these corporations more money to create jobs? Walmart could give all of their hourly rated employees a $5K per annum raise, still book a very healthy profit and save the American taxpayers $422K PER STORE in employment subsidies. Just remeber how many of your tax dollars Walmart employees are getting the next time you shop there for your cheap detergent. Is it worth it?

Kick their assess.Mr. president. Don't let them take you hostage again. Rightys , don't stop being you. You will lose again big time in 16. Please don't stop, its all about defeating the left eighty?

Large corporations are now sitting on more capital than they have ever had. At this point their lack of spending and hiring IS the problem. Unless you think the government should be hiring?

Wasn't the whole point of the tax cuts in the first place was to give these corporations more money to create jobs? Walmart could give all of their hourly rated employees a $5K per annum raise, still book a very healthy profit and save the American taxpayers $422K PER STORE in employment subsidies. Just remeber how many of your tax dollars Walmart employees are getting the next time you shop there for your cheap detergent. Is it worth it?

No rational businessperson spends when they don't know what their overhead will be in the coming months.

The uncertainty that Obama presents is the primary cause of all of that cash sitting on the sidelines. Everyone is bracing for it.

The Jesuits weigh in on the fiscal cliff:

Jesuit Conference Statement on Taxes and the Fiscal Cliff « The Society of Jesus in the United States

All you Republicans here will be pleased to know that Robert Reich, Labor Secretary under Bill Clinton, is in favour of going over the cliff too. He says that if it happens, the Republicans will lose the house in 2 years:

Robert Reich

It's the second post: He says, don't back down, don't give it. I couldn't agree more.

It's looking more and more like going over the cliff is better than what Obama wants.

I say the House needs to pass an extension of the Bush Tax-cuts and let Obama do what he's going to do. He's never going to agree to anything.

If I was the GOP I'd call Obama every name in the book, tell him to go fuck himself, and save their jobs in the process.

If I was the GOP I'd call Obama every name in the book, tell him to go fuck himself, and save their jobs in the process.

Actually, that's what I'm hoping the GOP will do.

Then the Bush tax cuts will expire on their own and we go back to the same tax rates as under Clinton. Obama can introduce a bill to cut taxes to the middle class and poor and if the Republicans refuse to vote for it, the middle class will know who's side they're and the Republicans can kiss the 2014 election good-bye.

Yeah, they'll keep their jobs, for now.

The Jesuits weigh in on the fiscal cliff:

Jesuit Conference Statement on Taxes and the Fiscal Cliff « The Society of Jesus in the United States

All you Republicans here will be pleased to know that Robert Reich, Labor Secretary under Bill Clinton, is in favour of going over the cliff too. He says that if it happens, the Republicans will lose the house in 2 years:

Robert Reich

It's the second post: He says, don't back down, don't give it. I couldn't agree more.

It's looking more and more like going over the cliff is better than what Obama wants.

I say the House needs to pass an extension of the Bush Tax-cuts and let Obama do what he's going to do. He's never going to agree to anything.

Boner is too much of a gutless GOP neocon establishment party man tool to go that route.

He'll cave....Mark it down.

Forum List

Back